Become a Patron!

Which Regulated Box Mod should I purchase?

Which Box Mod Should I Purchase?

• Total voters
Hi, I've been relatively new to the vaping scene. My girlfriend had bought me a chi-you/ Nimbus RDA combo a few months back, but I've been looking into box mods. I've been watching a lot of RIP Tripper videos and was wondering whether I should get the "Cana Modz" 30 way device for $70 bucks or the "iPV2" 50 watt device for about $110. Rip had listed a handful of cons for the iPV2 but nothing really said about the Cana Modz. Does anyone with either device have any useful input to sway my decision?

**just a random beginner question: If box mods are "regulated" at cetain wattage/ voltage. What kind of wattage/ voltage does mech mods put out?**

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You may also want to put the Sigelei 50 watt box mod into the mix.

Damwow

Vapor's Dream
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I bought the hana clone by Clouper and love love it! Don't know why I need one that goes to 30 watts, but I bought it anyway and love it. I thought when I first started vaping, I thought no way would I want a box mod, but I love them! And honestly I still love my MVPS

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just saw the ivp V2 for 89.99 on ebay it is far superior in everyway to the Haha clones the only Hana clone I would consider is the Ana clone it has no crummy soldering no hot glue I use my Haha clone off and on but since getting the ivp V2 its not used near as much

laurie9300

Member For 5 Years
I have both too, and would recommend the IPV over the Chana (i have the cloupor one).

The screen died in my first Chana, and although this one performs well, it has a 2 second delay on first fire after it goes into sleep mode, which is really annoying. It also wakes up (the screen comes on) all by itself, at random times, which is very unnerving, and the wattage setting adjusts itself down every now and then.

My IPV feels cheaper, not so solid, but it's performance has been stellar........YMMV

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
And don't forget the 100 watt units with dual 18650 batteries that are available.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Correct. But when it does come out it's going to force the other mods to drop in price. That's why I'm suggesting the OP wait a month or two.
Agreed I was thinking current duhh I would agree I have yet to pre- order I see some interesting things a coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, I've been trying to look up some information about the "iPV3 100 watt device" and I haven;t been having any luck finding out if the vendors for the preordering of the device is legit. I'm set on the 100watt devices. Does anyone know which website has a legit preorder of the ipv3 i can trust?

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I agree, I've been trying to look up some information about the "iPV3 100 watt device" and I haven;t been having any luck finding out if the vendors for the preordering of the device is legit. I'm set on the 100watt devices. Does anyone know which website has a legit preorder of the ipv3 i can trust?
You know man I hate to give suggestions on this I do not think that P4y is anywhere near ready for their 100w device it will be months they know they have to beat Sigelei's box so the question I would ask myself if I was in your shoes.. How low do you plan on vaping do you plan on Sub-ohming all the time sometimes most of the day I am vaping at 1.5ohm and go from there because at the current time vaping is in this crazy place man we do not know where its going the only plus sides I see to the 100w boxes is the dual 18650's I mean there are others man that already have 80W devces like artisan vapor etc base your decision on need man not the current craze... Even though I myself can get caught up in it now that I am at 50w I am going to sit and watch the war because its senseless for me to move to another device I have dual 18650 DNA's so what would it do for me... (You)?

I emailed
You know man I hate to give suggestions on this I do not think that P4y is anywhere near ready for their 100w device it will be months they know they have to beat Sigelei's box so the question I would ask myself if I was in your shoes.. How low do you plan on vaping do you plan on Sub-ohming all the time sometimes most of the day I am vaping at 1.5ohm and go from there because at the current time vaping is in this crazy place man we do not know where its going the only plus sides I see to the 100w boxes is the dual 18650's I mean there are others man that already have 80W devces like artisan vapor etc base your decision on need man not the current craze... Even though I myself can get caught up in it now that I am at 50w I am going to sit and watch the war because its senseless for me to move to another device I have dual 18650 DNA's so what would it do for me... (You)?

I own a mech mod right now and I'm sub ohming at around 0.3-0.5 ohms. I've been looking for a powerful yet long lasting device in box mods so I'm a little caught up in the 100watt attraction. I do intend on getting either one of the 100 watt devices but I'm leaning towards the iPv3 because I don't necessarily like the sigelei's firing button (unlike everyone else).

I emailed P4Y and they said that they will be sending the ipv3 to eciggity on september 10th. Do you think I willl be able to own the iPv3 within the month of september?

VU Sponsors