Become a Patron!

Who makes the best blueberry concentrate?

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just got FW blueberry and its wonderful. I can only say from that and INW but that one is way too heavy on the chemical taste and i find it nasty. My husband, on the other hand, likes it

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just got FW blueberry and its wonderful. I can only say from that and INW but that one is way too heavy on the chemical taste and i find it nasty. My husband, on the other hand, likes it

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
I ordered FW's and thought it was too light but when I cranked it up had problems with muting other flavors and the blueberry too....maybe I just got bad luck or something. The shisha bilberry had a slight sourness to it but it seemed mainly sweet and light I dont think its meant to be a single flavor? havent mixed with it but he told me it was a background blueberry for body.

Last edited:

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got FA lime distilled from BCV and its a bit more clear than the one from ECX. Having harshness issues with some cold pressed that I JUST bought, it seems to have a harsh throat hit to it almost like nic does(round.5%), and yes I always shake 'em lol. Anyways got me wondering if the FW blueberry from there was no good or something....I would hate to buy a flavor and X it off the list of good ones, only to find out it was just a bad bottle and not the flavor itself :facepalm:

jambi

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I posted this in another thread by accident but this is where it belongs.

OK. So Bilberry got the top vote on this thread as far as I can tell. I received my latest flavor delivery from the post woman today which included a 30ml of FA Bilberry (bought due to this thread). I was excited as I have never tried it and all the rave reviews. I must say that out of the 3 blueberry flavors that I currently use, I like this one the least! Totally disappointed. I tried it solo @ 3%, then 5%, upped it to 10% and went as high as 15%. This flavor is extremely weak in my opinion. On a new build I could barely even taste the flavor. What I could taste is an artificial, slightly plasticy, unpleasent tone to my otherwise 100% VG mixture. I proceeded to drip my organic blueberry (less than 10% mix) on the same build (after a few ml of testing Bilberry) and YUM. Sooooo much better, totally blueberry and no grossness. Maybe I'm just accustom to 100% organic but Natures Flavors blueberry IMO is far superior to Bilberry. I honestly don't think I will use the rest of this 30ml bottle. Just not good or tasty. I know I'm the minority and taste is subjective but this is not even close for me.
Interesting. I find FA Bilberry useful at very low percents, but higher than 1% it starts mutating other flavors in strange ways and develops a sickly sweet flavor I do not like. Just the aroma of it is strange and unpleasant for me. I don't consider it a replacement for "blueberry". I find FA Blackcurrant a better alternative, though it's closer to a blackberry than blueberry.

I mix these...
1 part TFA Wild
1 part TFA Extra
1 part FW Blueberry
and use it for anything that calls for TFA, FW, or CAP blueberry. I think they're much better combined.

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Interesting. I find FA Bilberry useful at very low percents, but higher than 1% it starts mutating other flavors in strange ways and develops a sickly sweet flav....
I will have to try this combo.....I FINALLY realized where the muting was coming from and my bilberry had gone bad. Couldnt believe it, almost 3/4 of a 10 ml bought back in MAY of THIS year(from BCV). Doesnt smell or taste like anything anymore and anything I put it in goes flat if not immediately, soon after.
First time I tried Bilberry I used around 2% and it was awful for me, quite a few times I added flavors to save the mixbut nothing over powered it.......one day I tried Black Currant and it turned the whole sourness around to have a sweetness to it. Thanks for the tip too im gonna try black currant to back the blueberries in the future and see how it works- I thought it tasted like a sour black cherry myself, but I could definitely see blackberry too :D
--Also wanna add I LOVE blueberry jam CAP with bilberry....Jam is very sweet to me but def a GOOD blueberry even as a main player

Last edited:

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Interesting. I find FA Bilberry useful at very
I mix these...
1 part TFA Wild
1 part TFA Extra
1 part FW Blueberry
and use it for anything that calls for TFA, FW, or CAP blueberry. I think they're much better combined.

I wanted to ask do you think that fw blueberry has sweetener that causes maybe a tad fading in it or no way? I was gonna order another bottle because I hadnt fully got to test it by the time it was out. I just got cap blueberry and not liking the smell of it but I also got Inawera blueberry and it smells great! Black currant is a bit too bitter for me, I use it similar to bilberry...just .25% or less usually. I got Fa blackberry and woah thats another potent one. My most promising smelling recent flavor is Fw natural blackberry, cant wait to mix with it! Im betting that it will help back blueberries well...I have to try Tpa blueberry wild I think Ecx only has the Tpa bb extra one and I didnt care for that. I agree a combo will likely be the best route, it makes em more rounded and geared towards your own taste prefernces. I will update on a favorite after trying the new ones. I think I have about 8 now smh

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I also got Inawera blueberry and it smells great!

