White House: Vaping rules not stalled, Trump plans Friday 11/21/19 meeting (VIDEO)

Discussion in '#BANTHIS' started by Vape Fan, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Vape Fan

Vape Fan More like I am now, than I was before VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    VapeJunkie likes this.
  2. The Cromwell

The Cromwell The Frugal Vapist VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Yep I read about this elsewhere but none of the known vaping advocates had gotten an invite as of a couple of days ago.

Not stalled? He said a big paper out last week?

Delayed , Stalled Semantics but for whatever reason did not happen as he said.

3. Vape Fan

Vape Fan More like I am now, than I was before VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Even when its good its bad? Maybe they'll try to impeach him for that?

Anywho, yep, another meeting but I didn't know it was this friday till it was announced, a few hrs ago

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
  4. The Cromwell

The Cromwell The Frugal Vapist VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Rumors of this meeting have been going on for most of a week.
    Good bad? Whatever Trump does now has no impact on Next May.
    Or maybe it does by implementing some deeming enforcement early?

I expect that Trump is just looking for a way to get out of the mess his mouth got him into.
    So he can blame it all on someone else next May.

Artemis, VapeJunkie and Vape Fan like this.
  5. Vape Fan

Blog Posts:
    That's what we should hope, that as a result of the meeting deeming is relaxed in some way. I'm not holding my breath, more likely cross that bridge then - unless it's a ban on a device type[prefilled cartridge based]. imo if deeming is part of this outcome, it would have to be better than pre 08 only or else they would just let it ride till May.

If we look at the words that came from his mouth, it's not as bad as it seems or some portray. HHS/FDA have been the negative vocal mouthpiece.

VapeJunkie and The Cromwell like this.
  6. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    Never hold your breath based on what a politician may do. You will die!

VapeJunkie and Vape Fan like this.
  7. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    However do not expect Trump to relax the deeming regs. he would stand to lose more votes than if he did a flavor ban if he weakened the deeming regs.

I think the route that he would like to take will require legislation.
    And there is already a flavor ban bill in congress.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
  8. lordmage

lordmage Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Gold Contributor ECF Refugee Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    Have you seen the thread 5 days to comment Premarket Tobacco Product Applications and Recordkeeping Requirements my bet is that will be the topic the question is how else it may change but i am not going to hold my breath about it being good for us

VapeJunkie and The Cromwell like this.
  9. Vape Fan

Blog Posts:
    I've see the thread but haven't read the file so I don't have an opinion on how or what may transpire from the meeting as it relates to Premarket Tobacco Product Applications and Recordkeeping Requirements.

10. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    Yep seen it and spent over an hour scanning the PMTA requirements.
    Very complicated and few vape advocates are qualified to give any constructive criticism on them.
    Any comments like do away with them, etc will be discarded I am sure.

After scanning them I am even more conivnced that open systems will die next year and likely bottles of juice for refills as well.
    They are very concerned about misuse of vaping equipment causing different results that those submitted with the PMTA application.
    VERY concerned.
    I do not really expect any mix and match vape stuff to be approved.
    ie individual attys and individual mods because different wattages, wicking, coils will cause different vape results.

I seriously hope that I am wrong but not at all convinced that I am at this point.

lordmage and VapeJunkie like this.
  11. VapeJunkie

VapeJunkie Gold Contributor Member For 4 Years ECF Refugee Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for the update. While all news is not good news, I thank you for keeping us informed. I too would like to know the advocacy groups. Would feel better if I knew who was speaking on our behalf.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
    The Cromwell and Vape Fan like this.
  12. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    VapeJunkie and Vape Fan like this.
  13. lordmage

lordmage Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Gold Contributor ECF Refugee Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    just watched some of it live and it seems the room narrative was the same from all public health sector " think of the kids and Ban all flavors" to me it seemed like they largely steam rolled Conley and ever thing he said. Trump is no dummy he knows a ban wont address the blackmarket issue or youth use. he seems to be more awake since the we vape we vote dc rally but he is largely in a room full of "think of the Kids" and whatever happens we can be certain of one thing it wont be good.

VapeJunkie likes this.
  14. VapeJunkie

Blog Posts:
    Not liking that the VTA has been the only acknowledged group to be in our corner during this meeting. I truly hope there are more representatives for our cause than that. While there is hope from Trump yet, this meeting seems more an ambush than 2 sides compromising a fair solution.

15. f1r3b1rd

f1r3b1rd Phantom Pilot Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor VU Challenge Team Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    Mitt Romney needs anal probed with a hard short on a 21700 stack mod

VapeJunkie likes this.
  16. Vape Fan

Blog Posts:
  17. f1r3b1rd

f1r3b1rd Phantom Pilot Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor VU Challenge Team Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    If he bans flavors and puts shops out of business he will be commiting political suicide.
    I can't help but wonder how much money and effort is being put in by his political opponents to push for a flavor ban solely as a tool seize power.

VapeJunkie likes this.
  18. Vape Fan

Blog Posts:
    Based on meeting, not looking any better than Sept 11, really.
    Some spoken misnomers that weren't addressed because of interruptions.
    He kept coming back to black market as a result of flavor ban, but at the end he seemed more convinced by the anti-establishment.

The Cromwell, VapeJunkie and f1r3b1rd like this.
  19. f1r3b1rd

Blog Posts:
    Time for another round of calls, emails, texts and assembly on the White House lawn

Vape Fan and VapeJunkie like this.
  20. VapeJunkie

Blog Posts:
    I endorse this message. Watching that smug SOB taunting and laughing at those for flavors just made me want to slap the shit out of him. No one else was any where near that disrespectful during the whole meeting. I hope others see that and call him out for being the prick he is....

Vape Fan likes this.
  21. lordmage

Blog Posts:
    Greg Conley is one of the best known supporters we have there are only so few who would have even qualified to be on are side for a talk like this also they could have not even had are side in the room so that is a huge step.
    here was his opening remarks

22. inspects

inspects Squonkamaniac Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
  23. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    I am still at the wait to see what happens stage.

And pretty much convinced that he is still trying to get out of what his mouth got him into.

VapeJunkie and f1r3b1rd like this.
  24. f1r3b1rd

Blog Posts:
    Interesting to see juul stab all of us in the back to the president ....

Assholes

gsmit1 and VapeJunkie like this.
  25. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    What would one expect from Juul?
    They have done vaping any favors and do not expect them to start.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
    Vape Fan and VapeJunkie like this.
  26. lordmage

Blog Posts:
    yeah they have to money to buy the market back after it gets killed and then the MSA gets higher since there a Big T signer

27. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    Juul is VERY likely to get PMTA approval. If they drop their nic level. And maybe the salt thing.
    Not sure how the FDA will like nic salts. I suspect not very much.

28. gsmit1

gsmit1 Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Oops. I didn't know that video was already in here.