Become a Patron!

Which dual battery squonk?

diceman1000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, I just recently got into squonking and reallyove it. I currently have a Pulse 80w but am in the market for a dual battery mod. What is the best one?

I've looked at the Mach On3, Rage, Basium, Cut, and COV DTK. I don't care about TC so the Niagra may be an option too...

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Regulated or mech? Im into mechas and love my defiant design ds's but in the last week...got 2 ohmboy rage regulated squonks and man...i love em
d70ab1e9c18c175cef5b515a97cc1017.jpg
cbcb49cd259feb0ed407167020ef95fc.jpg

Sent from a very cloudy room

diceman1000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Regulated or mech? Im into mechas and love my defiant design ds's but in the last week...got 2 ohmboy rage regulated squonks and man...i love em
d70ab1e9c18c175cef5b515a97cc1017.jpg
cbcb49cd259feb0ed407167020ef95fc.jpg

My bad, regulated, lol.

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well then thats my answer...i dont use regs but these...i havent put down. Got one last monday and another yesterday..also look at the new mach on3 everyones talkin bout

diceman1000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Rage and the Mach On3 are the two I keep going back and forth between, lol.
Well then thats my answer...i dont use regs but these...i havent put down. Got one last monday and another yesterday..also look at the new mach on3 everyones talkin bout

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The geekvape Gbox 200 is also worthwhile, (albeit I modded bottle and bottle-cover).

Similarly had to mod the DS-style 1:1 bottle, but that parallel-mech is also lovely. I vaped that sucker all day and only pulled the batteries after emptying 2 bottles.. (I might have been able to get a third, but had to road-trip anyway)

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And, while the membrane is silicone - too stiff.

And, it's that same idiotic proprietary bottle-fitting thing I replaced once and would replace again.

Fluxxxtasy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Loven the Capo 216 ever since I modded it to take the pulse mech squonk bottle. Great Dual 21700 squonker imo

Tall Pines

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do like the Ijoy Capo 216. It is a nice hitting mod. I like it much better than the Geekvape Gbox. It is my opinion that the Desire Cut Subohm Edition and the Ijoy Capo 100w squonker perform just as good as a dual battery squonker. The Cut is one of my daily mods that I take pretty much everywhere I go. I like the way it fits in my hand, 21700 battery and it hits like a champ. The Capo 100w is also one that I like to carry out with me. Matter of fact I have 2 of them. Small and easy to carry around, 21700 battery and it also hits like a champ. Dual battery squonkers to me are hard to take out and about with you. But with saying that. I do have a few and enjoy using them.

I do like the Ijoy Capo 216. It is a nice hitting mod. I like it much better than the Geekvape Gbox. It is my opinion that the Desire Cut Subohm Edition and the Ijoy Capo 100w squonker perform just as good as a dual battery squonker. The Cut is one of my daily mods that I take pretty much everywhere I go. I like the way it fits in my hand, 21700 battery and it hits like a champ. The Capo 100w is also one that I like to carry out with me. Matter of fact I have 2 of them. Small and easy to carry around, 21700 battery and it also hits like a champ. Dual battery squonkers to me are hard to take out and about with you. But with saying that. I do have a few and enjoy using them.

Hey man so I'm wondering if you could send me any feedback. I've got the capo 100w squonker and just can't get any real power out of it. Even running a tiny build (26g 5wrap) it's just an EXTREMELY long ramp up time and just no real power at all. I'm mostly running the ijoy 21700 battery but also have tried a mxjo 18650 and one of my Sony vtc5 and no real difference. Just wanted to know what I could do to get it to hit good like you say yours does bc as of now it's just a dust collector. Thanks in advance!

Okay cool thanks for the input! I'll have to try it out. What's a good but cheap dual battery squonker? I got the capo for like 13.99 from Chinese site cigabuy a couple months ago. Does anyone have any experience with the Samsung 30t or 40t?

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay cool thanks for the input! I'll have to try it out. What's a good but cheap dual battery squonker? I got the capo for like 13.99 from Chinese site cigabuy a couple months ago. Does anyone have any experience with the Samsung 30t or 40t?
Whats cheap? That can go many ways...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There's a saying in spanish
"Lo barrato sale caro"
Google it

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So far, my "best squonker" is a ds-style clone from 3FVape - the one with the ENGRAVED name, not the ink.

