Member For 4 Years
COCONUT-FA-2%
COOKIE-FA-2%
VANILLA CUSTARD V2-CAP-1%
MARZIPAN-1%
WHITE CHOCOLATE-TPA-1%
SWEET TANGERINE-CAP-1%
DRAGON FRUIT-TPA-.5%

Hey everyone first recipe post for me and I hope everyone likes it. Just created off the Maroon bars recipe due to my extreme lack of some key FA flavors(definitely compiling a list of necessities for the next). This tasted great as a shake and vape and it seems most the rest I make usually end up not tasting "great" immediately but needing the time to mix and mature. However when its good out the gate I think its probably gonna be a winner most the time(especially when the base is already based off a winner!).... At least fingers crossed anyways, its in the crock pot now I am refraining myself from taking the bottle out early :rolleyes: LMK what ya think?

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
COCONUT-FA-2%
COOKIE-FA-2%
VANILLA CUSTARD V2-CAP-1%
MARZIPAN-1%
WHITE CHOCOLATE-TPA-1%
SWEET TANGERINE-CAP-1%
DRAGON FRUIT-TPA-.5%

Hey everyone first recipe post for me and I hope everyone likes it. Just created off the Maroon bars recipe due to my extreme lack of some key FA flavors(definitely compiling a list of necessities for the next). This tasted great as a shake and vape and it seems most the rest I make usually end up not tasting "great" immediately but needing the time to mix and mature. However when its good out the gate I think its probably gonna be a winner most the time(especially when the base is already based off a winner!).... At least fingers crossed anyways, its in the crock pot now I am refraining myself from taking the bottle out early :rolleyes: LMK what ya think?

Judging by what's in this, I think the Crock-Pot is just wasted on it.
24hrs is usually good enough for the low amount of Custard being used, and besides the v2 needs less time anyway IMO.
But I'm also just paranoid about the heat messing with the flavors anyway:eek:.

BTW, looks like a good one, thanks for posting.

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Best info I found about speed steeping was in the thread about crock pot steeping here and I guess I am really trying to see the end result of it asap so I can get an Idea what to do to change a recipe the next go round. Just started DIY about a month or so ago and really never even done forums so I'm only learning from you guys and trial & error. Any input is always welcome and I learn what I can from peoples input or shared knowledge. If anybody has a bit more details about what to or not to speed and what rules of thumb to keep it at a shake and vape lvl since I would think thats ideal( I know its def not always possible though). Some flavors I have seem to have a strong chemical odor or very strong taste which is tough to get rid of, even with steeping for long periods, without the heating portion of it. I know this is still mostly all personal preferences anyways but anybody wanna share their preferences?

I thought that v2 took longer at least what I was reading? I am NOT a custard fan but low %s are really good I cant deny

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Best info I found about speed steeping was in the thread about crock pot steeping here and I guess I am really trying to see the end result of it asap so I can get an Idea what to do to change a recipe the next go round. Just started DIY about a month or so ago and really never even done forums so I'm only learning from you guys and trial & error. Any input is always welcome and I learn what I can from peoples input or shared knowledge. If anybody has a bit more details about what to or not to speed and what rules of thumb to keep it at a shake and vape lvl since I would think thats ideal( I know its def not always possible though). Some flavors I have seem to have a strong chemical odor or very strong taste which is tough to get rid of, even with steeping for long periods, without the heating portion of it. I know this is still mostly all personal preferences anyways but anybody wanna share their preferences?

I thought that v2 took longer at least what I was reading? I am NOT a custard fan but low %s are really good I cant deny

Some of the chemical/perfume ones can be vented for 24hrs, just leave the cap and drip tip off and put it away in the cupboard for a day.
Then continue the normal sealed up steeping for a bit.
Many recipes only need 24hrs to 3 days, but some of the fancy ones need longer.
Especially the ones with many flavors, or using higher amounts of Custards, Vanillas, & Creams.
Bavarian Cream is another one that I think needs to steep for at least a week IMO.
Strawberry flavors seem to take longer to steep than most of the other fruits, at least for me anyway.
I think the heat helps more with blending the flavors in for those using higher VG ratios mainly.

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some of the chemical/perfume ones can be vented for 24hrs, just leave the cap and drip tip off and put it away in the cupboard for a day.
Especially the ones with many flavors, or using higher amounts of Custards, Vanillas, & Creams.
Bavarian Cream is another one that I think needs to steep for at least a week IMO.
Strawberry flavors seem to take longer to steep than most of the other fruits, at least for me anyway.
I think the heat helps more with blending the flavors in for those using higher VG ratios mainly.
So if it doesnt taste close to correct in the first 1-3 days normal dark steep then chances are flavor %'s should be adjusted accordingly I guess? I was under the impression leaving the cap off was the worst thing for the nicotine and caused flavor loss, Does heating it do the same? From that thread on crock pot steeping I was under the impression it was a tested theory, and the heat didnt degrade nicotine at all and it had normal flavor loss comparable to steeping normally.

