Become a Patron!

Why does my dual coil rda have less resistance than my single coil tank?

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
HellBeast - While the difference between .2 and .16 is a little on the heavy side of actual manufacturing normalcy, it could be the mods internal resistance making that difference. What the coils resistance is, and what the mod "sees", is what a mod's internal resistance is. There are ways to determine what the internal resistance is. 2 examples is: with an accurate ohm reader you can get very close, and there's a test that can be performed on the mod. Some mods have PC software that can be useful in finding that out, and it might already be known(google).

Drop - If one coil is .2, then 2 coils could be .11 (+/-)
1/2 is the resistance, or Ω, of a pair.

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Parallel resistance.
Ohms law.
for dual coils add the resistance of them together and divide by 2 to get the actual resistance of them in parallel.

EDIT: Please disregard this post. A major blunder on my part.
Need coffee or getting old or both :)

Last edited:

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Parallel resistance.
Ohms law.
for dual coils add the resistance of them together and divide by 2 to get the actual resistance of them in parallel.
Huh? Your talking about parallel as in 2 wire stands of the same size in a single coil instead of 1 strand in a single coil??

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Huh? Your talking about parallel as in 2 wire stands of the same size in a single coil instead of 1 strand in a single coil??
Serious ERRER on my part! Sorry bout that.

Divide the resistance of one coil by 2 to get the resistance.
Major blunder on my part!
good catch.

The above statement only works on 2 identical resistance coils in parallel.
You always want identical resistance coils in a dual coil atty. If not nearly identical one will be a lot hotter than the other one.

Parallel resistance formula.
1/Rt = 1/R1 + 1/R2 + 1/R3 +...
Rt = R (t)otal

Last edited:

VU Sponsors