Become a Patron!

Why do you vape?

Shenzhen XTAR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Electronic cigarettes and vaping become more and more popular, especially among young people. Some are actually (mostly) smokers earlier to quit smoking. Some are using them to boost their social image. And some just for the costs and different flavours.

Vaping is not the same as smoking. Vaping is inhaling and exhaling of vapor produced by an electronic cigarette. People who vape electronic cigarette say that the electronic cigarette tastes much better than the regular cigarettes and they smell pleasant.

Why do you vape?

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I started vaping over 5 years ago to help me with quitting my 30+ year cigarette habit! It worked too- the only thing that helped me quit cigarettes is vaping!
This is the longest I have ever stopped smoking and I am grateful for that!
I have not smoked or even craved to smoke a cigarette since December 1, 2014-
I started vaping in November of 2014, gave myself 2 weeks to cut back on cigs and set my quit date for 12/1/14- worked for me.
I still vape and have cut my nicotine to zero.

Last edited:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I started vaping over 5 years ago to help me with quitting my 30+ year cigarette habit! It worked too- the only thing that helped me quit cigarettes is vaping!
This is the longest I have ever stopped smoking and I am grateful for that!
I have not smoked or even craved to smoke a cigarette since December 1, 2014-
I started vaping in November of 2014, gave myself 2 weeks to cut back on cigs and set my quit date for 12/1/14- worked for me.
I still vape and have cut my nicotine to zero.
Definitely an inspiration to people here.

Sent from a pile of wood chips

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
When I started vaping, it was to quit smoking after I had relapsed after three years of not smoking OR vaping. I picked the cigs back up for a month and was disgusted with myself every single day of that month.

I tried a Blu cigalike from the Sheetz convenience store, and don't think I've smoked more than five or six cigarettes since that moment. That was on June 15, 2011.

While I was not smoking or vaping, I was taking Adderall for ADD. Once I started back, I realized that I no longer needed the adderall. So mostly, the real physiological reason I vape now is that nicotine makes my brain work better.

But since I found VU, the hobby side of this community has really become an integral part of the reason I continue. I have come to really love mixing my own, building my own, collecting and learning all kinds of new gear.

Every time I think I've found the be-all and end-all of a great vape setup, well, I've learned to just hang on a minute. Things get better all the time. I won't say what the next part of this story is, though. That remains to be seen. And @gopher_byrd is right - there is no status to be had by vaping in the USA. To hear the news these days, you'd think we were the scourge of the earth.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ditched a 40+ yr 1.5 PAD smoking habit with cigalikes about 5.5 years ago.
Moved up from cigalikes of course.

I continue to vape to keep from going back to smoking as the motion habit is still strong.

In the US obtaining vape stuff is scheduled to become at best very difficult in about 9 weeks.
The deeming regs enforcement is scheduled to kick in. Only FDA approved vape products will be allowed to be sold in or imported to the US.

I have prepped well with all rebuildables, DIY, etc though for the rest of my life.

Vape on be happy.

Freyja

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Because I wanted to spend less money on cigarettes.
Then I found out about the coming "vapocalyse" and have spent a ridiculous amount stocking up on vaping stuff.
Keep telling myself that all the money being spent in a few months is for decades worth of stuff and that, in the long run, it will still be far less of an expense than tobacco.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Because I wanted to spend less money on cigarettes.

Ohh yeah forgot that.
Saved over $100/month since I started vaping and was building up my stockpile of vape stuff at the same time.
for the last 2 years i spend under $20/mo on vaping vs well over $200 if I was still smoking.
I have only spent around $100 on vape hardware for each of the past 2 years.

Last edited:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Because I went curious about it when I was still a smoker, and immediately fell in love with it so much that, starting from the first moment, I never smoked again. I started out with an RDA on a triple battery regulated mod almost three years and a half ago, taught myself serious advanced coil building within the next couple of weeks, became a bit of a flavor chasing freak as a result, then gradually made the switch to using only mech mods while at the same time also becoming a collector, now owning about $50,000 worth of primarily high-end-and-exclusive mech mods.

Master Rahl

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Helped me quit a 15 year disgusting habit, tastes better, my health is greatly improved, and it is much cheaper after initial startup costs. I vape about one 60ml 3mg bottle per week at 10 to 15 dollars per bottle vs over 55 dollars a week in cigarettes. Plus it's a fun hobby when you get into rebuildables.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Helped me quit a 15 year disgusting habit, tastes better, my health is greatly improved, and it is much cheaper after initial startup costs. I vape about one 60ml 3mg bottle per week at 10 to 15 dollars per bottle vs over 55 dollars a week in cigarettes. Plus it's a fun hobby when you get into rebuildables.
And it doesn't all turn to ash when you're done.

Sent from a pile of wood chips

Ruppy_bear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
i like to see big smokes/clouds flowing around the air. (thats why i started smoking) also flavors too.

xtar? dont u guys do mics and speakers?

VU Sponsors