I threw away the "proprietary bottle", added a silicon bottle, and used a Plasticine-like RV (works like modeling clay) caulk around the 510 area inside the topcap-layers. Not a dribble since. Since I top-fill thru the 510 with a Vandy Vape refill bottle, the only time I ever see the bottle and stuff inside is when I take it apart for cleaning.. Not been a need for that in weeks. Oh, I also pulled out the bottle-screw in the bottom, mixed a little epoxy-putty, and filled it flush with a penny forced in to help protect it: this makes it vastly easier to replace the batteries and the bottle no longer suffers that stupid screw.

It works beautifully and I've had no issues at 0.24Ω or higher.. (I accidentally took the batteries WAY low last night - to 1.65v each - but, it's never happened before and they charged fine.) [note to self: change the cells every two days - before you start a programming session!]

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
So far, my "best squonker" is a ds-style clone from 3FVape - the one with the ENGRAVED name, not the ink.

I threw away the "proprietary bottle", added a silicon bottle, and used a Plasticine-like RV (works like modeling clay) caulk around the 510 area inside the topcap-layers. Not a dribble since. Since I top-fill thru the 510 with a Vandy Vape refill bottle, the only time I ever see the bottle and stuff inside is when I take it apart for cleaning.. Not been a need for that in weeks. Oh, I also pulled out the bottle-screw in the bottom, mixed a little epoxy-putty, and filled it flush with a penny forced in to help protect it: this makes it vastly easier to replace the batteries and the bottle no longer suffers that stupid screw.

It works beautifully and I've had no issues at 0.24Ω or higher.. (I accidentally took the batteries WAY low last night - to 1.65v each - but, it's never happened before and they charged fine.) [note to self: change the cells every two days - before you start a programming session!]

He wants regulated only

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ah, oops - good luck with that. I've not seen anything for squonking I'd spend on of late.. That gbox battery-door issue and IC issue really peeved me.

The SXK Boxer clone got a good review, and I like the looks - but the price seems somewhat high for injected-plastic VV/VW

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Theres a boxer regulated clone in the market...

I found a SXK boxer 200 on everzon for less than 50 bucks. Not a clone either, the real thing. At least that's what the sight is saying. And did some research on the reviews of the site and most all of them say that it's pretty legit. I looked at the engraved ds squonker from 3fvape and have been seriously considering it. But I want something regulated. Now if the ds was a series setup instead of parallel then without a doubt I'd go with that option.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have, and do enjoy, the NC series - but it needs about 1ohm coils to tolerate it.. <shrug> The ds-style can go about 2 days on about 0.24ohm, the way I vape - likely a full day of chainvape.

I dunno "Everzone" - still seems a little dear for injection-molded plastic and VV.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I found a SXK boxer 200 on everzon for less than 50 bucks. Not a clone either, the real thing. At least that's what the sight is saying. And did some research on the reviews of the site and most all of them say that it's pretty legit. I looked at the engraved ds squonker from 3fvape and have been seriously considering it. But I want something regulated. Now if the ds was a series setup instead of parallel then without a doubt I'd go with that option.
SXK is a cloner company. I'm supposed to be picking up one of those SXK regulated boxers and having a 250C dropped into it. Too large imo for out and about carry but for around the house it should be interesting.

So fast forward. I got that boxer mod clone last October and loved it. Well in about April or May of this year, one day without warning, the screen stopped working. The mod still functioned and fired normal, but the screen when lit was just solid white. So I had no idea of knowing what anything was if I ever accidently hit any buttons. Well about 2 wks ago, out of nowhere it just completely stopped working..I've done everything I can do to fix it. No luck though.. And despite that, I'm thinking about getting another one just bc I liked the mod so much. They're available now for under 30 bucks from a few different places. Has anyone else had any bad experiences with this mod?

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
anyone else had any bad experiences with this mod?
Yup. My first decided to randomly turn on the screen, or not - firing was totally by "taste", last week. Well, I had already replaced the 510 with a varitube squonker.

Tonight I started to replace the PCB with a small PWM board.. I was running into issues with my tact-switch being "too tall", and noticed I can likely resolve that in the AM - so it's about 50% changed over tonight.

(The replacement SXK Boxer clone was due today - but even though I don't need a signature or owe money, USPS decided I wasn't home and thus couldn't "deliver".. Hopefully that unit arrives monday)

VU Sponsors