Become a Patron!

Why does my ecig take time to get adjusted?

I have an eVic-VTC Mini (sub-ohm) with an ego one mega tank. I generally have no problems with it until it floods (which eventually happens, always). That's not a big deal because it's easy to clean.

The one thing about it I find odd is that when I switch to a new coil it takes 1 tank to start working like normal. With the first tank it's taste is off and it takes more hits than usual to get the nicotine 'buzz'. To clarify, I DO NOT immediately use the new coil right after filling it. I let it soak for 5 - 10 minutes and sometimes prime it. But it always goes through this process of 'adjusting'. After the first tank it's back to normal.

Is this a common occurrence? Perhaps I'm doing something wrong..

Also I use titanium coils and keep the temp between 450 and 500 Fahrenheit. The wattage is set to 38.1 and the atomizer is set to .4 ohms.

Thanks for the help ahead of time!

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Try it with standard kanthal coils. I've always had a "off" flavor from Titanium.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
^^^what zamazam said there's a few of us with that. titanium made all my juice taste like the inside of a dirty diaper.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Yes, it's normal. Most new coils have a "break in" period.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I also like to drip a couple of drops of liquid directly into the juice ports before installing a new coil but yeah, about 1 tankful as a break-in is pretty typical.

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
titanium made all my juice taste like the inside of a dirty diaper

Odd. Haven't noticed any off flavors with titanium.
This is what drives me low-level crazy about vaping. Random problems like Raisin's, with no solid answer. Even the theories can turn into their own problems with their own "debates."

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Odd. Haven't noticed any off flavors with titanium.
This is what drives me low-level crazy about vaping. Random problems like Raisin's, with no solid answer. Even the theories can turn into their own problems with their own "debates."
The TI off flavor was limited to a segment of people, same thing with Nichrome and nickel. It was more common with the latter than any of them: but, nickel tasted clean for me.
SS and Kanthal are the only two wires I haven't read about people having taste issues

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The TI off flavor was limited to a segment of people, same thing with Nichrome and nickel. It was more common with the latter than any of them: but, nickel tasted clean for me.
SS and Kanthal are the only two wires I haven't read about people having taste issues
And there it is - I'm not a fan of the nickel taste. Never tried TI, skipping straight to SS and still doing Kanthal with my own builds...

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
And there it is - I'm not a fan of the nickel taste. Never tried TI, skipping straight to SS and still doing Kanthal with my own builds...
My prediction is, you'll start using SS for 90% of your builds. I use it on everything unless I need a slightly higher load for a safety margin.

VU Sponsors