Become a Patron!

Why are Vape Forums so Fucking Evil!

Drum71

I apologize for not being normal!
VU Donator
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
come hang out in 'post your builds'. theres a ton of info in there, and a bunch of very helpful and experienced builders just waiting to help new people who show up. if you just read from the earlier pages, theres a lot of info on basic builds and details and technique. as time went on, building and the local builders all progressed to the point where the last few months of that thread are full of very complex builds and techniques. just start small and work your way up. hope to see you posting in there at some point :cheers:

Thanks for the tip! I'll check it out now.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I know why.....

-It’s difficult to control your behavior or emotions with mental illness. Your brain rationalizes differently from others, causing you to see situations differently and react differently. Sometimes you’re right, sometimes you’re wrong. Knowing which one it is at the time can prove to be impossible.
-Some people judge/react to your behavior negatively, compounding to your situation.
-You’re too irrational at times to tell between the good and bad people so, you hate everyone as a protective measure.
-You also hate yourself for not being in control like “everyone else” is. (I’m watching my 132 IQ become irrelevant)
-being by yourself and left to your own devices only leads to further detachment from society and uncontrollable negative self-programming.
-Most medications have little benefit and actually cause worse conditions, side effects, and withdrawal symptoms, further causing you grief. (Most of us distrust the FDA, Big Pharma, and Big Tobacco with good reason, right?)

Can’t stay and be happy, can’t leave and be any happier. Catch 22.

I’m not making excuses for anyone’s undesirable behavior, mine included. I see other people reaching for an understanding and I’ve only tried to provide one here.
I’m in a better place for now so, I’m able to explain this better than I could a few days ago. Hopefully, I’m making sense.
I am also here in a humble manner for the purpose of enlightenment, not to scold anyone for misunderstanding. I can’t be alive and not try to “oil” a bad situation, whether or not it affects me.

Being by myself most of the time is what keeps me sane! I already know that I am nothing at all like 99% of everyone else, so going out into the world and trying to "fit in" is the #1 way for me to become suicidally depressed. Staying alone most of the time, other than my husband and son (who both "get me") in the evening is the #1 best way for me to stay more or less content with my life. My social life is the internet, because it has an off switch. :)

It took my last therapist quite a long time to figure out that I am not "alienated", I am that rare bird called a LONER, and whether I'm happy to be that way or not, it's what I am, and fighting it is utterly useless. I'm an only child, so I learned very early how to entertain myself, and I am content in my own company. My best friends are BOOKS.

Andria

Drum71

VU Donator
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Being by myself most of the time is what keeps me sane! I already know that I am nothing at all like 99% of everyone else, so going out into the world and trying to "fit in" is the #1 way for me to become suicidally depressed. Staying alone most of the time, other than my husband and son (who both "get me") in the evening is the #1 best way for me to stay more or less content with my life. My social life is the internet, because it has an off switch. :)

It took my last therapist quite a long time to figure out that I am not "alienated", I am that rare bird called a LONER, and whether I'm happy to be that way or not, it's what I am, and fighting it is utterly useless. I'm an only child, so I learned very early how to entertain myself, and I am content in my own company. My best friends are BOOKS.

Andria

I absolutely agree with the waste of time trying to "fit in" can be.
I also envy that someone understands you. If that were my case, I'd have a lot more piece of mind. I'm guessing that's why it's so important to me to explain myself all the time, it's out of desperation.
I was also an only child but, to a single working mom. That might make the difference in our cases.

Thanks for talking to us/me about this! That in itself put's me at ease.

BearHunter104

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Pretty much a new member here. The very first thing I did was sit back and listen......and still do. Ya can't learn anything by talking.
Enuff said on my part.................VAPE ON

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
come hang out in 'post your builds'. theres a ton of info in there, and a bunch of very helpful and experienced builders just waiting to help new people who show up. if you just read from the earlier pages, theres a lot of info on basic builds and details and technique. as time went on, building and the local builders all progressed to the point where the last few months of that thread are full of very complex builds and techniques. just start small and work your way up. hope to see you posting in there at some point :cheers:
Yep this is for sure not the thread to learn much of anything having any value.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I absolutely agree with the waste of time trying to "fit in" can be.
I also envy that someone understands you. If that were my case, I'd have a lot more piece of mind. I'm guessing that's why it's so important to me to explain myself all the time, it's out of desperation.
I was also an only child but, to a single working mom. That might make the difference in our cases.