SirErick

Member For 4 Years

Is there a list of flavors recommended for venting? Fuji apple desperately needs it but have not tried airing process yet.

PS Be very careful with heat steeping anything with spice in it.Flavor diminishes fast.

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So if it doesnt taste close to correct in the first 1-3 days normal dark steep then chances are flavor %'s should be adjusted accordingly I guess? I was under the impression leaving the cap off was the worst thing for the nicotine and caused flavor loss, Does heating it do the same? From that thread on crock pot steeping I was under the impression it was a tested theory, and the heat didnt degrade nicotine at all and it had normal flavor loss comparable to steeping normally.

Heating for long periods can degrade and/or change the flavorings. It may work very well for some mixes, but I've found that for the most part, natural aging is best. It sucks to wait, but once you get a collection of juices that you regularly vape, it gets much easier. I've also found that many can be vaped after a day though they may be MUCH better after a week or two or three, etc. Personally, I can vape just about anything after a day or two even when I know it'll be better later. I don't know how common that is....maybe I'm just weird :) As far as leaving the cap off, I've never done that for anything that I've mixed.

Edit... I just wanted to add this. Experiment....whatever works for you is what you should do. I've done a crap load of reading about DIY over the past year and opinions are all over the place. Even among those that claim to be master mixers. So much so that you end up not knowing what to do sometimes. There are some basic rules to follow, but generally just try things and you'll find what works best.

Last edited:

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

I don't have to vent anything normally, because I just steep them longer if needed.
Although I've had to vent with some of the alcohol based flavors that were reeking of the alcohol taste.
If it's still perfume or chemical tasting after a long steep, I'll hunt down the offending flavor and put it in my junk box.
Sometimes lowering the funky flavor helps, but not always.

Is there a list of flavors recommended for venting? Fuji apple desperately needs it but have not tried airing process yet.

PS Be very careful with heat steeping anything with spice in it.Flavor diminishes fast.

Don't know of any such list as it's pretty much trial and error with the flavorings.
I've never had any trouble with Fuji, but I only use 0.5% to 2%.
I don't bother with heat steeping as I make up anywhere from 5 to 20 mixes at a time, sometimes.
Usually include a couple that only need 1-3 days steep, and the rest can sit and wait their turn:D.

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have everything but white chocolate.. Making this anyways, sounds delicious. Any ideas on a replacement for the white chocolate?
you could definitely do this with fa chocolate(regular 2:1 per HIC's notes or caramel like the original which i also dont have LOL her:http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-macaroon-bars-coconut-orange-cranberry.33475/ )

edit-oh and vanilla swirl would be good too maybe a combo of 2:1 vienna cream and classic vanilla if you have fa

SirErick

Member For 4 Years

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't have to vent anything normally, because I just steep them longer if needed.
Although I've had to vent with some of the alcohol based flavors that were reeking of the alcohol taste.
If it's still perfume or chemical tasting after a long steep, I'll hunt down the offending flavor and put it in my junk box.
Sometimes lowering the funky flavor helps, but not always.

I figured I probably will try in a low dose and see from there, maybe these products are just not meant to be vaped though...

Last edited:

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Heating for long periods can degrade and/or change the flavorings. It may work very well for some mixes, but I've found that for the most part, natural aging is best. It sucks to wait, but once you get a collection of juices that you regularly vape, it gets much easier. I've also found that many can be vaped after a day though they may be MUCH better after a week or two or three, etc. Personally, I can vape just about anything after a day or two even when I know it'll be better later. I don't know how common that is....maybe I'm just weird :) As far as leaving the cap off, I've never done that for anything that I've mixed.

Edit... I just wanted to add this. Experiment....whatever works for you is what you should do. I've done a crap load of reading about DIY over the past year and opinions are all over the place. Even among those that claim to be master mixers. So much so that you end up not knowing what to do sometimes. There are some basic rules to follow, but generally just try things and you'll find what works best.
IM GONNA NEED A LOT MORE BOTTLES THEN!!!

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I actually decided to leave the cap off of the flavoring itself(maybe 6-12 hrs) that was the culprit and it helped cut down my steep time a bunch. Gonna try it with some other flavors that were a bit too
chemical-like as well.

SirErick

Member For 4 Years
Just mixed it up. Taste test.. THIS is superb! Vape is wonderful, amazing how Vienna cream and vanilla classic make white chocolate. Cannot wait for it to steep a few days. I am not a big coconut fan but this works well with the chocolate profile. Well done!

VU Sponsors