Been wanting to try that one for some time now, just haven't bought any yet.
CAP Blueberry has a darker taste I think.
FW Blueberry I get a metallic taste sometimes, but works OK if mixed with other BB brands.
Don't think it has any sweeteners added tho.

BTW FE Blackberry from ECX is my current favorite around 1.6%.
Cheaper than VZ-SC and tastes identical to me anyway.
Other Blackberry flavor brands are pretty strong too IMO.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Been wanting to try that one for some time now, just haven't bought any yet.

INW Blueberry (Czarne Jagody) is on my Top Ten list of the Worst Flavors I've ever tried.

Ron
---
"Every strike brings me closer to the next home run."- Babe Ruth

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
INW Blueberry (Czarne Jagody) is on my Top Ten list of the Worst Flavors I've ever tried.

Ron
---

That's kind of why I've held off buying some, as I've heard this from a few others as well...

jambi

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I wanted to ask do you think that fw blueberry has sweetener that causes maybe a tad fading in it or no way? I was gonna order another bottle because I hadnt fully got to test it by the time it was out. I just got cap blueberry and not liking the smell of it but I also got Inawera blueberry and it smells great! Black currant is a bit too bitter for me, I use it similar to bilberry...just .25% or less usually. I got Fw blackberry and woah thats another potent one. My most promising smelling recent flavor is Fw natural blackberry, cant wait to mix with it! Im betting that it will help back blueberries well...I have to try Tpa blueberry wild I think Ecx only has the Tpa bb extra one and I didnt care for that. I agree a combo will likely be the best route, it makes em more rounded and geared towards your own taste prefernces. I will update on a favorite after trying the new ones. I think I have about 8 now smh

I don't use FW Blueberry alone in anything, mainly because it's weak, or maybe it's not weak and rather prone to fading as you mentioned. I like it because it has a certain note that sets it apart from the two TFA's, which is why I mix them.

I haven't tried CAP Blueberry. I did not like the INW, granted I never tried mixing with it. A solo test was enough to tell me it wasn't a flavor I was going to be able to work with, so I traded it. Wish I hadn't done that, I'd like to give it another chance.

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Flavor Concentrates www.flavorconcentrates.com. all natural. Not a concentrated as the other brands but a true blueberry flavor.
6$ a 10 ml plus I have to use more of it? Im weary of buying any more expensive flavors, taste is so subjective and if I dont like it im out a lot more and stuck with it. Is there a section here users can trade unwanted flavorings by chance? Could very well help a lot of mixers out. I trade with one guy locally sometimes but getting a vape-mail I only payed shipping for might be nice .....
Also thanks for the input on blueberry fwI may stay away from another bottle for now. I traded my bb extra on account I didnt care much for it and yet in combo with other stuff now im thinkin I shoulda held it to test more too

Last edited:

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Im also thinking a good boysenberry or blackberry may do the same job backing blueberries. Cant wait to use Fw natural blackberry, the regular one seemed to fade my mixes. It may have been the fruit combos I was using so i will be testing it some more but it did taste great though!

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Im also thinking a good boysenberry or blackberry may do the same job backing blueberries. Cant wait to use Fw natural blackberry, the regular one seemed to fade my mixes. It may have been the fruit combos I was using so i will be testing it some more but it did taste great though!

I've used a bit of FE Blackberry with Blueberry before, seem to help some, but tends to change the taste a bit also.
But it's good all by itself around 1.6%, or add in 1% INW Shisha Vanilla + 1% FA Marshmallow:D.
+ 1% INW Biscuit Optional.
CAP Blackberry is also fair to decent...

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
6$ a 10 ml plus I have to use more of it? Im weary of buying any more expensive flavors, taste is so subjective and if I dont like it im out a lot more and stuck with it. Is there a section here users can trade unwanted flavorings by chance? Could very well help a lot of mixers out. I trade with one guy locally sometimes but getting a vape-mail I only payed shipping for might be nice .....
Also thanks for the input on blueberry fwI may stay away from another bottle for now. I traded my bb extra on account I didnt care much for it and yet in combo with other stuff now im thinkin I shoulda held it to test more too
The question was who makes the best Blueberry concentrate.
Best I have tried.

Use as much or as little as you like. Never a chemical or candy taste.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Im weary of buying any more expensive flavors, taste is so subjective and if I dont like it im out a lot more and stuck with it.

Understandable, and for me it makes it very tough to accurately respond to those threads regarding the cost of making juice.

I feel the cost of sometimes getting a loser flavor more than makes up for perhaps not ever sampling a winning flavor. :popcorn:

Ron
---
"If it's hard to remember, it'll be difficult to forget."- Arnold Schwarzenegger

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Taste is subjective and also painful to me for many flavorings.
Many/most of the INW and TFA flavorings and many CAP flavoings have some ingredient in them that cause me physical grief.
Inside of mouth goes all puffy and sore, Loss of taste for a couple of days and throat and lung irritation.
Also I cannot tolerate any artificial sweetener which is why I use Clear NuStevia sweetener.

