Become a Patron!

Why do vaping devices goes on clearance?

Because that’s how I have been buying mine vaping devices is on clearance is it go or bad to buy vaping stuff on clearance like the topic said why do they go on Clearance. I’m not talking about sales or deals I know it’s all the same but sales and deals only last about three days maybe more week while clearance items last like longer until it’s sold out.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Because that’s how I have been buying mine vaping devices is on clearance is it go or bad to buy vaping stuff on clearance like the topic said why do they go on Clearance. I’m not talking about sales or deals I know it’s all the same but sales and deals only last about three days maybe more week while clearance items last like longer until it’s sold out.
Sometimes retailers stock items that don't sell very well (I assume). So they have these items but nobody is buying them. They put them on clearance to move the items.

Another thing is out-dated or old items people look past. With so much new stuff these days some of the older stuff gets over looked.

Clearance boils down to the store just wanting to be rid of things. They invested money in the items and want a return on their investment.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years

The vaping industry moves so fast with new products being released everyday that vendors need to move older products at cost or below to sell over the newer products or be stuck with them.

There are also other reasons sometimes, like a product being faulty or maybe too big in size.

Be a educated consumer when making a vaping purchase, do your research.

This forum is a great place to do the research because if a vaper is dissatisfied with a product you will more then likely find out why in this forum.

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The vaping industry moves so fast with new products being released everyday that vendors need to move older products at cost or below to sell over the newer products or be stuck with them.

There are also other reasons sometimes, like a product being faulty or maybe too big in size.

Be a educated consumer then making a vaping purchase, do your research.

This forum is a great place to do the research because if a vaper is dissatisfied with a product you will more then likely find out why in this forum.

yep educate yourself.
some of the stuff is on clearance because it is crap.
The perfume bottle kanger squonk thingy for one.

then again some of the crap is the best sellers..
go figure...

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I never pay full price for anything. Every mod/tank I buy is from a sale or clearance. Clearance is just that they are "clearing" space for newer devices. Just because it's on clearance does not mean it's not a good product. Just be sure to check out the product info and reviews before buying.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I never pay full price for anything. Every mod/tank I buy is from a sale or clearance. Clearance is just that they are "clearing" space for newer devices. Just because it's on clearance does not mean it's not a good product. Just be sure to check out the product info and reviews before buying.
Yep bought a Kanger Kbox mini. Liked it. It went out of fashion and I bought 3 more for backups on clearance for cheap.
Still using the first one over 2 years later :)

Wow so many great answer I don’t know who to reply to lol. I always 100% look at reviews before I buy I will two tabs one is the items I’m looking at or that one I like other tab is google on deck when I want to look up the items for reviews example I’m looking at both innokin Cool Fire ace and the innkoin pebble. I will type it in google do my research look for review on YouTube other forum site reviews on the vape shop sites etc that’s how i makes my decision. Sometimes some vaping devices isn’t as popular as others so it won’t be as much reviews on them so it makes me think should I really buy something that isn’t popular I have brought couple vaping mods that wasn’t popular and I got to it’s amazing haven’t had any problems with them.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Wow so many great answer I don’t know who to reply to lol. I always 100% look at reviews before I buy I will two tabs one is the items I’m looking at or that one I like other tab is google on deck when I want to look up the items for reviews example I’m looking at both innokin Cool Fire ace and the innkoin pebble. I will type it in google do my research look for review on YouTube other forum site reviews on the vape shop sites etc that’s how i makes my decision. Sometimes some vaping devices isn’t as popular as others so it won’t be as much reviews on them so it makes me think should I really buy something that isn’t popular I have brought couple vaping mods that wasn’t popular and I got to it’s amazing haven’t had any problems with them.
Don't always go by reviews because a lot of reviewers are on the take, meaning they get paid from the MFG for the review with agreeing to give a positive review no matter what.
Best to look in forums for user feedback.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
A little off subject but Amazon reviews are the biggest culprit of having false reviews, and bias reviewers.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On the reviewers..
yep especially on any device with another reviewers name attached to it.
It is like there is a Brotherhood of Vape Reviewers union....

