Become a Patron!

which tank would give better flavor?

Shortfuse12

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Been debating on which one to get OBS engine or GEEK VAPE avocado 24? I really like the avocado cuz it can be used as a single coil but I heard a lot of good stuff about the engine. wondering if anyone have had both tanks and compared them side by side.

b_d_builders

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
that is true, but I would like to get atleast an opinion on someone who have em both...

I really like the Merlin Mini.

It's small 2ml cap but gives me great flavor with any build and it's pretty imo.

d9e966970f79a2c8f0b65862c8b22274.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
thank you, so far the only thing I really like about it is I can go single coil.
I would recommend
  1. Merlin Mini - Super easy to build, wick and fill. Then add to that really awesome flavor
  2. Bachelor Nano - Same as above but just a notch down in flavor IMO, close but not as good as the Merlin Mini

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really didn't like the avocado 24

Same here..... but love the Avocado 22 in single coil....... 24 better for clouds 22 better flavor.. IMO.

OBS Engine is not even on my list of atties to try. Main reason is its dual coil only.

But I'm an oddball in that. I have yet to find a RTA that give "better" flavor than an old KFL. Lots of tanks do give more flavor though..

For me More is not always better.. as I really don't like the taste of Ejuice. When I vape peach cobbler I want to taste peaches... not peach flavored PG and VG.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really didn't like the avocado 24

Same here..... but love the Avocado 22 in single coil....... 24 better for clouds 22 better flavor.. IMO.

OBS Engine is not even on my list of atties to try. Main reason is its dual coil only.

But I'm an oddball in that. I have yet to find a RTA that give "better" flavor than an old KFL. Lots of tanks do give more flavor though..

For me More is not always better.. as I really don't like the taste of Ejuice. When I vape peach cobbler I want to taste peaches... not peach flavored PG and VG.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Yep, I agree. Best flavor Tanks I have are the SquapeRS and Kayfun V5 Mini. Best Flavor RDA by far I have is the Darang, very tight and small chamber with incredible flavor. I pre-ordered the Darang V3 last month and due to production delays I'm still waiting for it. I'm sure it's going to be out of this world for flavor though.

Shortfuse12

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I would recommend
  1. Merlin Mini - Super easy to build, wick and fill. Then add to that really awesome flavor
  2. Bachelor Nano - Same as above but just a notch down in flavor IMO, close but not as good as the Merlin Mini
I haven't heard of the merlin and bachelor, imam check it out

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Been debating on which one to get OBS engine or GEEK VAPE avocado 24? I really like the avocado cuz it can be used as a single coil but I heard a lot of good stuff about the engine. wondering if anyone have had both tanks and compared them side by side.
both are good tanks. and as others stated alot is subjective
for the RDTA style (like the avacado) i'd go with an azeroth or ijoy combo
for the RTA style like the engine, i'd go for a girffin 25 plus, augvape boreas, or aromamizer supreme
for a single coil RTA i really like the alpha one but check with @Deucesjack he knows alot more good single coil tanks then I do.
I mostly do dual coil tanks

xXxelis_prxXx

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I really try hard to like it but not for me, I can't chain vape so I'll suck it up with RDA's best flavor and no leaks in my pockets

DaRodent

Member For 4 Years
Loving my Ammit for flavour. Simple to build on. Only drawback is the space between the chimney and tank wall so it traps the bubbles in juice that is thick. I think 60/40 would be perfect for this. Or if it had a Cleito style bubble tank this would go from a respectable tank to outstanding.

I am using a twisted 28 gage 5 wrap spaces on a 3.5 ID at .52 ohms

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really like the Merlin Mini.

It's small 2ml cap but gives me great flavor with any build and it's pretty imo.

d9e966970f79a2c8f0b65862c8b22274.jpg

I second this! Got it a few days ago and it's my favourite RTA to date. I've not tried the velocity deck though as I got it for the single coil. I'm impressed :)

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I've had the Serpent Mini for a long time, but it has a permanent home on one of my mods and I still use it daily. I have the Avocado 22 as well, and primarily use it in single coil. IMO, the Serpent Mini has much better flavor than the Avocado. If it's single coil and flavor you're after, I highly recommend it.
d44cf149d3e38b0d48095a9e54e8e487.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Engine Nano has much better flavor than the dual Engine imo. Nano is single coil, 5ml. The Crius 2 has better flavor than the SMM for me.

Ishkabibble

Gotta eat the lettuce
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Yep, I agree. Best flavor Tanks I have are the SquapeRS and Kayfun V5 Mini. Best Flavor RDA by far I have is the Darang, very tight and small chamber with incredible flavor. I pre-ordered the Darang V3 last month and due to production delays I'm still waiting for it. I'm sure it's going to be out of this world for flavor though.
The Darang is the tits!! I second this 1000%

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have been sucking a lot lately using this tasty Dong.... And no one mention that's what she said. .....
9dcc564a0ff0696b2156572d9939064e.jpg

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Vapellie

Member For 4 Years
I had both. I used the engine mini daily for the last 6 months or so. I had moved the avocado on within a week.

The engine is taking a break while the crius 2 takes over, if you want single coil I can recommend it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I love this thing.... I keep going for it.... It's from I joy and it holds almost 7ml juice.... It taste just like an RDA.....C360_2018-02-12-16-36-28-642.jpg

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love this thing.... I keep going for it.... It's from I joy and it holds almost 7ml juice.... It taste just like an RDA.....View attachment 103304
What's an RDA taste like?

Idk.. never got that whole RDA as the ultimate vape thing.... too me they are just extra work.. having to lug juice around and dripping all the time. Most are to airy and have too much open space in the chamber for me. Great for clouds and taste test not much else.

Unless they are attached to a squonker box I have no interest on Rda's. And even then I'm looking for the one with the smaklest chamber I can find. Heck I made a block for my Hobo 2 to shrink it down to single coil..

I wish they still made drippers at like 14mm or so like the old A6... of course with modern thru hole posts. Or a like my Chalice3. Again only draw back is the wrap on post design.

VU Sponsors