Become a Patron!

White Coconut Cake by Jason

UncleIronLungs

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I used to use the old crock pot as a way to steep certain juices but lately I've read conflicting opinions about the nic being degraded with exposure to heat.
A couple of people said there's no replacement for the time steeping method.
I'm up for anything though and waiting for 3 weeks seems like a true ball ache!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I used to use the old crock pot as a way to steep certain juices but lately I've read conflicting opinions about the nic being degraded with exposure to heat.
A couple of people said there's no replacement for the time steeping method.
I'm up for anything though and waiting for 3 weeks seems like a true ball ache!

If you test before and after a 4-hour crockpot steep at 150 degrees you'll find no difference in the nic strength. I always steep mixes with caps custard, because it takes so long to 'mature'. (When the whole steeping thing came up on The Other Forum some time ago, nic tests were done).

You can actually just take half your mix and crockpot it, and then leave the other half to steep over time. Then you can decide for yourself!

UncleIronLungs

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If there's been tests done already proving that 150 degree's doesn't cause any problems then I'm OK with that.

I'll stick it on the crockpot tomorrow after work. Pointless me splitting a 30ml sample, if I like it I might just carry out a little test of my own on a larger scale.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If there's been tests done already proving that 150 degree's doesn't cause any problems then I'm OK with that.

I'll stick it on the crockpot tomorrow after work. Pointless me splitting a 30ml sample, if I like it I might just carry out a little test of my own on a larger scale.

Just as an FYI, to get my crockpot to stay at 150 degrees, I use the lowest setting and crack the lid less than 1/2"!

UncleIronLungs

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Cheers Amanda. I'm well versed in the old crock pot steep though. Mines pretty much the same as yours but with the lid off completely. I managed to fey my 1st steeps. Popped it in medium with the lid on and totally forgot. When I realised I checked the temp and...... 220 degrees! Learnt my lesson there, don't be a forgetful sod! ;)

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cheers Amanda. I'm well versed in the old crock pot steep though. Mines pretty much the same as yours but with the lid off completely. I managed to fey my 1st steeps. Popped it in medium with the lid on and totally forgot. When I realised I checked the temp and...... 220 degrees! Learnt my lesson there, don't be a forgetful sod! ;)

I've done that. And, as I said, left it overnight too LOL No harm done it seems!

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I've done the crock method too bit for some reason my tastes font don't ice much difference until the long wait. It is just a matter of preference I guess :)

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Geez better proof read myself lolol. My tastes don't notice much difference until the long steep is done. I checked it little bit ago and oh my is it really smelling fantastic

UncleIronLungs

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ended up doing the old crock pot trick. Filled my tank up with this and it's great. I get a really rich intense flavour followed by the coconut.
I'll be mixing up 100ml's of this at the weekend and allow it to have 3 weeks steeping au naturale.
Thanks for this recipe bud, brilliant.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't wait to make this one! Thought I had every flavor and realized I had no apple pie....:(.....but today's vape mail should take care of that!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, thanks to SPEEDY service and impeccable CUSTOMER SATISFACTION, I now have everything I need to make Jason's famous cake! Along with a beautiful 8 1/2x11" copy of my invoice, autographed by @wllmc and his lovely wife, suitable for framing....
Go ahead and laugh, but when these folks blow all other SLOW-SHIPPING vendors out of the water, I'LL be the one with the framed memento that I can sell for big bucks to buy more flavors.....:D:p:D:p:D.....LOL!!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Gonna try it after mixing first. Many here seem to think it's not necessary, but my taste buds usually tell me what to do. Did you vape straight after the crock pot steep?

UncleIronLungs

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Left it to cool down for an hour or so after with the lid off. Vaped straight after that.
As Amanda suggested I did 4 hours at 150 degree's. Shook and removed the lid for a couple of minutes each hour.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just got done making a 30ml....and split the first 10ml between my tank and a small bottle for the "vape bag" in my purse... :p

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You could sell this by the gallon!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You know, it really makes me happy that I've made a recipe that so many people like. Not in a prideful, egotistic way. It's just that I've made people happy. So, I'm happy that you all are happy! Hopefully, I'll come up with something equally as good one day, but for now here's to WCC!

It's a masterpiece. Maybe it'll be like Gone With The Wind and be your one true magnificent claim to fame that will endure for the next century:p

SeniorBoy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
Jason,

Thank you! This is an outstanding mix and one of the few with CA VC that is yummy for me fresh or a sauna in my UC.

