Become a Patron!

Which is the best tobacco flavor

Asif Majeed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Which is the best tobacco flavor by tfa?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Asif, I'm totally not trying to be mean here, but do you read anything in this forum other than your own threads?? You open a bunch of threads every week "what's the best this...??" "what's the best that..?". I understand that you don't live in the US and that ordering is really expensive for you, but there are hundreds of threads discussing flavors all over these forums. That should be plenty of information (including recipes..with feedback on those recipes) for you to base an order on. What I like may not be remotely what you are looking for. You can't base your order on what I tell you to buy. Look through the discussions, read what people like and why they like it. Maybe ask questions within those threads since those are the people who are most interested in whatever flavor topic it is. The search button is your friend. And even though you are new, I guarantee you that any question that you come up with has been asked and answered before multiple times here on VU. Like I just said in another thread, "tell me everything I want to know..." threads won't get you anywhere. If you aren't willing to do at least some of your own research...you won't get anywhere. Again, no offense meant, just trying to point you in the right direction.

anavidfan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Its kinda hard to find out the best of something like a flavor.

Best ingredients, best method, best sweet tobacco, best naturally extracted tobacco, best artificial tobacco.

I like my tobaccos naturally extracted, dry, smelly not sweet. The ones I like would probably taste like something digested by a goat to most people, but thats what I like. I started out with synthetic tobacco flavored liquids, then moved on to "NET" found those to be to flavored, mostly maple, with hardly a tobacco taste.

So look around, see what your needs are. Do you want coil friendly tobacco "taste" ? or do you want true leafy/ grassy taste that will mean that you need to change out the wicks at least daily and dry burn your coil.

Give us a little and maybe we can steer you into a more productive direction.

The "best" can mean so many things to so many people.

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Asif, I'm totally not trying to be mean here, but do you read anything in this forum other than your own threads?? You open a bunch of threads every week "what's the best this...??" "what's the best that..?". I understand that you don't live in the US and that ordering is really expensive for you, but there are hundreds of threads discussing flavors all over these forums. That should be plenty of information (including recipes..with feedback on those recipes) for you to base an order on. What I like may not be remotely what you are looking for. You can't base your order on what I tell you to buy. Look through the discussions, read what people like and why they like it. Maybe ask questions within those threads since those are the people who are most interested in whatever flavor topic it is. The search button is your friend. And even though you are new, I guarantee you that any question that you come up with has been asked and answered before multiple times here on VU. Like I just said in another thread, "tell me everything I want to know..." threads won't get you anywhere. If you aren't willing to do at least some of your own research...you won't get anywhere. Again, no offense meant, just trying to point you in the right direction.
Please @Asif Majeed , take no offense what @soulshine said (I agree with that too), I just want to share my thought, around a year ago I was like you (fairly still new;)) bought couples of flavors and didn't know any %age combination of that so contacted my FRIEND GOOGLE.COM and landed here at VU. Started reading , reading and reading then got some idea and now at least I know some of the basic stuff. But if I have any question will never hesitated to ask. Oh one more important tip!!! I always appreciate everyone who share their thought/work/ideas or any thing to our VU community( by clicking on 'LIKE' button on right handside:D). What that means is? To appreciate/thank them for their time/work.

Thank you,

anavidfan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I just noticed you mentioned which one by TFA.

Ive tried almost all of them and found them to be OK to kinda bad.

Now many, many like them a lot. Check out the TFA threads, dont know if there are many posting regarding the tobacco.

Try posting something like :

Hi, im interested in trying out some TFA tobaccos, anyone have experience with them? Can you share your input and thoughts on them good or bad and why?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reading this thread reminds me of a post I started on that other shit ass hole in the wall forum but the difference was I asked for Real Life Actual Personal Experiences with Tobacco Percentages. I received a bunch of well they recommend this and that and Google says this. My response was THANKS but I wanted your own personal experiences and not what this one or that one does.

The OP did ask specifically which TFA flavors so I think you guys were a little hard on a newbie. If he really is a newbie?

Disclaimer: Just my personal opinion and not a personal attack on anyone.

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have only used 2 from Liquid Barn myself and Tobacco may be slowly sliding off my every morning vape selection as in 4 days I will have myself some desert flavors for DIY. Although I say that now could change but took forever to find something other than a Tobacco I actually enjoyed.

