Become a Patron!

Which "regulated" mod to buy?? Want it all....

YoMommasPimp

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, I have a siegeli 30w mini, 2-eleaf istick 50w, and and IVP mini 70w. I mainly run a variety of kanger sub tanks but also have a few RBA clones. I have built sevaral different coils for all my atys. I am wanting a new regulated mod that has temp control for using nickel wire but can also be used with kanthal or Gplat.

I was looking at a IVP3 150W or a Siegeli 100w plus or the SMY god 180 but none have temp control. I just saw a video on the Hcigar DNA 40 that seems legit.. However i want more battery life. I want a dual or triple battery mod. I work 12 hour shifts and want my mod to last my drive in, work, drive home, and chilling till i go to bed. My siegeli with a single 18650 2500mah does not last long enough, plus no temp control. My eleaf 50w's with the 4500mah built in batteries last long enough but still no temp control. I would also like to be able to build down to .1 ohm.

Hopefully someone has some input or suggestion. I "will not" buy a mec/unregulated mod mainly because i change juices all the time. Many taste good at higher wattage while others need run at lower wattage. so i like the ability to change as needed

Thanks for the input.

IML8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Might as well wait a few weeks and see if the IPV4 comes out and gets some review feedback. There's a chance it might be worth the wait, but there's also the chance it will get great reviews and quickly sell out again before they jack the price up. It's a tricky call. I've already placed my wager on Yihi's ability to produce a quality temp control chip and that it will ship within a few weeks, but who knows? Only time will tell.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I would wait for people to start receiving and reviewing the ipv4. Dual 18650's, 100w and temp control. Might be a winner.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I would not get the "God" mod as from what I have heard it is made by the Lee brothers.

Badly, Poorly and Cheaply.

Myself, I have been happy for years without a temp controlled mod and I am just not that interested in that particular feature.

Check out the Sigelei 100 or 150 watt mod or wait to see what happens with the IPV4.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, I have a siegeli 30w mini, 2-eleaf istick 50w, and and IVP mini 70w. I mainly run a variety of kanger sub tanks but also have a few RBA clones. I have built sevaral different coils for all my atys. I am wanting a new regulated mod that has temp control for using nickel wire but can also be used with kanthal or Gplat.

I was looking at a IVP3 150W or a Siegeli 100w plus or the SMY god 180 but none have temp control. I just saw a video on the Hcigar DNA 40 that seems legit.. However i want more battery life. I want a dual or triple battery mod. I work 12 hour shifts and want my mod to last my drive in, work, drive home, and chilling till i go to bed. My siegeli with a single 18650 2500mah does not last long enough, plus no temp control. My eleaf 50w's with the 4500mah built in batteries last long enough but still no temp control. I would also like to be able to build down to .1 ohm.

Hopefully someone has some input or suggestion. I "will not" buy a mec/unregulated mod mainly because i change juices all the time. Many taste good at higher wattage while others need run at lower wattage. so i like the ability to change as needed

Thanks for the input.
YiHi SXMINI with the SX350J temp control board.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
^^^gonna second uncle RJ!.. The ipv4 is going to be a rather nicely form factored dual battery 100w temp limiting mod. It should release in a few days. I also suspect sigelei will have something similar coming out soon as well. Its an exciting time to be mod shopping. If you can wait, i would give it a few weeks and see what the early adopters of the ipv4 have to say, or see what sigelei's response to it is. Sigelei seems to have some aesthetically better finished products but both use very similar if not the same boards in their mods.

YoMommasPimp

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for all your advise. The SX Mini looks nice but only uses a single 18650 so lasting 14-16 hours is not likely (just dont wanna carry an extra battery). The vapor flask is a very nice unit but at a cost of $299 is way to much unless it came with a very good warranty of 1 year or longer. So i guess the iPV4 is gonna be my choise or wait to see what sigelei comes out with.

Oberon75

Member For 4 Years
Thanks for all your advise. The SX Mini looks nice but only uses a single 18650 so lasting 14-16 hours is not likely (just dont wanna carry an extra battery). The vapor flask is a very nice unit but at a cost of $299 is way to much unless it came with a very good warranty of 1 year or longer. So i guess the iPV4 is gonna be my choise or wait to see what sigelei comes out with.
I believe Vapor Flask does have a one year warranty along with a free loaner while they fix your mod.

Sent from my HTC One M8 Harman/Kardon edition

VU Sponsors