About a month ago I brought a sample to my local B&M which sells NUMEROUS commercial juices and they know their stuff. They are my focus group for my own mixes and help me with honest and candid thoughts. Their a dripper group. I would not tell them what to expect. I only said it's a desert and not my mix and the recipe is like don't even ask. Four of them sampled it which included a rising star in the juice world who mixes good stuff. The only change I made to your first post recipe is a boost to the FA Coconut to 1.5%

I wish you could have been in the shop. They went all nutso and loved it. The 30ML was gone in less than an hour! LOL. The commercial guy offered to buy the recipe!!! It was a fascinating journey to listen to them talk about the tones they tasted and every time I have gone back to the shop they ask me for more!

Kudos!

:)

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Jason,

Thank you! This is an outstanding mix and one of the few with CA VC that is yummy for me fresh or a sauna in my UC.

About a month ago I brought a sample to my local B&M which sells NUMEROUS commercial juices and they know their stuff. They are my focus group for my own mixes and help me with honest and candid thoughts. Their a dripper group. I would not tell them what to expect. I only said it's a desert and not my mix and the recipe is like don't even ask. Four of them sampled it which included a rising star in the juice world who mixes good stuff. The only change I made to your first post recipe is a boost to the FA Coconut to 1.5%

I wish you could have been in the shop. They went all nutso and loved it. The 30ML was gone in less than an hour! LOL. The commercial guy offered to buy the recipe!!! It was a fascinating journey to listen to them talk about the tones they tasted and every time I have gone back to the shop they ask me for more!

Kudos!

@Cramptholomew , this is your opportunity to show off your talent and rake in the bucks!! :D

UncleIronLungs

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
A quick question.

After having now gone through 100ml of cap v1 and 100ml of cap v2 (which I preferred) I'm in a bit of a pickle.

Since I sub ohm quite low, I've found the flavour can get muted by the increased watts. Is there a particular method of vaping custards that prevents this from happening?

Also I've noticed a few variations posted throughout the topic. I'm interested in finding out everyone's opinions on the ideal pg/vg ratio and changes to percentages of other flavours in the recipe to achieve perfection.

I tried 90/10 vg/Pg in my mixes which could have possibly contributed in the muted flavour. Maybe I've just got custard tongue XP

Thanks all.

Last edited:

SeniorBoy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
Sorry I can't help with the sub ohm issue. I increased the Coconut (FA) to 1.5% and all the other flavor percent's in the OP post remain the same. Natch it needs to steep and even in a CP or UC it still needs to "sit" for a few days after the sauna or even a week before it reaches maturity. I'm using Cap v1 and mix at 50/50 6MG single coil (1.3) kinda guy around 13 watts. I can also get custard tongue and it always taste "zingy" whatever that is /lol when I first start to vape it. Like a lot of juices, you can burn out on a given flavor after a period of time in your vape session. Not sure if this helps you but I'm sure we must have some high wattage members who can chime in.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry I can't help with the sub ohm issue. I increased the Coconut (FA) to 1.5% and all the other flavor percent's in the OP post remain the same. Natch it needs to steep and even in a CP or UC it still needs to "sit" for a few days after the sauna or even a week before it reaches maturity. I'm using Cap v1 and mix at 50/50 6MG single coil (1.3) kinda guy around 13 watts. I can also get custard tongue and it always taste "zingy" whatever that is /lol when I first start to vape it. Like a lot of juices, you can burn out on a given flavor after a period of time in your vape session. Not sure if this helps you but I'm sure we must have some high wattage members who can chime in.
I did use coconut extra, as I had no regular coconut on hand - loved it!

UncleIronLungs

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'll probably end up just setting up my rose v2 with a higher ohm coil, like a 1.4 ohm or something with rayon. I've had a fair bit of success with a vertical coil on the rose for flavour so I'll give it a shot on my next batch.

I'm going to go with these adjustments :

Custard V2 11%
Coconut 1.5%
Marzipan 1%
Apple pie 0.75%
Almond 0.75%

50/50 pg/vg
4mg nic.

Any opinions on this? Maybe the custard may be a little high etc.
Thanks for the input.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I went the other direction with the Custard at 8% and it was still great.
Not dripping though, tanker at like 7w.

SeniorBoy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
In my KF and after proper steeping as I mentioned above, the default of 9% for CA VC (V1) is perfect. What I meant to say in my previous post is that in a new vaping session of this love juice it's "brighter" with Coconuty @ 1.5%. Full flavor profile and a keeper.

Serenity

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I placed an order for some of the FA flavors to mix this up because I was looking for a good coconut type vape and this sounded good. My order arrived on Saturday minus the Marzipan because they were out of stock. I read the flavor description. It said that Marzipan is supposed to be an almond and honey flavor. I have almond and I have honey so I added a total of 1% almond and .25% honey to this mix. It came out really good. I'll have to order the Marzipan when they get it back in stock because I'd love to see the difference when it's made correctly. So far, I'm really liking the test batch. I made it both with the original % of coconut and also a sample with 1% coconut. The only difference that I can tell is that the original is more cake with subtle coconut and the 1% is more coconut up front with the cake more in the background. I have to say that the original recipe is definitely more balanced to my taste buds so I'll likely be sticking to it in the future. Bravo on this recipe! I'm definitely going to be making a larger amount of it and see what happens when it has a chance to steep.