Last edited:

anavidfan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Reading this thread reminds me of a post I started on that other shit ass hole in the wall forum but the difference was I asked for Real Life Actual Personal Experiences with Tobacco Percentages. I received a bunch of well they recommend this and that and Google says this. My response was THANKS but I wanted you own personal experiences and not what this one or that one does.

The OP did ask specifically which TFA flavors so I think you guys were a little hard on a newbie. If he really is a newbie?

Disclaimer: Just my personal opinion and not a personal attack on anyone.

I know, you are kinda right. I do feel kinda :poop:.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just reminded me of the other forum where I asked specifically for person real life experiences not Googled or manufacturers recommendations. Please got pissed when I said Thanks but that was not what I was searching for.

Is it really that hard to hold back if you have not done it yourself?

Asif Majeed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor

Hi
i do read other forum. i have been here for few month and i like posting here vapingunderground is like family to me and people dont google in family they talk to each other. and if people dont ask question how other people are going to google it.i am new to DIY and i cant try all the flavors thats why i am searching and asking alot before ordering big order from TFA.
and if there are more people like you who dont like my post please let me know in this thread i will stop posting here.

thank you for ur suggestion i will keep that in mind.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Try TFA ry4 double at 1.5% and add a FA shade for more tobacco flavor without added flavor. Makes a decent tobacco.

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi
i do read other forum. i have been here for few month and i like posting here vapingunderground is like family to me and people dont google in family they talk to each other. and if people dont ask question how other people are going to google it.i am new to DIY and i cant try all the flavors thats why i am searching and asking alot before ordering big order from TFA.
and if there are more people like you who dont like my post please let me know in this thread i will stop posting here.

Hi

WHO SAID YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO ASK QUESTIONS? Please don't take me wrong please

I was referring Google as my side of story how I found VU and how I came to know how different flavors works alone or in combination with others (Please re-read my post)? me and @soulshine was trying to encourage you to read a lot so that you will know many new informations. I hate to say VU is not the only source to read, IF you don't find answer to your question here, there are a lot of informations out there too.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
849a323f20787aed9b5124cce7cd0901fc774658

But sometimes you would rather have a personal opinion where you can ask a direct question with ease.

Lodvig

Member For 4 Years
Anyone find any decent shake and vape tobacco flavors..seems like the ones I've mixed don't really get tasty til the second week or so and even then the only one with a real tobacco vibe for me is the desert ship. Have FA ry4, TFA ry4double, FA desert ship and Inawera black cherry. Plan on ordering a flue cured next.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Liquid Barn is basically shake and vape but I blend with the mixer and speed steep with heat. 3 to 4 hours ready to vape and doesn't change over time. NO oxidation takes place and no color change with my procedure. I use the Tobacco and the Sweet Pipe Tobacco at present.

Good luck and hope you find what you seek!

Last edited:

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Anyone find any decent shake and vape tobacco flavors..seems like the ones I've mixed don't really get tasty til the second week or so and even then the only one with a real tobacco vibe for me is the desert ship. Have FA ry4, TFA ry4double, FA desert ship and Inawera black cherry. Plan on ordering a flue cured next.

FE Parlor or VZ-SC Parliament 2%, only needs overnight for me, 70/30VG tho.
Also adding 2% INW TA Virginia + 1% INW DNB.
BTW the VZ-SC Virginia Flue Cured was also the same way.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Liquid Barn has a Graham Cracker and a Vanilla Tobacco I think I should have ordered! Taste testing at the Vape Shop makes the Face Palm or head slap moments.

BigKrash

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Liquid Barn is basically shake and vape but I blend with the mixer and speed steep with heat. 3 to 4 hours ready to vape and doesn't change over time. NO oxidation takes place and no color change with my procedure. I use the Tobacco and the Sweet Pipe Tobacco at present.

Good luck and hope you find what you seek!