Thanks for talking to us/me about this! That in itself put's me at ease.

My mom was that for a couple yrs, but she remarried when I was 7.... I didn't like my stepfather at all when I was a kid, but after I grew up, I realized the reason for that: he made me MIND. :D I lost my mom last year, so now I'm glad that my stepfather is still around; lost my dad in 2006.

Andria

Drum71

VU Donator
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My mom was that for a couple yrs, but she remarried when I was 7.... I didn't like my stepfather at all when I was a kid, but after I grew up, I realized the reason for that: he made me MIND. :D I lost my mom last year, so now I'm glad that my stepfather is still around; lost my dad in 2006.

Andria

I feel for you losing your mom. I am facing that day myself and already know it will be the hardest thing I'll ever go through. If I trust anyone, it's her.

I had a stepfather also, for about 2 years. Useless sit-on-the-couch and "get me a beer" kind of guy. I think I knew more than he did. lol

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
xNvJlRh.gif

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do you mean things that are illegal federally? Or something else?
Vaporjoe said:
The Vaping Underground Forum was created in no small part to secure the future of vaping, one way or another. The VaporJoes Network has been working hard to ensure that our infrastructures and services are safely out of the reach of USA or FDA regulations. We're here to stay, so that your best source for vaping information will continue to be a thriving hub for anyone who has made their choice to embrace this path to tobacco harm reduction.

Freedom of speech and the sharing of knowledge, laws be damned, according to the site founder.

(Of course the domain was registered with Godaddy and the servers are on US soil, so lets hope there isn't an outright ban anytime soon because that would really fuck with the all important Ad revenue, lol)

Last edited:

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Freedom of speech and the sharing of knowledge, laws be damned, according to the site founder.

(Of course the domain was registered with Godaddy and the servers are on US soil, so lets hope there isn't an outright ban anytime soon because that would really fuck with the all important Ad revenue, lol)
You go start an ad free forum and come back and tell us how it works out.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As I may have stated earlier in this thread. Vaping is like smoking just about anyone can do it.
Did you get along with everyone who smoked?
Or everyone who drank beer?

Just because someone vapes does not change their attitudes or outlook on life.
I am just as grumpy now as when I smoked :)

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Reading is fundamental. Comprehension is too.

See ya!
I'm so happy you bringing that up! Might want to read the part about freedom of speech and how it applies to online platforms. I know, I know we all like that freedom of speech and even think we're entitled to it, not just in our country but also online... Not always the case. Now I'm not sure what this topic is about, or your indirect insult towards the forum owners/moderators? But then again I can't be bothered to follow that kindergarten game. Either say it, or just let it go, but I'm damn sure the phrase "freedom of speech" doesn't apply here. Have some fries with that salt, son

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm so happy you bringing that up! Might want to read the part about freedom of speech and how it applies to online platforms. I know, I know we all like that freedom of speech and even think we're entitled to it, not just in our country but also online... Not always the case. Now I'm not sure what this topic is about, or your indirect insult towards the forum owners/moderators? But then again I can't be bothered to follow that kindergarten game. Either say it, or just let it go, but I'm damn sure the phrase "freedom of speech" doesn't apply here. Have some fries with that salt, son
My initial response was to a staff member who claimed that:
FREEDOM OF SPEECH is at the forefront of what Vaping Underground represents.

Then I referenced the site founder who clearly stated that this site would do whatever is necessary to keep the site online, regadless of the law.

I'm not claiming that privately owned forums are subject to freedom of speech laws or policies as we know them, and I'm not suggesting that they should be. I'm just pointing out the clear hypocrisy of the people who run this place. They claim to be a haven for free speech, claim they would willingly disregard state and federal law to allow such discussion if necessary, and simultaneously disallow certain subject matter that is 100% legal to discuss everywhere in north america and most of the free world.

