Status
Not open for further replies.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
coffeedrip1280.gif

Morning all
Morning Bird
Hey are you guys getting some rough weather back there?

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yeah break, it was worse than the last hurricane, man. Flooded up to my front door, my old company got smacked with a tornado- Bunch of people got hurt, it took them hours to find my old boss. It was bad; I went home early though and parked my ass in front of the tv.

Ello110

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah break, it was worse than the last hurricane, man. Flooded up to my front door, my old company got smacked with a tornado- Bunch of people got hurt, it took them hours to find my old boss. It was bad; I went home early though and parked my ass in front of the tv.
Dang that's awful bro... sorry to hear that.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Man, saw all that on the news...crazy weather I guess due to global warming...glad your OK

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Glad they found him. Was he fubar?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Man, saw all that on the news...crazy weather I guess due to global warming...glad your OK

At first I was blaming AL Gore, but apparently it's the El Niño.
Stupid El Niño bastard....

Ello110

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
El Nino has been an ass. A lot of my out of state friends have been hit hard by the crap it's been stirring up - we've been lucky so far down here. Scary stuff.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Glad they found him. Was he fubar?
It was a total of 27 injured and yes, he is one of them. Luckily everyone is stable and nothing life changing or permanent. Thankfully he was outside and the ground is so soft that's what had really made the difference. I
Some of us are gonna try all getting together this weekend.
The captain said the offices are totally gone, one is -in- the river now.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
El Nino has been an ass. A lot of my out of state friends have been hit hard by the crap it's been stirring up - we've been lucky so far down here. Scary stuff.
Yeah dude, El Niño is a transvestite hooker!

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
At first I was blaming AL Gore, but apparently it's the El Niño.
Stupid El Niño bastard....
Wait a minute here..El Nino refers to the western warm water current out here in the Pacific... its a current coming up from the tropics affecting weather here on the west coast..how could El Nino, witch was named by Mexico, affect weather in the gulf States?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Wait a minute here..El Nino refers to the western warm water current out here in the Pacific its a current coming up from the tropics affecting weather here on the west coast..how could El Nino, witch was named by Mexico, affect weather in the gulf States?

Because all the global weather patterns are connected, when there is an El Niño it pushes frontal boundaries further in both directions. Yesterday's crap was a front from northwest to south east of cold weather that normally doesn't fall this far south. It was colliding with a warm air build up and a high pressure system over us. When the cold met the warm the convection currents start and we get what was on the news.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The wind calmed down around midnight and the rain finally stopped a few hours ago. Gotta love it-high of 85 yesterday at noon, 61 today and 80 tomorrow ... Fml
I remember all that high humidity after a rain and the hot sun came back out... Sweating and couldn't cool off... its one of the rare things I didn't like living in Louisiana..

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I remember all that high humidity after a rain and the hot sun came back out... Sweating and couldn't cool off... its only one of the rare things I didn't like living in Louisiana..

Lol, yeah the humidity does get old at times, and I do miss that about out west periodically for it. But I'm so used to it, I don't notice a lot of times.

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Aparently my dog pushed my door open last night to try and steal socks. Also acording to my mom, i was swatting her away while still asleep. Also she says i answered her when she told me she put the gate in front of my door.....

I do not recall any of this. All i remember is falling asleep and wakeing up about a halfhour ago

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That is deep sleepin' Boat....LOL
Yup. I would let her in my room but its a mess and she steal socks.

I miss my last dog. Cane corso. He would curl up in my bed at night. Didnt need a blanket most of the time. He was a good dog.
He was also huge..... but mastifs arnt exactly known for being small

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yup. I would let her in my room but its a mess and she steal socks.

I miss my last dog. Cane corso. He would curl up in my bed at night. Didnt need a blanket most of the time. He was a good dog.
He was also huge..... but mastifs arnt exactly known for being small
That is a lot of dog
Take care Boat

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
SO I am fat and older, the last 4 years I shifted focus to help mom fight and kick the shit out of cancer.
I do all the cooking and trust me it has been a long fucking week, the first day I got left with access to rice and that was it. We cooked that night and it was gooooood.

I was the caregiver the cook and cleaner, I forgot the caregiver golden rule.. take care of myself. So this dr. appointment is the post surgery follow up, got a few spots that we are concerned about.

I just want the green light to hit the hot tub and steam room to relax and dissipate some of the co2 that has been plaguing me.
Hope all goes well and sounds like you certainly deserve that bit of relaxing.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hiya Andria :D

If its anything like what hit us yesterday afternoon, then look out. 35 mph wind gusting 45 mph. The wind is not suppose to calm down until tomorrow afternoon.

Hey chopdoc!!!! Yeah the wind is still bad here, 12 hrs later, though mercifully the flooding rain has stopped -- now the sun has come out! :cool:

Really great to see ya here! Give all the wompers a big ol HOWDY! for me! Lessifer and Trolldragon rolled by last week. Maybe eventually ALL the cool folks will roll this way. :D A couple of the tootle puffers have peeked in too, but I can't really blame them for being so attached there, with KD's TP thread -- I miss it dreadfully, but the stick-up-the-ass mods just ruined that place for me.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That is really odd, what the pages are doing... saw chopdoc's post, replied, tried to go to the next page... and nuthin. Weird!

Morning, y'all, even if it ain't morning anymore. And may I say how grateful I am for such a cool bunch, you've all eased my homesickness for ECF tremendously -- THANK YOU!!! The mods ruined it for me there, but I do have a lot of friends there... it's really nice to make some new ones. :)

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey chopdoc!!!! Yeah the wind is still bad here, 12 hrs later, though mercifully the flooding rain has stopped -- now the sun has come out! :cool:

Really great to see ya here! Give all the wompers a big ol HOWDY! for me! Lessifer and Trolldragon rolled by last week. Maybe eventually ALL the cool folks will roll this way. :D A couple of the tootle puffers have peeked in too, but I can't really blame them for being so attached there, with KD's TP thread -- I miss it dreadfully, but the stick-up-the-ass mods just ruined that place for me.

Andria

A lot more freedom here it seems, might be a good idea for more peeps to come this way. Just need a Womper Room :D

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
A lot more freedom here it seems, might be a good idea for more peeps to come this way. Just need a Womper Room :D

LOTS more freedom!!! If someone acts like a dick, just call 'em a dick and go on about your bidness, and nobody sends you stupid little "rule reminders". :D It's SOOOOOOOOO nice to not be treated like a kindergartner!!!

Andria

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How you doing Rat?
Howdy Pete.
Getting ready to hunker down. The tail end of your and Andria's lovely weather is marching its way towards me. They just issued tornado warnings on the radio, for the north and west of me.

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is really odd, what the pages are doing... saw chopdoc's post, replied, tried to go to the next page... and nuthin. Weird!

Morning, y'all, even if it ain't morning anymore. And may I say how grateful I am for such a cool bunch, you've all eased my homesickness for ECF tremendously -- THANK YOU!!! The mods ruined it for me there, but I do have a lot of friends there... it's really nice to make some new ones. :)

Andria

I'm blamin Boat, since he mixed beer and Chinese.o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors