Become a Patron!

whiteowl84 - Vanilla Custard v3

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This is my first time posting one of my blends anywhere. If there's good feedback, I'll post the rest. You guys should have most of this stuff.
This has been tweaked 3 times since I got a good foundation.

Despite what the recipe says, I'm using the v2 Capella blends and DX TFA Caramel Original.

I don't time steep. I put it in 120ml glass Boston bottles and put it in a bag in the crockpot. 24 hours on low simulates about a month.
It's a good shake and vape but it gets much better. The egg/butter notes pop a bit more.

Last edited:

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No problem. I just hope some one makes it either here or ECF. I've never tried much "premium" juice but some of my friends have and they all think it's awesome. I'm wanting feedback from someone that really knows their stuff so I can improve it.

Before anyone says vienna cream, that was in v1...too light imo. Custard should be thick and heavy.

STUvapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hi WhiteOwl , How about trying some other custard flavs, FA Custard, TFAvanilla custard. It really depends what type of custard you are looking for. Capellas v1 is great as a custard and doesnt need much tweeking imo ,it has that authentic very slight eggy note to it , or FA has a slight lemon taste. TFA dulce de leche at maybe 2% helps a custard along too .. But it really does depend what you want it to be, maybe like a creamy vanilla pudding with more accent on the cream where Bavarian cream is great for this and FA madagascar vanilla classic has a really nice vanilla note as does Inawera shisha vanilla, both theses in small amounts are great flavs. Adding caramel to custards is nice but its moving it away from being a custard to more of a caramel pudding. Try not to over do things and keep it simple, sometimes too many flavs together dont play well with each other heck cap v1 and vbic make a really nice flavour together at maybe 10% VC v1 and 4% Tfa vbic after a few weeks steeping tastes great. There are lots of flavs that will go great in these recipes but in the end its not really what would be classed as "vanilla custard" ... Good Luck and have fun mixing .. STU

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the advice. I use FW dulce de leche in another recipe. I've never tried TFA custard or FA. I don't like the lemon I've heard so much about but I would like to try TFAs.
I know what you mean about the egg. Capella Custard is almost a stand alone flavor...almost. The NY cheesecake helps with the butter and egg. The VBIC adds some cream and vanilla. I used to use EM to sweeten and TFA bavarian cream but since I found Caps Sweet Cream, I omitted the EM and Bavarian and used the sweet cream for both. It is a great sweetener. The caramel adds a bit of darkness to it. I don't use enough to be able to taste caramel. I have another recipe for more caramel and DDL. I want there to be a distinct difference between the two.

I feel like everything I've done uses the Capella Custard to bring out everything it's missing.
In the past several months, the only thing I haven't tried (that makes sense) is TFA custard.

STUvapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sounds nice Owl, I'll need to mix it up sometime and give it a try. Ive just spent about the last 2 hrs playing about with some other recipes.... All good fun :) playing about with a clone of Deadly sin which is a slightly cinnamon butterscotch ry4, a Duchess clone from Waynes Diy or die show earlier tonight and an apple butter cookie type recipe. Mixermatosis has taken over from shineyitus..lol..

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I feel like everything I've done uses the Capella Custard to bring out everything it's missing.
In the past several months, the only thing I haven't tried (that makes sense) is TFA custard.

Despite what the recipe says, I'm using the v2 Capella blends and DX TFA Caramel Original.

CAP V2 tastes nothing like V1 which might be the problem, I'd try v1 first before using any TFA.
And the regular TFA Caramel Original tastes better than the DX IMO.
However I do use much less Custard as I think it's too potent in higher amounts.

STUvapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hi Heabob, I never even noticed that Owl was using v2s and DXs untill you brought that up, musta skimmed over that part. Heabob is defo right there Owl V2 custard and DX caramel taste like ass compared to their diacetyl filled partners. Theres no denying that diacetyl isn't good for us its just how bad it is we dont know for certain but I'll stick to the tasty v1 stuff imo theres not enough in vapour to do us too much harm, Im sure there is a lot more in cigarettes we used to smoke constantly. Its the age old "diacetyl" arguament that I dont want to get right into on this thread as its been discussed in plenty of other blogs over the yrs. The main factor being the stuff is bloody well tasty and makes for a good vape, thats why I choose to use it and not its safer and less tasty counterpart. If its a health reason you have chosen v1 and DX then thats your choice but if you are looking to make your recipe more tasty then Cap V1 and non DX is the way to go, the difference is massive.

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I started with the v1. There is a minor difference but to me, it's nothing I can't work with. The recipe is the same with either. I built all this on v1. v1 by it's self is still missing alot, that's where all the VBIC and NYCK comes in.

I'm pretty sure some countries that are on board with vaping still oppose the good stuff in custard...that's reason enough for me to not use it. Especially when I've worked the recipe to make the v2 taste good.

If you use the v1 or v2 in the recipe, it's totally up to you. It tastes awesome either way. Like I said, I started using the v1. I didn't know there was anything potentially harmful in it at the time.
Me and my wife lived in a house infested with molds and have given her some permanent illnesses so I do everything I can to make this safe. Hence the v2.

Edit: The DX Caramel Original is much better than any of their other DX Caramel flavors.
I've tried most of them I think.