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A quick question.

After having now gone through 100ml of cap v1 and 100ml of cap v2 (which I preferred) I'm in a bit of a pickle.

Since I sub ohm quite low, I've found the flavour can get muted by the increased watts. Is there a particular method of vaping custards that prevents this from happening?

Also I've noticed a few variations posted throughout the topic. I'm interested in finding out everyone's opinions on the ideal pg/vg ratio and changes to percentages of other flavours in the recipe to achieve perfection.

I tried 90/10 vg/Pg in my mixes which could have possibly contributed in the muted flavour. Maybe I've just got custard tongue XP

Thanks all.
I make it at 65% VG. I've made it higher VG, but it does mute a bit. I USUALLY vape it in a tank at .6 ohms at about 22w.

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I did use coconut extra, as I had no regular coconut on hand - loved it!
No!!! Not coconut extra!!! Infamnia!!! I kid, I kid. I hate that stuff with a passion. If it worked for you, that's what's important. I would strongly recommend getting the FA coconut instead, though.

UncleIronLungs

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I make it at 65% VG. I've made it higher VG, but it does mute a bit. I USUALLY vape it in a tank at .6 ohms at about 22w.

Next batch I'll mix @65/35 then. My coils have been about 0.4 ohms of late, watts usually about 30. I'll tinker until it get this sucker nailed.
It is a fantastic recipe though bud, good work.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No!!! Not coconut extra!!! Infamnia!!! I kid, I kid. I hate that stuff with a passion. If it worked for you, that's what's important. I would strongly recommend getting the FA coconut instead, though.
LOL!! But it was - and still is - SO TASTY!! :p
One of the guys at a new vapery in Pigeon Forge tasted some I had with me and freaked out! Then he kinda got huffy because I wouldn't share the recipe (had already told him it wasn't mine) and downright insulted when I wouldn't share my bottle. One of their "claims to fame" is being able to clone anything - although I wouldn't bet on it. I haven't been back, the atty they sold me shattered the second day and the house juice that was supposedly a spot on clone of mother's milk now tastes like a weak candy. They're kinda cocky in there.....
How would they like it if someone took their juice to a "clone factory?" Just rude if you ask me.....

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In the future if I post an original recipe with VCv2 and a splash of apple pie FA, it will say "inspired by" this recipe and a link. This recipe flavor and the keys to unlock it are priceless for a DIYer. Fuck anyone who wants to flip it with their name on it tho. Pirates.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In the future if I post an original recipe with VCv2 and a splash of apple pie FA, it will say "inspired by" this recipe and a link. This recipe flavor and the keys to unlock it are priceless for a DIYer. Fuck anyone who wants to flip it with their name on it tho. Pirates.
I thoroughly agree! And you can post that recipe just any time....:D

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think you mean link, as re-posting the recipe is a no-no :)

It's ok to link directly to this thread from reddit for example, yes?
I'm sorry, I assumed it was your recipe.
But we can post them here, just not outside VU. Links are okay, even the recipes with permission from the creator. ;)

Waseem Telfah

Member For 4 Years
@Cramptholomew your are the man . I want to try mixing a 5 ml batch to test out, but I wasn't sure how the f*** am going to measure 0.0375ml o_O . So, mixed 20ml and 4 hours in water heater at 52 degrees and boy its delicious , vaped 3ml of it in less than an hour :D. the VC is more noticable to me but FA flavors gives an unmatched subtle flavors that make it a smooth vape . pumped up the wattage to 27.5W on my lemo with 0.8ohms coil and i was able to taste hints of coconut .

Dude what if we replace the VC with NY Cheese cake (CAP) :rolleyes: . That coconut blend makes a perfect tigers blood , with maybe 4% FA watermelon and 2% strawberry ripe TFA or FA . Oh boy I have plans for this ;), what do you think ???

The Varista

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
**For personal non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.**

Just like the name says...

9% Capella Vanilla Custard v2
.75% FA Coconut
.5% FA Apple Pie
.75% FA Marzipan
.5% FA Almond
Thanks for this one...have all the flavors so it's a must try.

Ksarrow

Member For 4 Years
Yes and its just as addictive. Using GOC 14% base to me tastes less sharp, a bit more creamy and fluffy. I don't really taste as much if any vanilla which kinda keeps the white cake white.

I'm not sure if I can say using V2 or GOC is more awesome.

VU Sponsors