What part isn't clear to you folks?

You can't claim to be champions of free speech out of one side of your mouth, while stifling topics you don't like out of the other side of your mouth. I mean, I guess you can, being a privately owned forum and all, but I'm gonna call them on their bullshit every single time.

I'm not specifying the content in question, because doing so would break the rules set forth by the admins, as stupid as I personally feel those rules happen to be. Get it? Good.

As usual, any dissenting opinions result in a traditional VU clique-mob circle jerk. I would expect nothing less.

Now everyone get your "likes" in on every opposing post, as usual. Lol, classic VU.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My initial response was to a staff member who claimed that:

Then I referenced the site founder who clearly stated that this site would do whatever is necessary to keep the site online, regadless of the law.

I'm not claiming that privately owned forums are subject to freedom of speech laws or policies as we know them, and I'm not suggesting that they should be. I'm just pointing out the clear hypocrisy of the people who run this place. They claim to be a haven for free speech, claim they would willingly disregard state and federal law to allow such discussion if necessary, and simultaneously disallow certain subject matter that is 100% legal to discuss everywhere in north america and most of the free world.

What part isn't clear to you folks?

You can't claim to be champions of free speech out of one side of your mouth, while stifling topics you don't like out of the other side of your mouth. I mean, I guess you can, being a privately owned forum and all, but I'm gonna call them on their bullshit every single time.

I'm not specifying the content in question, because doing so would break the rules set forth by the admins, as stupid as I personally feel those rules happen to be. Get it? Good.

As usual, any dissenting opinions result in a traditional VU clique-mob circle jerk. I would expect nothing less.

Now everyone get your "likes" in on every opposing post, as usual. Lol, classic VU.

I don't think it's really a matter of "not liking" certain topics, but a matter of wanting to keep their advertisers happy. VU already gathers a ton of idiots who want to know how to vape nicotine "for a buzz" -- if they had to also put up with idiots wanting to know how to vape everything else for a buzz, this place would go downhill FAST, mainly because a lot of advertisers don't like being associated with anything illicit -- and while this forum may be free to use, it's certainly not free to operate, and good fast servers are quite expensive.

I don't actually agree with the policy in question, nor the imbecilic law behind it, but I do understand at least the policy -- and actually I understand the imbecilic law, too -- big pharma and big liquor both have a lot to lose if the one particular substance that's gradually losing its stigma becomes fully legal everywhere in the US, so naturally they want to suppress, suppress, suppress, because it affects their bottom line -- and money talks very loudly, after all. Just ask William Randolph Hearst, the guy most responsible for getting that substance declared verboten in the US.

I'm sure there are a lot of places on the net where that substance can be discussed at one's pleasure. I'm fine with generally avoiding overt discussion of it, because "regular vaping" has been a godsend to me and a lot of others who were hopelessly addicted to smoking, until vaping came along. And I also see the vast difference between VU and asshole central, y'know, ECF -- here you really can mostly say whatever you like, WITHIN REASONABLE BOUNDS... over at asshole central, all that's really possible is to kiss the moderators' asses.

And y'know... VaporJoe's house... VaporJoe's rules. I find them pretty reasonable, overall. if you don't, I'm sure no one will mind if you leave.

And no, I'm really not part of any "clique"... actually I'm probably one of the most loathed people around here.

Andria

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Has anyone who is still posting in this thread actually checked on who started it and how they have 1 post total since November?

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Has anyone who is still posting in this thread actually checked on who started it and how they have 1 post total since November?
What's to check? It was obviously a classic "hit and run" designed to ruffle everyone's feathers and start something, which it did. And every time we try to let it sit here at the bottom of the forum and die, someone comes along and pokes the bear.
Your turn. ;)

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Pretty much a new member here. The very first thing I did was sit back and listen......and still do. Ya can't learn anything by talking.
Enuff said on my part.................VAPE ON

Old Salesmans Mantra when evaluating a customer/situation/opportunity.

EYES OPEN
EARS OPEN
MOUTH SHUT

VU Sponsors