Become a Patron!

Which refill bottles do you like?

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Those that use them which do you prefer. SO far I've only tried the one that comes with the Hugo Squeezer and the Pulse 80W. Of the two I prefer the squeezer refill bottle.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I have: the one from ModMaker
the Boxer
Lost Vape
Fast Tech - I prefer the generics from FastTech - the work well whether the squonker has a relief hole or not

I have found the squishy refill bottles are a little more difficult with squonkers that don't have the collar to open the hole for the air to escape

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Of the two I prefer the squeezer refill bottle.
Yeah, that one worked so well for me that I ordered the Vandy Vape version - 30ml? 60? whatever..

It's a thicker silicone, the screw cap is much nicer. Just thread it on (rightside up), squeeze the air from squonk bottle & hold, invert and squeeze or let the big bottle do it's job. Rinse and repeat if required. Invert, unthread & cap it, turn mod upright and reattach atty. Done.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
/sigh
It's shown with a cover over the 510 threading.
Those threads won’t screw into a 510 with a big cone dropper tip on top. And I only looked at the pics which showed no adapter. Reviews said 510 threads are plastic, so I consider it garbage anyway.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yep, the idea of popping off the RDA doesn't appeal to me at all. It's just too simple to unscrew the bottle, fill then screw back on.

*nods & grins* Some brilliant halfwits created a quick graphic user interface script for using administrator access on a Linux/Unix type of operating system. These guys charged $50 USD for use of their program.

Gksudo which is exactly what their program resembled in function, ships installed on most Linux/Unix operating system distributions, takes maybe two minutes reading some basic distribution's documentation to learn that & use of gksudo/sudo/su. I never paid no fifty bucks to use gksudo or sudo, su. Why would I want to when it's already there freely available and free to use?

*shaking my head*
Kind of reminded me of P.T. Barnum setting up a sign "See sortie! $0.25" over the tent flap that was the exit. If he showed in France he used the word ausgang instead, or maybe sgaoileadh. I digress though because I believe everyone ought to be free believe what they will saving it harm not any. If following a trend suits ye, welcome to it. Some of us like this old fool are alright with function over whimsy. :)

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
*nods & grins* Some brilliant halfwits created a quick graphic user interface script for using administrator access on a Linux/Unix type of operating system. These guys charged $50 USD for use of their program.

Gksudo which is exactly what their program resembled in function, ships installed on most Linux/Unix operating system distributions, takes maybe two minutes reading some basic distribution's documentation to learn that & use of gksudo/sudo/su. I never paid no fifty bucks to use gksudo or sudo, su. Why would I want to when it's already there freely available and free to use?

*shaking my head*
Kind of reminded me of P.T. Barnum setting up a sign "See sortie! $0.25" over the tent flap that was the exit. If he showed in France he used the word ausgang instead, or maybe sgaoileadh. I digress though because I believe everyone ought to be free believe what they will saving it harm not any. If following a trend suits ye, welcome to it. Some of us like this old fool are alright with function over whimsy. :)
Careful for I am a Linux/Unix geek ;)

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Careful for I am a Linux/Unix geek ;)

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

LOL I recall that, and then note too you do understand where I'm coming from. "Oh let us go reinvent the wheel because it works so well." Ha! Only giggles. ;) :p :)

I was trying to express that without irony and or sarcasm, or seemingly debasing anyone. Kind of one of those bits you cannot seem to find capacity to do, least case not me & I'm a literal genius in the literal sense. *sighs*

Code:
$info Life

$ no such info see man Life

$man Life

$ Life

Snafu, snafu

press (q) to Quit

$q

"Well, piss!"

Last edited:

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep, the idea of popping off the RDA doesn't appeal to me at all. It's just too simple to unscrew the bottle, fill then screw back on.
I felt the same way until I actually got 2 new pulse 80w's with refill bottles. Now I want a bunch more refill bottles. If I refill a bottle I end up needing paper towel for the cap/tube to lay on while refilling the bottle. With a refill bottle I still need it for the RDA while refilling. The main difference is I can refill it faster and there is 0 chance I might knock over the uncapped bottle while refilling it.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I felt the same way until I actually got 2 new pulse 80w's with refill bottles. Now I want a bunch more refill bottles. If I refill a bottle I end up needing paper towel for the cap/tube to lay on while refilling the bottle. With a refill bottle I still need it for the RDA while refilling. The main difference is I can refill it faster and there is 0 chance I might knock over the uncapped bottle while refilling it.
Yeah, I call bullshit on not using one being easier. I refill my pulse while driving. Don’t even have to look at it and don’t make any kind of mess. Good luck doing that without a refill bottle.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, I call bullshit on not using one being easier. I refill my pulse while driving. Don’t even have to look at it and don’t make any kind of mess. Good luck doing that without a refill bottle.

