Become a Patron!

WHO IS WAITING FOR THANKSGIVING DAY SALE?

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I do not buy into the holiday greed ideal.
Deals a plenty all the time just need to look for them.

I find the better deals at year end and right before tax time.

USMC8497

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I do not buy into the holiday greed ideal.
Deals a plenty all the time just need to look for them.

Agreed, most retailer outlets up their prices and then post "HOLIDAY SALES". In actuality, you are not getting that good of a deal. Also, like @BigNasty said there are deals "all the time you just need to look for them". Prices are a lot easier to cross check today, then they were 30 years ago when you had to drive around and check prices everywhere. Today you can just look them online through multiple stores.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Agreed, most retailer outlets up their prices and then post "HOLIDAY SALES". In actuality, you are not getting that good of a deal. Also, like @BigNasty said there are deals "all the time you just need to look for them". Prices are a lot easier to cross check today, then they were 30 years ago when you had to drive around and check prices everywhere. Today you can just look them online through multiple stores.
Truth.
Post thankgiving bullshit, 5 days before Christmas was in need of a TV for mom. She was facing a long recovery from surgery.
Went to Best buy pre black friday saw a tv. Got the info on it and headed home for reviews.
That TV dropped price 4 more times from black firday to when I bought it for under 200 bucks before Christmas. 50" lcd samsung.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Truth.
Post thankgiving bullshit, 5 days before Christmas was in need of a TV for mom. She was facing a long recovery from surgery.
Went to Best buy pre black friday saw a tv. Got the info on it and headed home for reviews.
That TV dropped price 4 more times from black firday to when I bought it for under 200 bucks before Christmas. 50" lcd samsung.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If there is something I really need that is on sale, I will buy it. Other than that, I do not shop around the holidays at all and with the way people are nowadays I will limit my holiday shopping to online from now on. Way too many assholes out there. Last time I went black Friday shopping, these fucking punk kids were standing in front of a video game case blocking it. I asked them politely to move so I could see the games. One of them moved a few inches, then moved right back. I said excuse me again and the motherfucker didn't even turn around. Then one of them turned around to answer his phone or something and I stepped right the fuck in his spot. One of the other kids, weighing all of a buck ten soaking wet, stared at me like he was going to do something about it. I stared right the fuck back and after a minute or two his bitch ass stopped staring. After that experience I decided never again. I can hold my own, but I don't need to deal with punk fucking bitches.

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Truth.
That's how it always goes with consumer electronics. They sell all of the old, just as good ones off of the market so that they can sell you the new ones with one or two new features at over 200% markup. And by the end of the following year, those will be dirt cheap, too.

Anything with a DNA board in it will just always be too expensive for what it actually is, though. Those things don't drop for shit, from what I can tell.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Got mine over the weekend Regular $3400 for a sale of $1800
11036411_968728723165319_3134151613260676775_n.jpg 12249914_968728796498645_5353583690802382179_n.jpg 12227774_968729496498575_7453081431835618184_n.jpg 12239881_968728866498638_5961278356056230421_n.jpg 12249914_968728796498645_5353583690802382179_n.jpg

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Eh, I usually don't engage in the Black Friday madness. This year I might, however. As I posted in another thread: I'd like a stick-style VW battery for my Mini Protank 3. One of the LVS' has iStick VV4s, but their normal price is hard to swallow. On Black Friday they'll be discounting things and the adjusted price will end-up damn close to what I'd pay on line. Anytime I can buy it locally for about the same price as I'd pay on line: I will.

John C

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ej1024, aside from the somewhat cynical replies thus far, I agree with you totally...at least in the vape world, I love holiday sales, which usually are genuine great buys. I tend to spend way too much during these things. July 4th put a huge hole in my wallet. T-day, however, ole JohnC's got no $$ to blow!

VU Sponsors