Become a Patron!

Why does my EUC ceramic coil give more flavor than a RDTA tank?

Mr T

Member For 4 Years
I`m thinking of buying a Ammit 25 RTA. I tried a RDTA out to see if the flavor was on pair with my EUC ceramic coil. I was dissapointed, much more flavor in my EUC coil. Is the rebuildable tanks a hoax?

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No I don't think it's a hoax, it's build dependent. But I haven't tried the EUC Ceramic coils. There's a thread on ECF on the Ammit 25 rta if you're interested.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's not a hoax it is the differnece between vaping with ceramics and vaping with cotton...ceramics is the single best wick as far as flavor chasing goes..it's biggest drawbacks are that ceramic doesn't wick as fast as cotton and ceramics are fragile....you are spoiled you started with ceramics.

TrashCat

Member For 4 Years
I`m thinking of buying a Ammit 25 RTA. I tried a RDTA out to see if the flavor was on pair with my EUC ceramic coil. I was dissapointed, much more flavor in my EUC coil. Is the rebuildable tanks a hoax?
While the Estoc (or whatever newer tank you're using..Veco?) with the EUC ceramics does provide decent flavor, it doesn't come close to my single coil RTA or some of the RDTA's I've tried. I think something must have been off with the RDTA you tried (wicking? coil?).

I went through quite a lot of those EUC coils... Both ceramics and the Claptons... They came 10 in a pack for $13 CAD and got good reviews... Seems they've now changed to a 5 pack everywhere.

Last edited:
I've gotta agree with TrashCat- I've used the ceramic EUC coils extensively in the past as well as many RTAs and the flavor I get off of the RTAs I've used are lightyears beyond the flavor I've gotten off of the ceramic EUC coils. Either the build / wick in your RTA was garbage as trashcat implied or something wasn't configured correctly. Or maybe they wicked your RDTA with a tampon a la ohmboyoc.

VU Sponsors