1. DOMINATE: VAPING UNDERGROUND WINS BEST VAPE FORUM OF 2016
    CLICK HERE FOR THE VU THREAD AND RESULTS

Who know the definitions of electronic cigarette and vapor

Discussion in 'What are electronic cigarettes?' started by rock2011, Mar 7, 2016.

1. rock2011

rock2011 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Who know the definitions of electronic cigarette and vapor? Are they different?
    I think vapor is a big electronic cigarette, and electronic cigarette is small. Right?

2. robot zombie

robot zombie Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    "Electronic cigarette" is an obsolete and toxic term at this point. I goes back to a time when the most common vapes were designed to resemble cigarettes. They are marketed as e-cigs in order to appeal to smokers, their main target audience.

You don't call a box mod with an RDA on it an "electronic cigarette", you call it a "personal vaporizer" or simply a "vape." The problem here is that neither of them are cigarettes. They're the exact same devices: vaporizers.

I and many others in the vape scene as a whole dislike the term electronic cigarette. Even for the ones that resemble cigarettes, the similarities end there. Nothing about what they do or how they work is anything like smoking. And that's not to mention the fact that a cigarette, by definition, is meant to emit smoke.

It's just bullshit lawyer-speak that's used to skew perceptions on vaping in favor of stricter legislation. When you talk about legislating vaping, it's easier to make people compare the two unnecessarily by making it a conversation of "electronic cigarettes" versus "tobacco cigarettes." It's used only to mislead the public about what they do and how they work.

They're all just vapes to me. None of them emit smoke, meaning they are not in any way, shape or form cigarettes.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
    noejuice, outwest and DED420 like this.
  3. hollynorth

hollynorth New Member

Blog Posts:
    Vaping is characterized as the demonstration of take in water vapor through an individual vaporizer. Or E-cigarettes are battery worked inhalers that comprise of a rechargeable battery.

4. Trueman ecig Yilia

Trueman ecig Yilia New Member

Blog Posts:
    Sorry i don't know either, but i also want to know the different, it sames many people prefer"Vapor"

5. robot zombie

robot zombie Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Well, yeah... ...because that's what it is! :p

A vape and an e-cig are the exact same thing. They both consist of a battery that drives current to a coil, which heats up and vaporizes a mixture of PG, VG, nicotine, and food flavorings that has been soaked into absorbent material packed into the coil. The difference is in what they imply. When you call a vape an e-cig, it paints a different picture.

What do you do with a cigarette? You smoke it. So then, to somebody who isn't familiar with vaping, what do they assume you do with an e-cig? The obvious conclusion is that you are smoking on your e-cig.

Not making a clear designation for vaping makes people get funny ideas about what we're doing and it fuels all of the propaganda that gets flung at vaping. It tricks people's minds into making connections to smoking that aren't there and makes them more inclined to believe that it's much more toxic than it is, because smoking is notorious for being terrible on the body. They start thinking they're more similar than they are. And I can understand that assumption. When you think that e-cigarettes and actual cigarettes are in the same class, then it's only logical to assume that they carry the same risks.

The whole idea with vaping is that you're not smoking. You're only pretending to smoke. In a physical and biological sense, vaping is night-and-day to smoking. That needs to be made immediately clear to people who aren't familiar with it. To us, the terms "e-cig" and "vape" mean the same thing. Not so true for the rest of the world.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016