Become a Patron!

Which size Kuro Koiler should I get?

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm new to building coils, so I thought I'd buy one of those new Kuro Koilers. The only thing is they come and three sizes and I'm only buying one at the moment.
These are the choices: CW-20 Makes 2.0mm coils, CW-25 Makes 2.5mm coils, CW-30 Makes 3.0mm coils.
As a beginner builder, what size should I start with?
Link to Kuro Koiler: http://www.vapordna.com/mobile/prod...e-Kuro-Koiler-Wire-Coiling-Tool-p/kkw001.htm=

Troy Brown

Member For 4 Years
I ordered the 20. But, Im actually beginning to think that I might have made a mistake in getting the smallest one.
Especially with my overly large stumpy fingers, I don't think it will work.
So if you get one, get the larger one.
If you find it is too large of a coil maker, and should have gotten the smaller version, then we can trade.
:)

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I went with the Tesla Tool. It comes with 3 different size bars so you can switch them out.

Troy Brown

Member For 4 Years
Found it....Thats spify.
Wish I would have found this before getting that Kuro Koiler. But I guess we live and learn.....
Thanks - T

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Found it....Thats spify.
Wish I would have found this before getting that Kuro Koiler. But I guess we live and learn.....
Thanks - T
True that. And you're welcome. Maybe you'll get one in the future. Who knows. :)

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I bought a coil tool from fast tech. I already have the coil jig, but it wastes more wire than I care for.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I actually stuck different size drill bits into a piece of wood , works perfect . Laural , remember i said ask me if you have questions about whats a good buy and where to get it , i would of said get one or all of them below , you could get all three for less than you paid for one.

http://www.fasttech.com/products/3099/10010836/1926001-vaping-coil-winding-jig-tool-for-rebuildable

http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10010025/1878301-vaping-coil-winding-jig-tool-for-rebuildable

http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10010025/1878300-vaping-coil-winding-jig-tool-for-rebuildable

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
WHOA!!!
Those little stick ones look like they would be easy.

That one for two dollars and change is extremely popular and considerably larger in person , you can get a good grip on it or just drill a hole slightly smaller into a piece of wood and insert the tool into that for a better grip . Can't go wrong for under $3.00

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i just use a couple different sized nails and screws..

there is also a tool called a mandrel

http://www.jewelrydisplaysandboxes.com/product.asp?itemid=1692&gclid=CNXVyqeDv8ICFU4V7AodgV0AFg

Never saw that thing , pretty cool , price is right . My take is if your going to end up wrapping the wire around a rod yourself, you might as well use drill bits or small nails like you said , just clip the end of the nail head off .

If you need a tool to make the whole coil for you so you don't have to wrap it yourself then it would be wise to choose a tool to do that and those will cost a little more .

The Kuro coiler does everything for you so it may be worth the few extra bucks.

Last edited:

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
yeps it is.. but i dont use mine often, except for measuring my coils :)

Troy Brown

Member For 4 Years
That one for two dollars and change is extremely popular and considerably larger in person , you can get a good grip on it or just drill a hole slightly smaller into a piece of wood and insert the tool into that for a better grip . Can't go wrong for under $3.00

That just rocks out loud.
I just ordered one....and a few other things that I couldn't resist on...lol
And yeah, I know about their 3 or 4 week shipping issues. But I figured I can use the Kuro until it rolls in. Then I will drill that sucker into a stick and use it instead.
Thanks man - (((High Five)))

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, I just just these:

1228201094147.jpg

Six bucks on Amazon and I can use them as screwdrivers too. Couldn't do RBA's without 'em. :D

Last edited:

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That just rocks out loud.
I just ordered one....and a few other things that I couldn't resist on...lol
And yeah, I know about their 3 or 4 week shipping issues. But I figured I can use the Kuro until it rolls in. Then I will drill that sucker into a stick and use it instead.
Thanks man - (((High Five)))

You can greatly cut that 4 week wait time in half if you choose the USPS option , it's still free and you will have it in hand within 12 days which is a lot better than a month.

Well, I just just these:

1228201094147.jpg

Six bucks on Amazon and I can use them as screwdrivers too. Couldn't do RBA's without 'em. :D

You don't need to buy from Amazon for those , just about every hardware store i have been in offers the above for about $3.00 tops , usually in the bargain bin area . You will also find them at nearly every auto parts store and Home Depot and Lowe's sells them for a few bucks as well .

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You don't need to buy from Amazon for those , just about every hardware store i have been in offers the above for about $3.00 tops , usually in the bargain bin area . You will also find them at nearly every auto parts store and Home Depot and Lowe's sells them for a few bucks as well .

Ya, I got mine for free actually. I just use that link as anyone can go see it and use it. ;-)
People need to be told where to go or they won't. If you say, 'go buy these anywhere', they won't.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ya, I got mine for free actually. I just use that link as anyone can go see it and use it. ;-)
People need to be told where to go or they won't. If you say, 'go buy these anywhere', they won't.

They definitely fit the bill for wrapping coils though , a solid back wall to compress , perfect sizes , really everything you need for cheap $$$.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They definitely fit the bill for wrapping coils though , a solid back wall to compress , perfect sizes , really everything you need for cheap $$$.

Yuppers. I also keep a couple Allen key sizes and of course, a blue mini screwdriver, in there. :D

Last edited:

Troy Brown

Member For 4 Years
Well....I finally got my Kuro Koiler in yesterday (still scratching my melon tring to figure out why it took over a week to get something in from another state....not as if it came from another country or something).
It is pretty cool, and it makes fantastic tight little coils, but as I figured, a 20 is too small for me to play with since I am not really into micro coils. Should have done my research first, so THAT is my mistake.
SO, if anyone reads this and wants to trade their 30 for a 20, Im in....LOL

Tom950

VU Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm thinking of making one of these

D

Donald Bickers

wpcmvTR.jpg

8HX7N1h.jpg

heres what I use,,,,,saw a video with one and said ,,,,I can make that,works great

VU Sponsors