Become a Patron!

Why do people buy different mg amounts of nicotine in DIY?

QuestForVapology

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Makes sense to always go for the 100mg because its less hassle, right?

Why are there options to go down in mg, does the taste change or something?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
My guess would be that some don't feel comfortable working with 100mg nic. Some might prefer to mix with a pre-mixed base, some may feel they might not use it up fast enough, especially if they vape really low mg. Not everyone buys in bulk and stores in the freezer. Some have curious minds and youngsters in their home, so they prefer to buy lower mg, and a size they'll use up in a reasonable amount of time, locked away from curious younglings.

I do feel that 100mg is the most economical route, but I can understand why people don't. The first time I purchased nic, it was 48mg. I was comfortable with that when just starting out.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I like using 36 mg. I'm able to store it without having to freeze it. I've wasted a lot of 100 mg.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I just get a smaller 60ml bottle of the 100mg and cut it 50%, so I end up with 120ml of 50mg.
Then just split it down to 4x30ml bottles for easier handling and storage.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I agree with Huck; most I've seen that bought weaker than 100mg, were just plain afraid of 100mg. I was kinda afraid of it, at first, but I'm a lot more afraid of being broke, so I buy the most cost-effective. :D But after over a year of re-bottling the 100mg for freezing, I'm not afraid of it any longer; I don't even wear gloves.

Andria

mattdarat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
100mg is scary your first time at least for me it was. One guy i know bought the strength he was gonna vape. All preference in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It has to do with the comfort level of DIYer. I've had 250mg/ml before and made double sure my calculations were accurate.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
As you increase the purity of Nicotine purchased the lower the cost.. some think if they get a few drops of 100mg Nic on their skin they will die or some crazy thing. Which was probably pushed down from some making crazy comments eons ago not necessarily here on VU but in general.. What one woul have to be very carefull of is almost pure nicotine which is sold 999.X mg now that could kill ya very quickly if used wrong

VU Sponsors