Become a Patron!

Why do so many juices suck...asking the veterans.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is a question for some veteran DIY folks...whether it's some guber with a trendy slick sexy website with the obligatory well endowed chick with her mouth wrapped around a drip tip....talking about how there juices is made from the finest ingredients, or whether it's some git with tats covering his entire body and half his teeth who has his own "house" juice....how come so many juice lines are just simpely bad......taste like crap.....

I've been vaping for 3+ years and have tried alot of juice,but....I've only been DIYing for about 3 months and even though I don't know squat I've made better juice than alot of the stuff I've vaped......what's going on here.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Many use cheap nic, cheap PG/VG, crappy flavors, and lack talent and imagination.
They don't have to spend the $$ or time to produce great vapes - people will buy it anyway.

DIY is the way to go. :)

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also, if your palate is anything like mine taste is very sensitive and some are pickier than others.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Many use cheap nic, cheap PG/VG, crappy flavors, and lack talent and imagination.
They don't have to spend the $$ or time to produce great vapes - people will buy it anyway.

yeah I mean if somebody tells you their juice taste like a rich,but light cheese cake with dark chocolate swirls with a tangy raspberry syrup drizzeled over with just a touch of hazelnut....are you gonna buy that,,,sure sounds delicious....then it comes and it tastes like a cherry slurppy with nesquick and cake mix.

just got my first delivery of VT nic vg base. and am mixing one of my NET extracts (a pipe tobacco)along with some FA fig and hazelnut in it.....I'm hoping it is not as peppery as nude nicotine, and lets the flavors pop like you guys were talking about.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Exactly. Most commercial ejiuce is whipped up, tested, and if it does not taste like a dogs ass, it is bottled and sold.

Tim Vatic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Don't drip and drive but definitely DIY and fly. :D

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
hhhhmmmmm....dog ass...dog ass...gamey yet an impudent little juice.really shines when sipping a glass of vomit or battery acid.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I tried Durian Fruit ejuice once. That pretty much covers it. I'd rather vape Limburger Cheese flavored eliquid.

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It's for the same reason fast food exists. A lot of it (if not all) is crap but people eat it anyway. Bad taste. Convenience.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
alot of these juices brand themselves as artisian,and high end....at least their prices are.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Taste is subjective.

And there's no law regarding what the word 'premium' is tossed on and there are people who think that a 'premium' juice is worth paying double the price even if it is no different from any other juice. Businesses maximize profits in two ways: charging more for their product and making the product cheaper to produce.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
taste is not just merely subjective it is more than that.that's why some wine sells for 7.00 a bottle and some sells for 80.00 a bottle.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
This is a question for some veteran DIY folks...whether it's some guber with a trendy slick sexy website with the obligatory well endowed chick with her mouth wrapped around a drip tip....talking about how there juices is made from the finest ingredients, or whether it's some git with tats covering his entire body and half his teeth who has his own "house" juice....how come so many juice lines are just simpely bad......taste like crap.....

I've been vaping for 3+ years and have tried alot of juice,but....I've only been DIYing for about 3 months and even though I don't know squat I've made better juice than alot of the stuff I've vaped......what's going on here.

You have discovered the deepest darkest secret in vaping.
I started vaping a little over a year ago and boy was I a broke vapor, pinching pennies to buy clones and cheap vapable juice. I was an unemployed college student with a mountain of bills and crappy liquid. I finally bit the bullet and hodge-podged a simple DIY set hoping to make one juice that I could bear. 2 weeks later I felt like an e-liquid Bobby Flay and had a decent collection of juices I thought were better than anything I could buy at a fraction of the cost. Since then I've gotten back to work and only buy juice as a treat once in a blue moon. Lets face it, once in a while a bottle of Lazarus vintage is just nice to get your hands on. But the ability to cater your liquid to your tastes for your atty makes it totally worthwhile.

Last edited:

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I only bought the pre-mixed stuff for a like a month or two, and it drove me into DIY cause most were YUK.
Figured if I couldn't make something better I'd just go back to cigs...
But there were a few that I got from MBV that were not to bad, and cheaper than most.
The thing is, with DIY, you can continue to make/try new recipes forever:D.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I never really cared for vegetables until I started growing them myself. Now I like them,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,if I grew them.