<subjective opinion or light rant>This is why you refill the bottle in the mod before you go out. It doesn't take long at all to do and if someone as clumsy as me can manage doing it without making a mess, anyone can. I use a 250 ml transfer bottle. Got a liter of juice in a bigger jug. Got a plastic pour nipple for the 250 ml bottle. It does just fine to fill a 6 ml or 10 ml bottle that fits back into the mods I use. I usually do refilling when I see the mod's bottle is down to around 1 ml to .5 ml. Some folks do refills when they swap fresh batteries, reckon that works out well too. I swap batteries more than needing to refill but well, I'm a fairly moderate vaper like i was a moderate smoker.

You don't need to do anything regarding vaping in any manner you don't want. No one coerces anyone to do so. Each one of us finds what works for ourselves. There's not a lot of originality involved in vaping yet we each find our own originality. There's always more than one way to do anything. Hope it doesn't seem I'm saying your way is wrong. I'm not. I'm saying though for some it might seem an extra cost to buy trending refill bottles when just a few minutes of thinking ahead can avoid a need of something trendy. I'd rather use the extra money to buy more juice, wire, or maybe even toss a few bucks to something like Shriners. </subjective opinion or light rant>

Tall Pines

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use these wotofo easy fill squonk caps. They fit on the bottle of juice without having to remove the dripper top. To me taking the bottle out of the mod is a thing of the past. If I use juice that comes in a glass bottle with a eye dripper. Then I put the juice in an old empty 100ml bottle or use a refill silicone bottle.
20180817_193310.jpg

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
<subjective opinion or light rant>This is why you refill the bottle in the mod before you go out. It doesn't take long at all to do and if someone as clumsy as me can manage doing it without making a mess, anyone can. I use a 250 ml transfer bottle. Got a liter of juice in a bigger jug. Got a plastic pour nipple for the 250 ml bottle. It does just fine to fill a 6 ml or 10 ml bottle that fits back into the mods I use. I usually do refilling when I see the mod's bottle is down to around 1 ml to .5 ml. Some folks do refills when they swap fresh batteries, reckon that works out well too. I swap batteries more than needing to refill but well, I'm a fairly moderate vaper like i was a moderate smoker.

You don't need to do anything regarding vaping in any manner you don't want. No one coerces anyone to do so. Each one of us finds what works for ourselves. There's not a lot of originality involved in vaping yet we each find our own originality. There's always more than one way to do anything. Hope it doesn't seem I'm saying your way is wrong. I'm not. I'm saying though for some it might seem an extra cost to buy trending refill bottles when just a few minutes of thinking ahead can avoid a need of something trendy. I'd rather use the extra money to buy more juice, wire, or maybe even toss a few bucks to something like Shriners. </subjective opinion or light rant>
You assume too much. I use a refill bottle not because it’s trendy, but because I currently drive a semi for hours at a time with no break. 8ml’s doesn’t last long enough and refilling without a refill bottle would be suicide. Trendy.... whatever.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You assume too much.

If so, my apologies for that.

I use a refill bottle not because it’s trendy, but because I currently drive a semi for hours at a time with no break.

Well, I know Federal laws changed some while back. Drivers are supposed to follow the 8 hrs driving, 8 hrs not driving schedule, 8 on to 8 off. I also know too a lot of drivers keep at the minimum two log books, one for the law and one private, some even opt to have a third log. My stepfather used to do long haul driving and one of his three log books got bought by his employing fleet. They wanted the bodies buried so to speak. Payment was arranged as a bonus over a few normal paychecks.

8ml’s doesn’t last long enough and refilling without a refill bottle would be suicide.

I can understand that despite not driving at all myself. Can recall stories the stepdad told. He once took out a few bridge pylons to avoid ramming a busload of kids in TX, lost his teeth over that and was slung up in his ribs for a few months. Steering wheels he said always seem to bust a few ribs.

Trendy.... whatever.

Yes indeed, I tossed out a blanket statement. There's many folks that it applies as being only trendy. Probably as many or more that it doesn't. I don't know all cases and shouldn't speak to all. I was not trying to, yet realize how it reads. For that I do apologize.

Nobody ought to cast aspersions based upon blanket statements. Generalizing often bites everyone in the ass. Again, I do apologize.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Electronic logs have changed the trucking industry. Almost all the shady crap is gone.
Even not considering driving, I really like the no mess convenience of a refill bottle. I started using a squonker before I knew about refill bottles and refilling it pissed me off. Found out about and immediately bought a refill bottle. Now I love everything about my setup instead of almost everything. I think they’re the perfect complimentary piece to a squonk mod.

VU Sponsors