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Nice recipe, I'll give it a go next time I'm mixing.
I prefer the v1 myself, I also prefer fa caramel to its tfa counterpart, so I'll sub that as well. Either way using all those flavors together it's likely it'll taste good reguardless.
Thanks for the heads up!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Feel free to sub what you like...if you get a winner lmk and I might have to try it.
I've never used FA caramel but I've been really happy with everything I've tried.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Like I said, I started using the v1

Sorry, didn't realize you started with V1, I actually tried using the V2 Custard before the V1 and didn't like it.
I thought you felt something was missing by wanting to try the TFA VC is all.
Many of us are trying different things with recipes hoping to make improvements too.

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I want to try TFA custard and everything else on the market. I have 7 or 8 recipes that I keep making. Some mine, some not.
Anything that will give me inspiration for a new recipe or an improvement on an existing one is welcome in my lab/closet.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I want to try TFA custard and everything else on the market.

I've got around 10 recipes I make regularly, and try to make 1 or 2 new ones every week.
Over 400 recipes stored in my juice calculator and it's taking forever to try them all.

Yep, I'm kind of a collector myself:D.
Funny I've had the TFA VC for some time now and haven't even tried it yet, along with many others.
Drip tasting it doesn't seem as strong as CAP v1, which is always the one I grab.

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have alot of flavors I haven't done anything with either. I thought it'd be easier to make a recipe with them than it was. TFA red velvet and vanilla cupcake, muffin and caramel toffee (no brand on bottle...came from bull city). If you know of a recipe, I'd love to hear it.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have alot of flavors I haven't done anything with either. I thought it'd be easier to make a recipe with them than it was. TFA red velvet and vanilla cupcake, muffin and caramel toffee (no brand on bottle...came from bull city). If you know of a recipe, I'd love to hear it.

Red Velvet Cake I tried once and hated it:(.
Caramel Toffee I have is Hangsen brand which seems to be the only one BCF carries.
(Try some stand alone at 4-5%)or(might work good with a hint of coffee)
TFA Vanilla Cupcake needs steeping, but not too crazy about it, think CAP version is slightly better.
(Don't think I really get much Cupcake taste)
(Really haven't used it much)
Don't have the Muffun so no idea.

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have noticed that Capellas flavors are usually better than other brands.
The same is probably true for cupcake.
I just wish they had a few different Strawberry flavors...there's is good but I need to mix different TFA versions with it depending on what I'm going for.

I think you're right...it's Hangsen.
I'll toss it in my custards instead of caramel and see what it does.

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I haven't. The only INW flavor I have is biscuit. It's for Strawberry Shortcake Bar...I think it's notcharlesmanson's recipe on ELR.

Side note:
I got some TFA Peanut Butter. I mixed it with Cap Sugar Cookie and it's really good but it needs something. It tastes exactly like peanut butter wafers. I got the PB for my Custards (still haven't tried it).

Got any simple recipes for PB?

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Sorry PB is another one I just don't care for, at least for vaping anyway.
But... some cream and/or sweetener may help the PB & Sugar Cookie mix.
Possibly some Marshmallow even.
Or adding a small amount of Biscuit but it may overpower.

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You know, I've never tried biscuit alone. You may be on to something.

Comfygirl

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I haven't. The only INW flavor I have is biscuit. It's for Strawberry Shortcake Bar...I think it's notcharlesmanson's recipe on ELR.

Side note:
I got some TFA Peanut Butter. I mixed it with Cap Sugar Cookie and it's really good but it needs something. It tastes exactly like peanut butter wafers. I got the PB for my Custards (still haven't tried it).

Strawberry shortcake bar?

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah....I don't like TFA Strawberry.... I do like the Strawberry Ripe. Maybe I'll try it using INW Shisha Strawberry.
I sub Strawberry Ripe with Red Touch and TFA Strawberry with Capella's. I make it a little different each time (same for most recipes).
It's is very good with TFA Strawberry and Ripe but you only need 1/2 to 3/4 as much ripe if you like big smooth clouds.
Knocking back the Strawberry actually lets all the biscuit, cake and cookie come out imo.

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@whiteowl84 I tried fresh which was very good but after 4 week it's excellent; made 120ml batch. Please share any variation/change (if there are)? Thanks so much again

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is my first time posting one of my blends anywhere. If there's good feedback, I'll post the rest. You guys should have most of this stuff.
This has been tweaked 3 times since I got a good foundation.

I don't time steep. I put it in 120ml glass Boston bottles and put it in a bag in the crockpot. 24 hours on low simulates about a month.
It's a good shake and vape but it gets much better. The egg/butter notes pop a bit more.
HI @whiteowl84 I had give this juice to a friend and he loved it. But was unable to find the recipe so I am posting this here may be will help someone too. Thanks again for your contribution.

Vanilla Custard v3 by whiteowl84
2% TFA Caramel
2% CAP New York CheeseCake
2% CAP Sweet Cream
3% CAP Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
9% CAP Vanilla Custard v1

Blueberry Custard v3 by whiteowl84
2% FW Blueberry
2% TFA Blueberry Extra
1% TFA Caramel Original
2% CAP New York CheeseCake
2% CAP Sweet Cream