Become a Patron!

Which nicotine level is best for RDAs

Asif Majeed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Which nicotine level is best for RDAs i have heard that u cant smoke 12 mg ejuice in rda. I like to use my rda on 40 watts with single clapton coil can i use 12 mg ejuice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
From what I've read around here I'd say no, but 6mg might be OK.

Asif Majeed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
:(

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
The best nic level is what you like and what your body responds too --- there are no rules.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've seen 50 mg lung hitters. It depends on the person. I vape 3 mg though.

Asif Majeed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I was craving for nicotine for pass few days so today i order 10 ml of banana nut bread and i selected 12 mg nicotine level

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I was craving for nicotine for pass few days so today i order 10 ml of banana nut bread and i selected 12 mg nicotine level

As long as you don't OD, vape whatever level you want :)

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

You can always just try some to find out.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Can i mix little vg in it to lower nicotine level?

Yes but you will most likely lose flavor. Can you get a 0 nic of the same flavor so you can adjust however you feel you need it?

Asif Majeed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yes but you will most likely lose flavor. Can you get a 0 nic of the same flavor so you can adjust however you feel you need it?

It will be 4 dollars plus 2.5 dollars shipping

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
It will be 4 dollars plus 2.5 dollars shipping

That's why I DIY - I can change my juice to suit my needs at the drop of a hat for cheap.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Which nicotine level is best for RDAs i have heard that u cant smoke 12 mg ejuice in rda. I like to use my rda on 40 watts with single clapton coil can i use 12 mg ejuice

Well, first off, you don't smoke anything in an atomizer, you vape it. If you get smoke, you're doing it wrong.

Secondly... it's irrelevant to post some abstract figure, because everyone is different. The question should be, what nic level in an RDA is right FOR ME? Could be anything from 1 to 50mg -- I knew someone over at ECF who vaped 50mg in an RDA. (BeckDG)

Don't concern yourself with what is right for other people -- worry only about what is right FOR YOU, because that's the only level that matters. I went from an RTA (Kayfun) to an RDA (Achilles) last year, and dropped only 1mg, and I only did that because the RDA had a better throat hit. If you find yourself twitchy, nervous, nauseous, or headachy after going to an RDA, then the level is too high and should be lowered... but don't get crazy; drop it 1 or 2mg and see how that does.

Andria

Asif Majeed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
That's why I DIY - I can change my juice to suit my needs at the drop of a hat for cheap.

Ohh i need some help with adding nicotine
Because when ever i mix nicotine in my juices it become harsh
The same nicotine my friend use but his juices are not harsh

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Like nic level, mixing your own takes practice and it comes down to a level of what you like, not what others like.

Maybe your friend could help you mix a batch so its smooth and not harsh.

Asif Majeed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Like nic level, mixing your own takes practice and it comes down to a level of what you like, not what others like.

Maybe your friend could help you mix a batch so its smooth and not harsh.

He wont he is so called friend and smart seller. He wont teach me

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
He wont he is so called friend and smart seller. He wont teach me

Gotcha. I know the type :) I'd just vape what you get and not worry about the level unless you don't like it.

Asif Majeed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Well, first off, you don't smoke anything in an atomizer, you vape it. If you get smoke, you're doing it wrong.

Secondly... it's irrelevant to post some abstract figure, because everyone is different. The question should be, what nic level in an RDA is right FOR ME? Could be anything from 1 to 50mg -- I knew someone over at ECF who vaped 50mg in an RDA. (BeckDG)

Don't concern yourself with what is right for other people -- worry only about what is right FOR YOU, because that's the only level that matters. I went from an RTA (Kayfun) to an RDA (Achilles) last year, and dropped only 1mg, and I only did that because the RDA had a better throat hit. If you find yourself twitchy, nervous, nauseous, or headachy after going to an RDA, then the level is too high and should be lowered... but don't get crazy; drop it 1 or 2mg and see how that does.

Andria

Thank you for pointing out my mistake its 1.31 am here that might be the case

Asif Majeed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Gotcha. I know the type :) I'd just vape what you get and not worry about the level unless you don't like it.

So how should i start with

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Thank you for pointing out my mistake its 1.31 am here that might be the case

I sometimes mistakenly refer to vaping as smoking also. It's a long habit because I smoked cigarettes for 37 years.

Asif Majeed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I sometimes mistakenly refer to vaping as smoking also. It's a long habit because I smoked cigarettes for 37 years.

But few people took its seriously

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You really need to start with a calculator and enter the percentage of your nicotine in it before you are vaping 50MG without knowing it. I have vaped 18MG in my Nautilus when I wanted a kick in the ass and it sure as hell was a good kick in the ass! But my normal is 3MG with my DIY.

Asif Majeed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
You really need to start with a calculator and enter the percentage of your nicotine in it before you are vaping 50MG without knowing it. I have vaped 18MG in my Nautilus when I wanted a kick in the ass and it sure as hell was a good kick in the ass! But my normal is 3MG with my DIY.