Can you explain your heat method? LB's flavorings are pretty much shake and vape for me as well, But. I have been ordering from Wizard Labs because of the larger size bottles of flavoring. I just ordered 22 more bottles of flavorings Wednesday because....Well.....BECAUSE there are just so many damn flavors of juices I HAVE to keep making lol

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Can you explain your heat method? LB's flavorings are pretty much shake and vape for me as well, But. I have been ordering from Wizard Labs because of the larger size bottles of flavoring. I just ordered 22 more bottles of flavorings Wednesday because....Well.....BECAUSE there are just so many damn flavors of juices I HAVE to keep making lol

Sure I will be glad to explain. After mixing and pouring into a glass bottle I simply use hot tap water just below 150 degrees for up to an hour. Once the mixture clears after heating then I let it cool naturally to room temperature. It does require refilling depending on the size container used.

BigKrash

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sure I will be glad to explain. After mixing and pouring into a glass bottle I simply use hot tap water just below 150 degrees for up to an hour. Once the mixture clears after heating then I let it cool naturally to room temperature. It does require refilling depending on the size container used.

Awesome. Thanks! I will give this a whirl when the new flavorings get here Monday.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Awesome. Thanks! I will give this a whirl when the new flavorings get here Monday.

Anytime buddy feel free to ask any questions you like and if I have the answer I will be glad to share and if not I might be able to point you to somewhere or someone who can.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
2% FA. shade
.25% FA. Seven leaves
1% FA. Dark vapor
1% FA. Caramel
Very good tobacco

jambi

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Oh lighten up already. That shit you're suggesting is labor intensive, especially if English isn't your native language, as I suspect might be the case here. Maybe he doesn't have hundreds of hours to search through thousands of threads.

Seems a bit strange too, that you're following him around critiquing what he posts.

Anyway, your reply could be cut and pasted into 70% of new threads posted today or any other. Yeah, you're technically correct, but do you really want to go around proving that at the expense of coming off like a twat? The dude asked a pretty straightforward question, yeah it's been asked before, and it'll no doubt be asked again. What's the harm? Maybe some new perspectives will pop up that we haven't seen yet, eh?

And yeah, I'm totally not trying to be mean here either...

Re: the question. TFA hasn't impressed me much with their tobaccos, though I've had worse (CAP). I don't care for their Western at all, it's too synthetic. Their Mild Black is workable, but to me it's more bourbon-esque than it needs to be. It plays well with SC Cohiba, but I think SC's Black and Mild is vastly better than any mix for TFA Mild Black (or any other Black and Mild I've tried) I could come up with, so why bother?

But their RY 4s (both) are decent, at least as starting points. The regular has too much of that "TFA synthetic tobacco" ness for me to like, but I mix 20 mls a week for a friend who loves it. The RY4 Double is to me rather lacking in the tobacco element (probably for the best, considering this is TFA), but that's easily fixed with a little HS Highway (or a variety of others). Anyway, it's better than FA or SC RY4, and I think the TFA caramel is better than whatever Hangsen uses in their RY4, though it's a great RY4 as well. It's the caramel in that RY4 double that keeps me coming back.TFA's caramel is the best of any I've tried (and I've tried too many).

Sorry for acting like an ass. I just think people should be able to ask whatever they want without being chastised. :)

Last edited:

jambi

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Liquid Barn has a Graham Cracker and a Vanilla Tobacco I think I should have ordered! Taste testing at the Vape Shop makes the Face Palm or head slap moments.
I told you to order that Vanilla Graham tobacco. Fail!

jambi

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
When did you tell me that?

Twas long ago, long before you joined here and made 3000 posts in under a month. :) Not surprised you forgot, and after I went through all that trouble to dig out my LB tobaccos and test them for you.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I got pissed at ECF and basically stopped posting over there.

jambi

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah I know. I remember them tearing into you in that thread about the LB tobaccos, which is where I told you to buy the graham vanilla whatever it's called!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah and that Danny asshole told me he ignored me and same with the other fool and both respond to a thread every time I post. But I ignore them so it looks to them like I actually ignored them. That Danny asshole also tried to make nice with me but I just ignored it. He thinks he is god gift to DIY. Bad mouths LB always saying they sell you stuff you will never use. Yeah the mixing mat!

jambi

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah and that Danny asshole told me he ignored me and same with the other fool and both respond to a thread every time I post. But I ignore them so it looks to them like I actually ignored them. That Danny asshole also tried to make nice with me but I just ignored it. He thinks he is god gift to DIY. Bad mouths LB always saying they sell you stuff you will never use. Yeah the mixing mat!
Actually, he pretty much is god's gift, which makes it all the more shameful when he acts like a prick.

