Become a Patron!

Why are vaping shops liquid steeped right away ?

I know they don't pre-step it for a fact. In fact, when I ordered my very first 80/20 VG/PG in Deceber they said "You might waant to steep it a bit" and i replied "Yeah, I know .. how long, a week ? "

They replied "No,No,No ... Just 4-5 hours"

And they were right !

Plus all 50/50 juice I got pre December were dead on vapable right away.

The first thing I pay attention to in high VG juice is whether it looks like there are "oil bubbles" when I shake up the liquid. For Example, Mt Baker - even after a month steep still has those "oil bubbles"

My own juice does too, but after a couple weeks they are less and less apparent unlike Mt Baker.

What I don't get is how Vapor Shops that use diy juice are able to have vape ready juice immediately. Without that "oil bubble" look when you shake it up. I even ordered max VG from the local shop, in 6 hours I could shake it up and there were no bubbles at all - and Believe me it was pure VG lol ...

So, I guess ... In the commercial sense, what tools do they use to make juice immediately ready ?

Considering they haave people asking foor 20/80, 30/70, 40,60, 50,50, 60,40, 50/50, 40/60, 30/70, 20/80, 90/10, pure VG I cant see the VG/PG being premixed but I suppose as a commercial shop thts possible ?

If thats what it is id like to do it. If not, what else is it ? Is it a special tool ? I would say that tool that looks like a milkshape maker but it says 100mg batches minimum so I know thats not it.

Any ideas ? Cause right when I mix my juice it has a super milky or maybe cloudy is a better word ? For hours ... At least 6, even with hot water steep right away its 3 hours. At the shop it's 5 minutes ? And its not pre made juice ...

yes, my DIY juice is vapable after say 24 hours ... but it still doesnt seem all the way mixed like vape shops. It lso doesnt change colors like vape shops mixes do. I a currently using a starter kit from Liquid Barn. Decent Flavor, but I need to go 12-14 percent for most - except vanilla and green apple - those at 10 % knocked me on my arss ! lol

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I don't DIY but I know one of the local shops uses a heated ultrasonic bath for 10 min they say quickens the processes.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Considering they haave people asking foor 20/80, 30/70, 40,60, 50,50, 60,40, 50/50, 40/60, 30/70, 20/80, 90/10, pure VG I cant see the VG/PG being premixed but I suppose as a commercial shop thts possible ?

Most B&Ms I've seen (which I assume is what your talking about since you said 'shops'), don't make the liquid for you right away. They just make large batches of common ratio, bottle it, and sell it. Which means the liquid your buying could already be a few days, or even weeks, old and thus already steeped.

Of course, they might actually offer all those ratios in premixed, but I doubt they do from the start, and they wouldn't keep the same amount of premade for each ratio for every flavor. They might start out with only a few main ratios, then as people ask for different ratios, add them to the line up. Logically the amount they keep on hand would depend on the sales history of that flavor and ratio. For example, they might only keep 5-10 bottles premade of something that only sells an average of 6 per month. But they might keep 25-50 bottles premade of something that sells an average of 35 per month. Not doing this would result in the excess stock wasting materials that could be used for more popular mixes and wasted space if they made too much of something that doesn't sell. Down side to this is that it requires the mixture to be around for a bit of time to get an accurate sales history so until that time they might only make up small batches of what is needed as it is needed.

It grows slowly over time, just like the size of our DIY collections.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Some people feel strongly that using a very high percentage (20-35%) of flavor in mixing e-liquid makes it taste good right away--or relatively right away. There's even a name for it - an acronym like "HFM" (high flavor mixing?) which I can't quite remember. Idk, haven't experimented with this in my own DIY. I also don't know what they are doing behind the scenes at your juice shops, but I have heard that a lot the juices on the market use more flavor than the average DIY'er.

You're welcome for all this vague information :) lol

Chrispdx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm sure if you can imagine it, it happens behind the scenes.