My vegetables taste the best.
My homegrown eggs taste the best.
My homegrown beef tastes the best.
My DIY juice tastes the best.
My DIY speakers sound the best.

Those are all facts,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,to me.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
homegrown veggie are better,they're picked fresh and when they're ripe....ask the people you give them to......On reflection one of the reasons so many people put up with bad juice is because they don't know any better......I have a 16 year old daughter...she has friends over to the house for dinner and alot of them have never had homemade pie before..or homemade bread..or a homemade birthday cake, or homemade pasta.....or hot chocolate that didn't come out of can or a box....perhaps the reason juice makers can get away with selling shite juice is because so many americans eat shite food....I remember Basil Ray doing a review of tasty vapers apple pie..he said it tasted just like his grandmother's homemade apple pie......so I bought some.....all I can say is Basil Ray's granny doesn't know how to cook.

statseeker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's because business has taken people's time away from them. If you aren't at work, you're emailing about work, researching for work, making calls about work. Home isn't home. It's the home office. People don't know how to bake anything but a frozen pizza. I'm almost 30 years old and I have no idea how to turn flour into dough into bread. I don't have time for it. People aren't cooking because there isn't time. By the time everyone is settled its bed time. Sometimes you don't wanna take the time to make juice when there's so much other stuff to do. Lol. Know what I'm getting at?

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've been having extremely good luck with craft vapery. My 8 bottle box the last few months I've have yet to get anything bad. Unlike buying random shit online.

statseeker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The whole random thing isn't really random if you take consumer reviews into account. You can get the good actors and know the bad ones. Unless they just change things with no warning, ahem MBV, ahem. But even then you hear about it through forums. So random shot online? Not really random.

Real Extract in Seattle

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The fact that most juices suck compared to a simple plant maceration convinced me to make my own juice two years ago.
In my opinion, if flavor is a priority, the natural flavors are the way to go. They really are artisanal and have more care taken in their creation.
The thing with the natural extracts is that you get exactly what you expect it to be - or better!

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The fact that most juices suck compared to a simple plant maceration convinced me to make my own juice two years ago.
In my opinion, if flavor is a priority, the natural flavors are the way to go. They really are artisanal and have more care taken in their creation.
The thing with the natural extracts is that you get exactly what you expect it to be - or better!
I was wondering what plant macerations you make....I make my own NET extractions,and I've been thinking of trying to macerate licorice root and sasparilla root,I suppose tea, and vanilla would work, and I guess a maceration of tea and assorted spices could give a great chia vape, but I was wondering what other things you may have tried...also I was wondering if you buy natura; flavorings from companies and if so which ones....I've always been intrigued by medicine flower's flavorings.

Real Extract in Seattle

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was wondering what plant macerations you make....I make my own NET extractions,and I've been thinking of trying to macerate licorice root and sasparilla root,I suppose tea, and vanilla would work, and I guess a maceration of tea and assorted spices could give a great chia vape, but I was wondering what other things you may have tried...also I was wondering if you buy natura; flavorings from companies and if so which ones....I've always been intrigued by medicine flower's flavorings.

I've done hundreds. Licorice root is great tasting (but powerful-a little goes a long way. It also can interfere with prescription medicines and change blood pressure), sarsaparilla is very pleasant (takes a long maceration), four teas are very popular in my product line, vanilla is a no-brainer but be careful as all real vanilla contains at least 35% alcohol by law and it must not contain added sugar. Use caution that you avoid things that are high risk to vape. I don't use citrus or clove as I think they are likely to be harmful. I like the stinging nettle as it really opens the breathing passages when eaten or vaped but it is not a flavor tolerated by everybody.
I do have an exceptional source for my fruit extracts (secret) as I don't like the mess it makes to create.The last time I did 65 lbs of cherries convinced me that the fruits should be done by somebody that specializes in them. It took a couple months to get rid of the fruit flies. I extract everything else myself.
Filtering to low micron levels is important too (and difficult).
Use common sense and do lots of homework. It can be fun as well.

Last edited:

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I talked with you maybe a year ago I think....your wife has a sensitivity to PG and you were looking at an alternative to use for PG..am I correct? ...I was wondering what you heard about 1,3 propanediol that 5 pawns is thinking of using?