I wind up tossing at least 1/2 of the flavorings I try.

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Taste is subjective and also painful to me for many flavorings.
Many/most of the INW and TFA flavorings and many CAP flavoings have some ingredient in them that cause me physical grief.
Inside of mouth goes all puffy and sore, Loss of taste for a couple of days and throat and lung irritation.
Also I cannot tolerate any artificial sweetener which is why I use Clear NuStevia sweetener.

I wind up tossing at least 1/2 of the flavorings I try.

Definitely agree with that because Inw lime or the raspberry were both bad to me but many people like em. Dont toss flavors though, trade em or give em to somebody!! Lol it gives your money a little life again instead of watchin it swirl down the drain.... I heard stevia clogs coils, whats your experience?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Definitely agree with that because Inw lime or the raspberry were both bad to me but many people like em. Dont toss flavors though, trade em or give em to somebody!! Lol it gives your money a little life again instead of watchin it swirl down the drain.... I heard stevia clogs coils, whats your experience?
Not bad. I go 2-3 weeks on a wicking in a Subtank Mini RBA.
That Clear NuStevia is all I have ever used though.
It is liquid in a PG base. I suspect the baking stevia powder and such is not so good for coils.

Yeah people raved to me about the INW Shisha Strawberry. Bought some and it was horribly chemical So I did not even make it to the get my mouth sore test.
Flavorings that fail the make my mouth sore deal usually cause my lips to tingle a bit within a ml or so.

EarnestAccord

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Interesting. I find FA Bilberry useful at very low percents, but higher than 1% it starts mutating other flavors in strange ways and develops a sickly sweet flavor I do not like. Just the aroma of it is strange and unpleasant for me. I don't consider it a replacement for "blueberry". I find FA Blackcurrant a better alternative, though it's closer to a blackberry than blueberry.

I mix these...
1 part TFA Wild
1 part TFA Extra
1 part FW Blueberry

Blueberry is a hard one for me. I've struck out 3 times in finding THE single Blueberry concentrate that nails it. I've settled something close to your brand selection. I like FA Bilberry and its very useful with blueberry bakery recipes. Out of my three BB's, FA's can push through and hold its own against AP & Creams, I do have to up it to .5% but it brings a great depth. With that said, when not in such heavey recipes, I have to keep it the background. It can quickly bring a musty note. That sounds worse than it actually is, but it doesn't work.

FA Bilberry ..................(.25%)
TFA Blueberry Extra.... (3%)
FW Blueberry............... (2%)

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I love their raspberry and their lime is pretty good as well. Lol...
But I hate TFA Sweet Raspberry which a lot of people love... go figure.

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I mix half TFA Wild Blueberry and TFA Blueberry Extra most of the time.
Similarly, I do the same with Strawberry... I seem to like layering multiple fruits to obtain the perfect one.

Citizen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
FA bilberry. So authentic tasting me. Really strong flavor, so start at .5 to 1%. Ymmv.

Sent from my stupid iPhone because I don't have an Android.
I have to go even lower than that! I swear one drop and I can taste it! For me it's FW Blueberry. I don't know if it's quite the authentic you're after though. Even though it's not my thing, for what you're after I'm going to have to agree with Huck on this one.

i mix FA Bilberry 0.5% with another BB like BB extra and wild, vbic and bav cream.
steep 1 week but still parfumey and alcoholy.

how much time to steep when using FA billberry?

Citizen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i mix FA Bilberry 0.5% with another BB like BB extra and wild, vbic and bav cream.

Like I said, I never really managed to work it into my regular rotation. FW Blueberry seems to do it for me. There's some FA Bilberry experts on this forum though so I'm sure you'll get some insight pretty soon.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

I could never get the perfume thing to go away so I quit using FA Bilberry.
Just try leaving that one out and mix the other 2 Blueberries at 3% each to start.
Then 4% VBIC + 1-2% Bavarian Cream(or other creams).
Or add 1-2 drops Bilberry to the mix above if you must.
Bavarian Cream might need longer steeping tho.
Sweet Cream & TFA Dairy Milk don't really need but 24hrs IMO.
CAP VBIC gets better in a week, but TFA doesn't need much time either.

Last edited:

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Like I said, I never really managed to work it into my regular rotation. FW Blueberry seems to do it for me. There's some FA Bilberry experts on this forum though so I'm sure you'll get some insight pretty soon.
I just use less of it like .1-.25% usually, a couple drops goes a long way with bilberry! Different flavors tend to boost it more to the front though I think. It does well at opposing extremely sweet stuff and giving it a sour kick imo..... perfect for rounding out really sweet blueberry flavorings!