Don't always go by reviews because a lot of reviewers are on the take, meaning they get paid from the MFG for the review with agreeing to give a positive review no matter what.
Best to look in forums for user feedback.
Wow thanks for the heads up I didn’t even know what if nobody has the product that I’m looking for should I still by it do my own honest review just Incase other people might be interested. What does MFG stand for?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As he types on a computer in whole or in part made in China :)

Without Chinese vape stuff vaping would still be a fringe thing in the USA and would likely be banned by now....

Even most of the La Ta Da vapers started long ago on Chinese cigalikes, egos and such....
Now the New La Ta Da vapers are just elitists :)

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As he types on a computer in whole or in part made in China :)

Without Chinese vape stuff vaping would still be a fringe thing in the USA and would likely be banned by now....

Even most of the La Ta Da vapers started long ago on Chinese cigalikes, egos and such....
Now the New La Ta Da vapers are just elitists :)
Oh look a Walmart intellectual....yeah dipshit tell us all how globalization is a boon to the working man.The idea that without chinese crap vaping devices vaping would be fringe is like everything else that comes out of your mouth Crummie...just plain stupid.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
On the reviewers..
yep especially on any device with another reviewers name attached to it.
It is like there is a Brotherhood of Vape Reviewers union....

That union knows many people have shinyitus if think their next tank or mod will be as satisfying as their old bad habit. Looking at you, Valyrian.

Starting to feel a little foolish as a mainstream sub ohm tank factory coil non DIY vaper. I have a feeling I'm not alone. Now vape shops and online retailers have several pod devices to offer.

I lucked out with some older tanks and mods, nothing a reviewer or even most forum participants would recommend today.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I lucked out with some older tanks and mods, nothing a reviewer or even most forum participants would recommend today.
Same here Have tried several different tanks and have pif'd all of em away except for Subtank Mini V2 with RBA no coils just RBA. And the origional Serpent RTA.
Tried a bunch of different attys and found the Wasp Nano.
Have now also PIF'd most all of my other attys away.

Have about 10 STM's most picked up cheap. 5 Serpents and 7 Wasp Nano's.
A few others but those are what I like.
Atty stands are getting a bit bare but I have what I like to use.

I only seek till I find what I like. Not much fashion chasing in me at all.
And peer pressure does not work worth a darn with me.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That union knows many people have shinyitus if think their next tank or mod will be as satisfying as their old bad habit. Looking at you, Valyrian.

Starting to feel a little foolish as a mainstream sub ohm tank factory coil non DIY vaper. I have a feeling I'm not alone. Now vape shops and online retailers have several pod devices to offer.

yep at this point vaping has devolved into unloading crap for mindless consumption...

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yep at this point vaping has devolved into unloading crap for mindless consumption...

Yep pretty much like all retail sales in the USA.

But the number of people that quit cigs by having cheap Chinese stuff available is is VASTLY higher than if we did not have it.
And the number of vapers and more general acceptance has helped to keep it legal.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep pretty much like all retail sales in the USA.

But the number of people that quit cigs by having cheap Chinese stuff available is is VASTLY higher than if we did not have it.
And the number of vapers and more general acceptance has helped to keep it legal.
you are such an imbecile bobby you really are...the idea that civilization would fall if we didn't have globalist raping the planet is the stupidity that the political class who are owned by those same corporations coo in the ears of the Walmart crowd ..tell me stupid do you seriously believe people wouldn't have shoes if their weren't chinese crap to wear...do you believe people wouldn't have clothes if the chinese didn't make the crap they sell....do you believe people wouldn't have steel ...your idiotic denial of how vaping has devolved into mindless consummerisim is gaslighting, you just deny reality,because vaping has become some holy cow to you some sacrosanct cult.you tie so much of your cartoonish identity into.You make about as much sense as the idiots who used to say without slavery there would be no cotton grown.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And if there had been no cheap Chinese vape stuff then this board would likely have never existed either.
And there would not be Riff Raff like me hanging out here :)

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And if there had been no cheap Chinese vape stuff then this board would likely have never existed either.
And there would not be Riff Raff like me hanging out here :)
not seeing a down side there.........you are just denying reality...if China had never produced a single vaping device vaping would be as cheap now regardless of who made the devices.the market would have filled the void naturally.competition between modders would have driven the prices down...instead the globalist drove the modders out of bussiness....it created a monoply and in monopolies the consummer suffers the most.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I like the clearance sections. I'm not a Clouds Bro! vaper, I vape MTL, don't care about high power or TC. I shop the trading areas here, I buy from sales and clearance sections, because the stuff I like sometimes lands in those. Doesn't matter to me, either way. I get good deals on stuff, and I still haven't smoked in 4 years.