I know of a juice shop that will add flavors for you right on the spot. Sure their juice must be good because they are still open in a high rent location. However, your not going to get complex flavorings and mixes from them on the spot ready to vape in 3-4 hours...and they don't make them. Most of their flavorings are meant for the shake and vape variety.

All the rest of the stuff has steep time. Order juice online and you can add 3-5 days shipping...plus the time it sat on the shelf.

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I spoke with a shop owner/mixer and in a round about way, he mentioned they use ultrasonic heat bath but would give no other details.

Kethiju

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I know they don't pre-step it for a fact. In fact, when I ordered my very first 80/20 VG/PG in Deceber they said "You might waant to steep it a bit" and i replied "Yeah, I know .. how long, a week ? "

They replied "No,No,No ... Just 4-5 hours"

And they were right !

Plus all 50/50 juice I got pre December were dead on vapable right away.

The first thing I pay attention to in high VG juice is whether it looks like there are "oil bubbles" when I shake up the liquid. For Example, Mt Baker - even after a month steep still has those "oil bubbles"

My own juice does too, but after a couple weeks they are less and less apparent unlike Mt Baker.

What I don't get is how Vapor Shops that use diy juice are able to have vape ready juice immediately. Without that "oil bubble" look when you shake it up. I even ordered max VG from the local shop, in 6 hours I could shake it up and there were no bubbles at all - and Believe me it was pure VG lol ...

So, I guess ... In the commercial sense, what tools do they use to make juice immediately ready ?

If thats what it is id like to do it. If not, what else is it ? Is it a special tool ? I would say that tool that looks like a milkshape maker but it says 100mg batches minimum so I know thats not it.

Any ideas ? Cause right when I mix my juice it has a super milky or maybe cloudy is a better word ? For hours ... At least 6, even with hot water steep right away its 3 hours. At the shop it's 5 minutes ? And its not pre made juice ...

yes, my DIY juice is vapable after say 24 hours ... but it still doesnt seem all the way mixed like vape shops. It lso doesnt change colors like vape shops mixes do. I a currently using a starter kit from Liquid Barn. Decent Flavor, but I need to go 12-14 percent for most - except vanilla and green apple - those at 10 % knocked me on my arss ! lol
Heat. Since VG is natural, as is nicotine, those components degrade more rapidly than synthetic components. The steeping process is literally like aging a steak. Longer aging equal better flavor and texture...to a point. When is it called rotting instead of aging you ask? Who the hell knows. Here's the deal those. Using a glass bottle, heat your juices. Not boiling hot, not even particularly hot to the touch. Just, warm. This will greatly hasten your efforts. Just remember to let the juice breathe after doing this. You will likely find the aroma overpowering if you don't.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I read today that one fella uses a homogenizer .

He homogenizes the juice and later when he dispenses, adds nicotine base, and shakes.

Ron
---
"Just as no one can be forced into belief, so no one can be forced into unbelief."- Sigmund Freud

PatheticMr.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
There are a few ways of speeding up the steeping process. As some have mentioned already:

Heat - some use an ultrasonic cleaner, some put on radiator, some put it in the microwave for a couple of seconds; and lots of shaking!

Pre-Mixing concentrates: mixing concentrates before mixing into your base will help to blend the flavours together. It won't necessarily help with steeping, but are said to taste more like a developed flavour rather than a mix of flavours (so they say!)

Some concentrates (most by flavourart, for example), require very little 'steeping'. For this reason, I love flavourart. The flavour will change slightly over time, but it is nowhere near to the extent of say, Capella.

There really isn't any secret, magical way (or is there?). There are plenty of methods widely available all over the Internet - there is debate over how effective these methods are though!

One final thought, I generally find that knowing what flavours are in my liquid psychologically diminish my perception of that juice! Some flavours taste better just because you don't know what's in them! At least that's the case for me!

Hope that helps in some way! :)

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I generally find that knowing what flavours are in my liquid psychologically diminish my perception of that juice! Some flavours taste better just because you don't know what's in them!
This is a great comment. I never thought of it like this.

VU Sponsors