Citizen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've tried that in the past but now you've inspired me to give it another go. I've come a long way in mixing since then.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
no one IMHO by itself needs sour or sweetner to enable it to resemble blueberries which kinda makes sense real blueberries on their own without being ripe are kinda bland

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've tried that in the past but now you've inspired me to give it another go. I've come a long way in mixing since then.
Meant to quote @estranged (haha My Bad Citizen!), but do lemme know if you end up using it on the regular! I have been pretty picky and had bad experiences with a ton of blueberry and blue-razz. It seems my idea of bb/br is just odd or theyre tough flavorings to get right:grumpy:

Citizen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What I think it is for me honestly, is the first Blueberry juice I had through my first Kayfun. It was from the first vape shop I started going to. Really laid back, cool folks. I loved this blueberry custard they had. So when I started mixing I asked the owner what company the blueberry flavoring came from. Not only did he disclose that it was FW, but he gave me the whole recipe. I've just always kind of been locked into that taste.

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My favorite tasting blueberry combo so far right now is: FW BB@2%, CAP BB Jam@1%, and FA [email protected]%. I think I am going to get another bottle of the FW and maybe try the FE blackberry @Heabob suggested but BTW I dont think I am going to use the CAP reg. BB or the INW reg. BB much. INW one is definitely one that will easily take over a mix at low %s and CAPs just doesnt taste like blueberries or anything specific to me....just sweet. I have been happy with the FW Natural ones for the most part, hoping they have a Nat. BB come out soon.....

EarnestAccord

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Im also thinking a good boysenberry or blackberry may do the same job backing blueberries.
CAP Blackberry while not a definitive "blackberry" flavor is a GREAT sweetener for anything berry. I use it in my Rhodanite remix recipe to sweeten INWA Raz as it's pretty tart.

Citizen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good day today! I take back what I said about Bilberry. I desperately wanted to mix up a bottle of Deeks Blueberry Custard and saw that it required FA Bilberry. I hucked the other bottle I had before so I reluctantly ordered another. Well, I must have gotten a bad bottle last time because I actually enjoy it now. That or my tastes have changed in the past few months. Just to make sure, I mixed it single flavor and it was excellent! It's still really strong but it actually tastes good!

Last edited:

Citizen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Makes me wonder if I had the same issue a long time ago when I tried it.
I can't tell you where the order was from either. It was in the original FA bottle though. I'm just really happy that I can use it now. It has a distinct tart and earthiness. There's a musty thing going on also if you up the percentage. The bottle I had before was just overly musty no matter how little I used.

It plays nice with Cap Blueberry in a mix. 8 parts CAP to one part FA. Thanks Deeks.

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
the wifes favorite blueberry http://www.bullcityflavors.com/blueberry-sc/ i never use more than a couple percents if she really wants dominant blueberry otherwise around 1% or less is good
Hey @wllmc are the SC flavors no warning or is msds not available? Saw this one on Bcv and was gonna try it along with the SC coconut. Not familiar but I dont like to use much flavoring anyway so they sound like my type of company. One of my favorite parts about FA is reliability of potency in most their flavorings.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Hey @wllmc are the SC flavors no warning or is msds not available? Saw this one on Bcv and was gonna try it along with the SC coconut. Not familiar but I dont like to use much flavoring anyway so they sound like my type of company. One of my favorite parts about FA is reliability of potency in most their flavorings.
I dont remember who makes them off the top O' my head but Id lean towards they just dont provide a lot of info. I do like the ones I have tried and they havent gave me the impression I should worry, only speaking of the few I have tried though. they dont have that "off" taste like a lot of the inawera do. if that sense not very poetic tonight lol. they are potent lol. that bluberry smells like hell especially if you have a sensitive smell and tasters but mixed up its pretty good. I really like the strawberry. it fits a lot of recipes. I havent tried the coconut but its on my try list. they make an esspresso or something also that is really good ... ill just have to try and find some notes, i guess i have liked all of them i have tried though

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Ron
---

Although I've never tried that one due to mostly bad reviews the INW Blue Dwarf is a pretty good "Blueberry like" flavor.
Think it has something else in it that I can't quite figure out yet.
But haven't tried it yet as stand alone as I'm adding in some Blueberry Wild or Blueberry Extra.
Or mixing in with INW YC Bubblegum.

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@VAPESWAPSHOP I think i spoke wrong about the esspresso. this is what I was talking about http://www.bullcityflavors.com/caramel-cream-puff-sc/ it reminds me of a coffee flavor and I usually add a pinch of FA espresso . comes out pretty awesome. its worth trying for sure just to try
Sc Blueberry is GREAT thanks!! Even 2% solo is good, not quite as strong after a month steep though. Has a candy and natural twist to it, seems it may be one that changes with percentages used.

VU Sponsors