Personally, I like the mixing mat. :)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You know the old saying about the guy who says he knows everything right?

:deadhorse:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have actually never used the mat! Print recipes off the PC and mark them up on the page if I tweak them. When I make a major change I update the recipe file.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I had a leftover piece of PVC panel perfect size for top of washing machine that gives me a clean white counter top right next to the slop sink for washing cylinders, beakers and syringes.

jambi

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So Steve, what is the best tobacco flavor from Liquid Barn? I'm going with the Graham tobacco.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I only have the Tobacco and the Sweet Pipe I never ordered any others and I do mix them often. 1/2 and 1/2 in the tank. I say I am slowing moving away from Tobaccos but when I get tired of flavors i always return to it. Maybe I will experiment with some additional flavors next time.

OldMadScientist

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

The "super concentrated" tobacco flavors from VapingZone or Bull City have all been shake and vape for me. My favorites are Cohiba, Max Blend and French Pipe.

ECX French pipe is also shake and vape and another favorite.

The Hangsen all seem to take a long time to develop their full flavor and I've given up on using them.

compclouds

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
if people dont ask question how other people are going to google it.
He is absolutely right. I myself am doing research for my first order, and stumbled on this thread. I added FA Shade due to @wally's comment. How people say things has a tremendous effect. From the way other people said things in this thread nothing really jumped out for me to get in my first order, but I may read it again in the future and see something else I need to try. In fact, if the OP had worded this differently, it could have ended up as a master TFA tobacco thread. People should feel free to ask questions, even if their english isn't the best, and the question has been asked a million times. Unless it's in the FAQ, and then when people google they'll still sometimes wind up in a thread telling someone to RTM when they could have simply told them the answer and RTM.

Its kinda hard to find out the best of something like a flavor.

Best ingredients, best method, best sweet tobacco, best naturally extracted tobacco, best artificial tobacco.

I like my tobaccos naturally extracted, dry, smelly not sweet. The ones I like would probably taste like something digested by a goat to most people, but thats what I like. I started out with synthetic tobacco flavored liquids, then moved on to "NET" found those to be to flavored, mostly maple, with hardly a tobacco taste.

So look around, see what your needs are. Do you want coil friendly tobacco "taste" ? or do you want true leafy/ grassy taste that will mean that you need to change out the wicks at least daily and dry burn your coil.

Give us a little and maybe we can steer you into a more productive direction.

The "best" can mean so many things to so many people.
Hi Anavidfan, i think i knowbyou from ecf, am i right, my name was Shawnki on there.
I am searching for old vendors who make tobaccos that may still be around such as BWB, Vermillion river, HHV , alot have closed down... but i still am looking for some old skool baccos..

anavidfan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hi Shawnski.

I have never tried most of the tobaccos listed there. I did , in my early days try Vermillion River and then HHV, but as my tastes changed, I sought less "flavored" tobaccos. I also loved The Plume Room. But like I said, my tastes changed, and I craved the less sweet. I wanted TOBACCO.

Not to say that the others are not good, but like everyone says, its very subjective.

My favorite all around one stop place for tobacco is Naturally Extracted Tobacco. com. You want stinky, smelly gross tar like , they got it. You want flavored, they got it. Great customer service and consistently great NET.

After finally giving DIY NET I can appreciate the cost of NET. Unlike other flavors which are basically PG/VG with flavors, NET is real work and I mean work. ITs messy, its a test of patience but its so wonderful when you finally finish filtering the gunk and you end up with 250ml of pure extract.

anavidfan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I am from the old skool 510 bridgeless dripping, still do and love baccos....
I love my extracted to..
I have a liking for the the straight stink extract of pipe and cigar.....

Ive tried a few tobaccos and so far my favorite are the cigars. Never would of thought that the cigars, at least the ones Ive tried so far, would be so smooth. My favorite so far are H. Upmanns and Acid Blondie.

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I haven't really like any tobaccos from TFA> RY4 double is ok, at best... but definitely nothing I go nuts over. I am very picky though, especially with tobaccos. TFA use to have a tobacco absolute that was decent but the steep time was like a month.

VU Sponsors