Become a Patron!

Which setup would you fly with?

rxmilitia

Member For 4 Years
whats up guys,

Been researching the whole flying with vape stuff and I think I understand most of the rules. I’m gonna be spending 8 days in Denver and I’m trying to decide what setup to bring. The fiancé has heavily hinted that I don’t need to bring more than one mod :blech::tantrum:

So I’m deciding between

Subohm tank + spare coils
Regular RDA + cotton & prebuilt coils & tools
Squonk RDA/Mod + cotton & prebuilt coils & tools

What would you take?

I don’t have any rechargeable mods at this time so it’s a toss up between a single 18650 or dual. Regardless I’ll have to bring a charger and spare batteries. Also gonna look into a good case to carry everything in.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
whats up guys,

Been researching the whole flying with vape stuff and I think I understand most of the rules. I’m gonna be spending 8 days in Denver and I’m trying to decide what setup to bring. The fiancé has heavily hinted that I don’t need to bring more than one mod :blech::tantrum:

So I’m deciding between

Subohm tank + spare coils
Regular RDA + cotton & prebuilt coils & tools
Squonk RDA/Mod + cotton & prebuilt coils & tools

What would you take?

I don’t have any rechargeable mods at this time so it’s a toss up between a single 18650 or dual. Regardless I’ll have to bring a charger and spare batteries. Also gonna look into a good case to carry everything in.

Whatever you are most comfortable with using.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This is ultimately the best advice ^^^

With that said - I periodically fly a lot and prefer squonkers hands down

Besides the fact that I am just a squonk head, there are compelling reasons why.

Once you get past TSA (which requires batteries and liquids be separate from the mod btw) - you simply put your mod back together in the bathroom before getting on the plain. It will not leak as would happen if you did that with a tank.

I wait to put the battery back in until the plane lands - but it is then 100% ready to go once you land, no fiddling around once you are in a "safe to vape" space

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This is ultimately the best advice ^^^

With that said - I periodically fly a lot and prefer squonkers hands down

Besides the fact that I am just a squonk head, there are compelling reasons why.

Once you get past TSA (which requires batteries and liquids be separate from the mod btw) - you simply put your mod back together in the bathroom before getting on the plain. It will not leak as would happen if you did that with a tank.

I wait to put the battery back in until the plane lands - but it is then 100% ready to go once you land, no fiddling around once you are in a "safe to vape" space
I do the same with a squonker, but sneak a few vapes on the plane.....:wave:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I do the same with a squonker, but sneak a few vapes on the plane.....:wave:

I haven't had the balls to actually vape on a plane - I must be a wussy

Now airports themselves are fair game - I also like to bring the Von Erl when traveling - a satisfying enough vape but doesn't put out attention-getting cloudage behind bathroom stalls :banana:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I haven't had the balls to actually vape on a plane - I must be a wussy

Now airports themselves are fair game - I also like to bring the Von Erl when traveling - a satisfying enough vape but doesn't put out attention-getting cloudage behind bathroom stalls :banana:
I bring a lil aspire atty on a Spinner II with 12-18mg nic for plane rides....can hide the pen in my hand...hold breath for a couple second, nothing to exhale, except air....:wave:

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Anyone have experience taking a lipo mod onboard? Will TSA confiscate my Innokin CF100tc if I can't remove the batteries?

I like the mod enough that i don't want to forfeit it, and I have no other internal battery devices. I probably have the original box.

Leaving in a week, long, hard trip. No extra time or space. I can pick up a tank locally. Or take along something expendable....

VU Sponsors