Become a Patron!

Who's got the best Black & Mild flavor?

Cavediver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd like to start work on a substitute for one of my all-time favorites: El Kamino by Good Life Vapor. Their description of the flavor:
A tobacco that has background notes of graham, cocoa, hint of sweet. Reminds me of a Mild, sort of Blackish cigar (hint hint), but I'll leave it up to you to see what you taste in it.

Last night I received a batch of flavors that included FA Cocoa, and I think it's perfect for this juice. I've been happy with TFA Graham thus far, so now I need to start working on the tobacco end of things. To be honest, I really don't taste much if any tobacco in it, but it's got something deeper going on than just the cocoa.

Thanks!

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ECX has Black Mile and Black MIle Plus, Vaping Zone has Black Cigar. Out of those 3 I liked the VZ one best but Black Mile was OK too.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I actually really like TFA's mild black. Very smooth.

DB Cigs

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Give azure vapings "black jack" a try for this mix, may be what you are looking for?

Cavediver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ROTFLMAO!
Ask 10 people the same question and get 10 different answers! Lol!
Thanks all! Looks like a couple of votes for VZ and TFA, so I'll probably start there. I've written the rest of these down just in case they don't do the trick.

I found Seedman(?) Captain Black on my inventory sheet (ordered from WL). I must have mixed a small sample of it and thought it was terrible, 'cause it's not in my flavor rack. I'll dig through the rest of my stuff and see if I can find it and give it another go.

Nikki-Azure

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Azure Vaping has Robs Blackjack it tastes like a black and mild smells

retrox

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, the thing with the VZ BC is that it has a very prominent chocolate note that is quite similar to the one found in El Kamino. I've got a bottle of each in front of me right now, and my nose tells me that it's pretty damn close. EK smells like VZ BC with a hint of banana.

retrox

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry, EK = El Kamino. Also one of my favorites from GLV, I always have at least a 30ml on hand. It's one of the few juices I still buy, mainly because I need something to support my local B&M. If I were keen to clone it, VZ BC is definitely one of the ingredients I'd start experimenting with.

Cavediver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oops.. Should had that.
Lol.
Banana huh? Interesting. That's something I haven't noticed. Either I can't smell / taste it, or I just don't recognize it. Either way, The VZ flavor is on the hit list for this week.
I don't think I'll actually be able to clone it, I just want something close. I'm just hoping for something to help cut the consumption of EK :) It and April Moon by AiV are the only two I buy these days.

Cavediver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
just a hint.. if you can get it close..
try mixing in a bit of the ek with the newer stuff.. you might be happy with the results.. :D
Funny you should say that... Today I vaped HIC's Cocoa Cookie after draining my Kayfun of EK. The cocoa part is there and pretty accurate, and the two mixed together would be a damn good vape :)

Cavediver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I've received the VZ Black Cigar and have the TFA Mild Black on the way.
Uncapping the VZ, I definitely get the scent of both tobacco and chocolate. Vaping it at the recommended 2.5%, I think I'm getting a bit of an ashtray / real smoking taste. Is that just me, or does it really have that element?

Can anyone tell me what kind of a steep time the VZ-BC should have? I've got my first mix of Black Cigar, Cocoa, and Graham resting on the counter, and would like to know how long it'll be before I get a true flavor from it.

Thanks again everyone, I appreciate the help!

disco180

Member For 4 Years
This thread just stopped dead in its tracks...what happened? Cavediver what where your final results? I myself mix

3% VZ Black Cigar
0.5% FA Cocoa
0.5 TFA AP

Cavediver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol. I've mostly been laying off of both the El Kamino and the B&M substitutes. I need to let those taste buds rest for a bit before I go back to it.

I think I've discovered that the graham I was tasting in the El Kamino isn't really graham (or at least not all graham). I think it's some sort of cinnamon or cinnamon sugar. I'm going to wait another week or two and then fire up a fresh dripper to see what I really taste in the last of my EK, and then get back to mixing a substitute.

One thing I did discover: I like the VZ black cigar quite a bit. A bit of cocoa in it really brings out the chocolate notes. I hadn't thought to try it with AP though; that's an interesting idea and I'll definitely revisit it after my next EK experiments are under way.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
don't forget your additives, ya'll..

white vinegar for light tobbys
apple cider vinegar for dark tobbys
saline
lemon/lime
ap

tuscan is very nice.. :)

but my fav still is the ecx black mile + :D

retrox

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I myself took a long break (well, long in vaping days :p) from El Kamino. Stocked up on High Five at VapeMania, and it's officially bumped EK from the top of my GLV favorite list. Came back to EK with fresh buds today, and I'm still absolutely tasting a hint of banana in there. Just a faint backnote on the exhale. It's more of a candied banana rather than an authentic, very similar to Flavor West's variant.

Maybe some brown sugar as well?

Cavediver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I myself took a long break (well, long in vaping days :p) from El Kamino. Stocked up on High Five at VapeMania, and it's officially bumped EK from the top of my GLV favorite list. Came back to EK with fresh buds today, and I'm still absolutely tasting a hint of banana in there. Just a faint backnote on the exhale. It's more of a candied banana rather than an authentic, very similar to Flavor West's variant.

Maybe some brown sugar as well?

I've tried to be good and stick to my home brew stuff, but you've twisted my arm a little bit with that comment, so I guess I'll have to place an order...

What are you using to vape the EK? Dripper or something else?

retrox

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm right around 20 watts on a cotton-wicked Kayfun. Man, I had almost forgotten how good this stuff is. :D

VU Sponsors