Become a Patron!

Why does ELR website give slightly different info from the App?

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I was having a friend make my OMG by weight..with the ELR website, and I tried making it to the same exact specifications of: 0 nic..25% flavor concentrate of Mom and Pop Vapor Shop "OMG", with 50/50 VG/PG.

Here's the screenshot of the ELR app first..and website 2nd.

The extra amount of flavor at 31.09g in the app..TASTES AWESOME! How can I recreate it MIXING BY VOLUME? READ ON..

I never (online or for the app) entered weight per ml for ingredients..and didn't see any place to do so.

I want to recreate the recipe I made by weight with the app (with no weights entered)..but do it by volume.

Do I just need to use the same saved app and go by it's numbers for volume-since they are the same as they were by weight?
Please advise.
Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-02-24-18-34-23.png
    Screenshot_2019-02-24-18-34-23.png
    135.3 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_2019-02-24-18-48-25.png
    Screenshot_2019-02-24-18-48-25.png
    153.4 KB · Views: 22

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe the app was made by someone other than who made the website. If you feel you need the extra gram of m&p then go for it. But that throws the percentage off. If your friend was using elr website and you liked it then I would stay as close to what she did. That's just me. But I'd say the app is of somewhere

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Maybe the app was made by someone other than who made the website. If you feel you need the extra gram of m&p then go for it. But that throws the percentage off. If your friend was using elr website and you liked it then I would stay as close to what she did. That's just me. But I'd say the app is of somewhere
I actually liked what I made with the app better, the flavor was a little stronger and it was really good. I just am not sure if it is correct on the volume end, which is how I am going to be mixing from now on.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was having a friend make my OMG by weight..with the ELR website, and I tried making it to the same exact specifications of: 0 nic..25% flavor concentrate of Mom and Pop Vapor Shop "OMG", with 50/50 VG/PG.

Here's the screenshot of the ELR app first..and website 2nd.

The extra amount of flavor at 31.09g in the app..TASTES AWESOME! How can I recreate it MIXING BY VOLUME? READ ON..

I never (online or for the app) entered weight per ml for ingredients..and didn't see any place to do so.

I want to recreate the recipe I made by weight with the app (with no weights entered)..but do it by volume.

Do I just need to use the same saved app and go by it's numbers for volume-since they are the same as they were by weight?
Please advise.
Thanks!
The app and the website are not made by each other. The app just stole the name from the guy Lars who started ELR.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The app and the website are not made by each other. The app just stole the name from the guy Lars who started ELR.
Yeah, this has been gone over a few times. We usually designate initials for things to make it easier. ELR is already taken.. When you reference those intials everyone knows it as e-liquid-recipes.com. To avoid any confusion whatever this app is called should be called ELRA or something different.. People probably wouldn't know what that is anyways lol. There's a bunch of mixing apps called a lot of things. None of them are ELR (e-liquid-recipes.com) apps.

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Yeah, this has been gone over a few times. We usually designate initials for things to make it easier. ELR is already taken.. When you reference those intials everyone knows it as e-liquid-recipes.com. To avoid any confusion whatever this app is called should be called ELRA or something different.. People probably wouldn't know what that is anyways lol. There's a bunch of mixing apps called a lot of things. None of them are ELR (e-liquid-recipes.com) apps.
Google "eLiquid-recipe app", that is what it is called. I tried to just state that I use the app when I mention it..

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Google "eLiquid-recipe app", that is what it is called. I tried to just state that I use the app when I mention it..
it seems to the elr calc(which I use) does not take into effect the specific gravity the ingredients as they are usually too small. If the concentrate is an all pg base, it would weigh the same as pg. ie 30 mil of pg base concentrate would weigh 31.08 mg...

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
it seems to the elr calc(which I use) does not take into effect the specific gravity the ingredients as they are usually too small. If the concentrate is an all pg base, it would weigh the same as pg. ie 30 mil of pg base concentrate would weigh 31.08 mg...

Yes, when I use the app I entered 25% PG flavor, and it gave me 31.09 grams.. Which was actually 26%.. when I did the math.

It seems that the app adds one percent to the weight, but maybe not the volume in the recipes.

*I made sure to go to the elr website.. and when I found the perfect clone of my ADV, I made sure to make the adjustment so that everyone else using the website could get a perfect clone of the store bought e-juice, while I had to add a percent to get the same recipe on the app.. so I created comments explaining the difference in recipes.. even if you enter 25% on the website & the app , so that people would understand.

VU Sponsors