12 mg not 50 sir

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

12 mg not 50 sir

I suggested you use a calculator and warned you if you did not properly calculate the additional nicotine you will wind up vaping 50MG. Read what I wrote it says USE A CALCULATOR or without knowing you will be vaping 50MG.

Good Luck

I am done trying to offer assistance

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It depends on your build and the volume of vapor it can produce. 6mg was giving me a headache/dizziness last year on my old Goliath, dual coil 24g @ .5 ohms. Even 3mg was making me light headed (chain vaping), so I tried 1.5mg and ended up liking the pace of 2mg with so much vapor.

I could have gotten used to higher nic levels but see no point in murdering my nic tolerance! Currently happy with open AFC on a Velocity RDA, dual 24-26g coils @ .4-.5 ohms, 60-80 watts, 1.5-2mg nic. Flavoring and VG are my biggest expenses.

PatheticMr.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just read through the thread and comments and had a few thoughts:

1. To answer your initial question - 12mg is fine to vape through an RDA at 40 watts. I see some have advised it's down to personal taste (and they are absolutely right), but I think you may be asking if it's safe? It is safe. You will find the vape is harsher than normal with a lot of throat hit. 12mg would be far too much for me but you might like it. I advise maybe vaping less than usual - perhaps at lower wattage at that strength if you're not used to it. If you get light headed or nausea, stop vaping and drink a cup of tea with loads of sugar. Dizziness and nausea is about the worst you are likely to suffer - if you suffer at all. So yeah, it's safe and it's down to personal taste and your tolerance to nicotine.

2. If your own DIY juice is harsh, you may need to use better quality nicotine, less flavour, different flavours, higher VG/lower PG. There are loads of variables - which is why we all spend so much time discussing it on the Internet. There is a lot involved in making decent quality/tasting eliquid. It's a lot of fun. There is a lot of info online and I advise you to read as much as possible. As SteveS45 said, use a calculator - especially if you don't have much experience - by that I mean if you have made less than 50 mixes. By that point you will have realised the importance of using a calculator anyway. If you google "e liquid calculator", any of the first 3 that come up work well.

3. Finally, your 'friend' sounds like a selfish prick. Sorry to say that, it's probably out of line to say it, but if any of my friends wanted to learn to make e liquid I'd teach them everything I know. I give juices away regularly to friends - have never charged a penny and wouldn't dream of it. It's one thing to hold back a special recipe, it's another to refuse to tell someone the very basics. I bet his mixes ain't that good anyway. Luckily, VU is a great place with loads of decent people who are happy to help - and loads of kickass recipes posted by generous and extremely creative people. Just take the advise in, return it when you feel able and have fun :)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have bellus tank
And
dark horse rda

I don't know much about the Bellus, but I believe it's one of the newfangled sub-ohm tanks? It's new anyway, so it no doubt produces a great deal of vapor... in which case, there won't be much difference between it and the RDA -- just as there was little difference between a Kayfun and an Achilles; the Achilles just had better throat hit (what some people call "harshness", but i call "required").

Try the same juice you're used to in the Bellus, in the RDA. If the TH is too intense, you could either a) lower the power, or b) lower the nic a little. But if you're still using 12mg, you probably need a certain amount, which is why I said don't get crazy and reduce it too much -- try 9mg, if the 12mg has too much TH in an RDA -- or use less wattage. It's really not that complicated. Nobody says you MUST use 40w.

Andria

Asif Majeed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
7b35285c69c66d9f25d1235d4ab113b3.jpg

12 mg banana nut bread is here

Asif Majeed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Very harsh i am drippinh 2 drop of banana nut bread and 5 drop of banana cream zero nicotine

PatheticMr.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Very harsh i am drippinh 2 drop of banana nut bread and 5 drop of banana cream zero nicotine

Try mixing a small amount together at that ratio if you like the flavour and give it a good shake. Getting them properly mixed together should mellow it out. I reckon if you are just dripping into an RDA it won't be very consistent. Just a thought.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Or, reduce the power. I always vaped my Kayfuns with 10mg, at 10 or 10.5 watts; with the Achilles, I dropped to 9mg, at 9w. Not a big difference, but it made the TH a little softer, reducing both the nic and the power just a little.

Andria

Asif Majeed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Or, reduce the power. I always vaped my Kayfuns with 10mg, at 10 or 10.5 watts; with the Achilles, I dropped to 9mg, at 9w. Not a big difference, but it made the TH a little softer, reducing both the nic and the power just a little.

Andria

I like to vape with heavy cloud

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I like to vape with heavy cloud

Well you just have to figure which is more important to you, what you inhale or what you exhale. You could still get a heavy cloud if you used more VG -- what you could do is dilute the 12mg with some VG, which would soften the TH and give you a good cloud.

Andria

PatheticMr.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well you just have to figure which is more important to you, what you inhale or what you exhale. You could still get a heavy cloud if you used more VG -- what you could do is dilute the 12mg with some VG, which would soften the TH and give you a good cloud.

Andria
Yup, like most things in life - vaping comes with a number of built in trade offs.

VU Sponsors