I gotta ask cause I dunno… o_O

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
1st, there are 2 vinegars..

white (clear) vinegar

good for fruits and light tasting! flavors..

apple cider vinegar

good for the darker flavorings

why add it? some say it speeds up steeping.. I can say, it does give a texture taste..

and vinegar does have good health benefits. :p

chickenmonkey

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Does anyone use lemon juice?

GargoyleK1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
1st, there are 2 vinegars..

white (clear) vinegar

good for fruits and light tasting! flavors..

apple cider vinegar

good for the darker flavorings

why add it? some say it speeds up steeping.. I can say, it does give a texture taste..

and vinegar does have good health benefits. :p
Does is bring out the taste like saline does? And what do you mean by texture?

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
it will make certain things "pop", so yes..
and texture.. sometimes smooth, and round, and sometimes more pronounced..

GargoyleK1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Do you add it like flavor… Just a little to taste kind of thing??

GargoyleK1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
1 or 2 drops is what I normally use..
if I make larger batches of juice, I aim for .5-1% depending on the recipe
Okay… So lets say a 30ml batch… 1 to 2 drops?? Or more? I'm sorry for all the questions @Smoky Blue I am just trying to be sure here… I have a couple of melon type flavors I don't feel pop very much.. Kinda light fruits. So I'd like to try this out and see what I get for results.

So I am picking yer brain… :)

Thanks for the help!!!!

chickenmonkey

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just added 6 drops of lemon juice to a 30ml bottle and wow, the flavour has really popped. I will be cutting down the rest of the flavour % in the next batch.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I have heard that it it helps with high VG mixes to prevent gunking up coils?

But this is something that Miss Blue could better answer.

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've read a few people say that it helps things pop AT FIRST, but then flavors flatten and mute quickly. I can say that I haven't found that to always be the case. I use ACV in a couple dark flavored liquids, and found that they wouldn't be the same without it. It helps round them out and soften sharp edges.

I've used lemon juice to the same effect in fruits, and it also gives it a LITTLE tartness.

For both, 3 drops per 10ml.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Okay… So lets say a 30ml batch… 1 to 2 drops?? Or more? I'm sorry for all the questions @Smoky Blue I am just trying to be sure here… I have a couple of melon type flavors I don't feel pop very much.. Kinda light fruits. So I'd like to try this out and see what I get for results.

So I am picking yer brain… :)

Thanks for the help!!!!

normally its 1-2 drops per 10ml.. Sorry!! but! for the amount you used, it shouldn't be bad. Make sure it is the white, for fruits and other light flavors.
Same thing with Lemon & Lime Juice (for fruits) <I wouldn't use those 2 on tobaccos, but.. try it out on some white chocolate.. even drinks.. You might be surprised..

I just added 6 drops of lemon juice to a 30ml bottle and wow, the flavour has really popped. I will be cutting down the rest of the flavour % in the next batch.

Yes, it will make flavors stand out.. depending on what it is.. sometimes it is also used as a "smoother" too..;)

I have heard that it it helps with high VG mixes to prevent gunking up coils?

But this is something that Miss Blue could better answer.

MmmmMMhmm.. laying off EM and sweeteners would be that.. as for vinegar keeping coils gunk free.. no..

*side topic.. if you drip.. pull your wick out.. heat your coil up.. using distilled water, splash some on your dripper.. fire it up till it stops making noises.. and do it again, until your coils are brand new again.. my coil I have now is running for the last 45 days.. not shabby..

I've read a few people say that it helps things pop AT FIRST, but then flavors flatten and mute quickly. I can say that I haven't found that to always be the case. I use ACV in a couple dark flavored liquids, and found that they wouldn't be the same without it. It helps round them out and soften sharp edges.

I've used lemon juice to the same effect in fruits, and it also gives it a LITTLE tartness.

For both, 3 drops per 10ml.

I don't know on "flattening".. smoothing, yes.. but never have I run into flat.. unless it is old juice and then I reserve that for the ant hills :p

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I haven't tried real lemon juice or ACV yet. I have used lemon flavor concentrate a few times and it seems to also make flavors pop a little, adds a very slight tartness, and takes shaper notes down a bit.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vinegar tastes... like vinegar. I find the aftertaste awful. I use malic acid myself (available at your local chemist for pennies, or from TFA under the name "Sour" at usury prices). It just tastes acid/sour, without any unwanted flavor. It does seem to help with keeping the coil clean a little longer, but it tends to fog up plastic tanks if you use a lot of it.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
sour = icky!

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
and, good moring Bue!

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Vinegar tastes... like vinegar. I find the aftertaste awful. I use malic acid myself (available at your local chemist for pennies, or from TFA under the name "Sour" at usury prices). It just tastes acid/sour, without any unwanted flavor. It does seem to help with keeping the coil clean a little longer, but it tends to fog up plastic tanks if you use a lot of it.

If! you use it as I suggested.. it is tasteless..

and, good moring Bue!

Morning Celtic.. busy day here moving furniture around and cleaning.. :)

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
oh shit! I got my kids cleaning as we speak....hehehehe.

VU Sponsors