Real Extract in Seattle

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I talked with you maybe a year ago I think....your wife has a sensitivity to PG and you were looking at an alternative to use for PG..am I correct? ...I was wondering what you heard about 1,3 propanediol that 5 pawns is thinking of using?
She gave up her interest. I haven't looked any further on that.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Licorice root is believed to aid in myelin production and help people with fibromyalgia;as well as, neuropathic pain from spinal and brain injury. Via aiding and supporting repair of the myelin covering on neural pathways.
It is confirmed; however, to also help people with digestion issues and diverticulitis.

-I may not have a filter but I know things. :)

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hahahaha!!!!!
Its nice to use my damn potty mouth to sound smart once in a while.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've done hundreds. Licorice root is great tasting (but powerful-a little goes a long way. It also can interfere with prescription medicines and change blood pressure), sarsaparilla is very pleasant (takes a long maceration), four teas are very popular in my product line, vanilla is a no-brainer but be careful as all real vanilla contains at least 35% alcohol by law and it must not contain added sugar. Use caution that you avoid things that are high risk to vape. I don't use citrus or clove as I think they are likely to be harmful. I like the stinging nettle as it really opens the breathing passages when eaten or vaped but it is not a flavor tolerated by everybody.
I do have an exceptional source for my fruit extracts (secret) as I don't like the mess it makes to create.The last time I did 65 lbs of cherries convinced me that the fruits should be done by somebody that specializes in them. It took a couple months to get rid of the fruit flies. I extract everything else myself.
Filtering to low micron levels is important too (and difficult).
Use common sense and do lots of homework. It can be fun as well.
The lady who owns Dripezz makes really good juice and I believe she does her own fruit extractions I think she does a CO2 extraction......seeing as how you don't want to share your source for fruit extaction which I can understand .....could you tell us the method you used ...I think it would be fun to try,a fruit extracts..I don't want to make anything near 65 pounds of cherries, but the mess can go on my compost heap.

Real Extract in Seattle

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The lady who owns Dripezz makes really good juice and I believe she does her own fruit extractions I think she does a CO2 extraction......seeing as how you don't want to share your source for fruit extaction which I can understand .....could you tell us the method you used ...I think it would be fun to try,a fruit extracts..I don't want to make anything near 65 pounds of cherries, but the mess can go on my compost heap.
1. make wine 2. distill the wine to get 180 proof eau de vie (ethanol) only use the "heart" 3. clean, slice and pit the cherries 4. crack about 5% of the pits to get the kernal 5. grind the kernal and add to the fruit macerating in the ethanol 6. wait 7. put the maceration into a vacuum chamber 8. vacuum distill the alcohol 8. put the result in glass bottles.

Jetson

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I wish Celestial Seasons made e-juice. Their fruit teas and Zingers are excellent and so good iced, particularly the berry ones.

BunnyKiller

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I made an extract using the raspberry zinger tea... ( used PGA to extract 3 oz of everclear and 4 bags of tea) very raspberry flavor :) along with the tannins :(
after several months of sitting on the shelf, the tannins have nealy gone away ( just a hint is left now) makes a good "add in" for other juices.

dnezarmichael

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have spent a lot of time thinking about this issue, and I agree with everything that has been posted above.

The only thing I would like to add.

What you vape the juice with also plays a part. Almost all vaping devices I've tried have different elements that change what you taste in the juice your vaping. Right after I quit smoking for vaping, I used whatever I could afford and it was just fine because my tastebuds were nuked.

However as I vaped and tried new devices, I found that certain devices intensified or dulled flavors, so did the different styles of coil, airflow and heat and wicking material and how it was utilized.

Then it hit me, maybe the guy who designed JUICEX was using a different device than I was using. So I got into the habit of trying all different kinds of juices in all kinds of devices that I own, and well I found that certain devices had way different tastes.

I find the same is true with recipes online, some taste great in the Magma, some the Marquis, and some on the Deringer.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I totally agree...I vape only gennys,and I've always thoguht that there should be juices that are tailored for gennys,most juices are tailored for cotton wicks,and big airflows.

VU Sponsors