Even sheets. Bedding can be terribly expensive, sometimes. Flannel sheets are the bomb and land in clearance sections at stores. Why pay outrageous amounts of money on something when you can find it for $10 post season? They still work the same, just someone had different taste.

champton

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A lot of times my friend puts juices that aren't selling on clearance. You can sometimes find some deceptively good juices on clearance, but tbh I wouldn't trust any vape gear (RDAs, tanks, mods, etc) that goes on clearance without first doing my due diligence and reading reviews. There's usually a reason why those don't sell. For example, my friend put a lot of Predator mods on clearance a couple months ago and it turns out some had defective 510s and others had flimsy wiring on the inside. My mom had a Predator, and that thing would get hot in her hand. Turned out there was a short circuited wire... something to do with the wire that connects the battery plate to the mainboard or something like that.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
In many cases it's just a psychological trick to boost sales. Simple economics... just keep the prices up high to make that extra profit just because you still can, and, next, use heavy discounts to mass market the living crap out of the products to keep those sales alive for as long as you possibly can before finally phasing out the products making room for new stuff... rinse, and repeat.

Hype

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As far as I know , the price you pay is 40% and higher for retail goods than the price they paid for . This is a retail rule so them discounting their wares at 50 % off is still profit , minimal but profit , Just to make room for the latest and greatest . Don't forget umbrella companies just want your money , they package their wares differently but their goal is to move them ..

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
you are such an imbecile bobby you really are...the idea that civilization would fall if we didn't have globalist raping the planet is the stupidity that the political class who are owned by those same corporations coo in the ears of the Walmart crowd ..tell me stupid do you seriously believe people wouldn't have shoes if their weren't chinese crap to wear...do you believe people wouldn't have clothes if the chinese didn't make the crap they sell....do you believe people wouldn't have steel ...your idiotic denial of how vaping has devolved into mindless consummerisim is gaslighting, you just deny reality,because vaping has become some holy cow to you some sacrosanct cult.you tie so much of your cartoonish identity into.You make about as much sense as the idiots who used to say without slavery there would be no cotton grown.

You kinda remind me of Polar Girl... lol, except instead of ...whatever she was talking about, yours is globalist rapists or whatever. :teehee:

Sorry, got here while looking up the Aspire Gusto Mini, wondering if I can refill those pods with some McGuiyvering, and how tight the air draw is... hmmm

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You kinda remind me of Polar Girl... lol, except instead of ...whatever she was talking about, yours is globalist rapists or whatever. :teehee:

Sorry, got here while looking up the Aspire Gusto Mini, wondering if I can refill those pods with some McGuiyvering, and how tight the air draw is... hmmm
you kinda remind me of the zombies nodding off over CNN on their couches.and repeating the mantra of how Hilary was the smartest woman in the world.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL.
I watch maybe 2 hours of TV per month.
And you can never keep things straight.
I am MENSA material but do not want to be a member of MENSA as I follow no crowds.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL.
I watch maybe 2 hours of TV per month.
And you can never keep things straight.
I am MENSA material but do not want to be a member of MENSA as I follow no crowds.
sure you are bobby sure you are......and you're NFL material, and women throw the,selves at you ,but you don't have sex with them because you're saving up your energy for your intellectual pursuits,and spiritual enlightenment...last time we spoke you mentioned your wife has the TV on in your house constantlly

17ox2z.jpg

Last edited:

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
you kinda remind me of the zombies nodding off over CNN on their couches.and repeating the mantra of how Hilary was the smartest woman in the world.

That doesn't make much sense to me, I don't watch any news channels, don't watch anything really except children's shows with my daughter; I'm pretty young really; I've no clue how smart or not Hillary is and I don't think I've ever presumed to...
I guess you probably don't see much sense in you reminding me of PolarGirl either, our minds just work in different but equally funny ways :D

My main point though was you went wayyy off the topic of mods on clearance, then again, I did too, but you did First! :xD:

VU Sponsors