Become a Patron!

Why does this taste bad

I'm relatively new to vaping. I got this vape a few months ago and haven't had any problems. But lately it tastes like its burnt. But here's the thing. I just changed the coil 4 days ago, I did it right you know I primed it and stuff. The tank is full so it's not dry. Help :(

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Welcome to the underground beans :vino:

Have you got any other details please?

Coil..atomiser...wattage vaping at...type of juice

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Welcome to VU. What are you vaping? What are you vaping on? Can you tell us the mod, atomizer and juice? Would make it much easier to help you troubleshoot.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Coils can go bad in 4 days

Coils can actually already be bad straight out of the package

Sometimes straight from the factory, the coil wire touches the metal housing and shorts out, or the cotton is overpacked, or has a bad spot, etc - tastes nasty

But more details, maybe there's a solution

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is it by any chance a Smok tank?
If so your problem is pretty average for Smok tanks/coils.

bestkeptsecret

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I'm relatively new to vaping. I got this vape a few months ago and haven't had any problems. But lately it tastes like its burnt. But here's the thing. I just changed the coil 4 days ago, I did it right you know I primed it and stuff. The tank is full so it's not dry. Help :(

Hi there.

you weren't vaping Marmalade on toast flavour with your settings too high were you ;)

Maybe you didn't do anything wrong. Getting a few months out of a coil is impressive, maybe its just your luck balancing out and you got a duff coil with a hot spot that burnt your cotton.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome @Beans and I hope you enjoy your stay!

Did you accidentally raise the wattage by accident? I had one of my MOD's MAX the Wattage when I did not shut it off before I replaced the batteries and did not realize it happened until I fired and fried a coil in 2 seconds.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Coils can actually already be bad straight out of the package
Sometimes straight from the factory,

Getting a few months out of a coil is impressive, maybe its just your luck balancing out and you got a duff coil with a hot spot that burnt your cotton.

It might have even been solar flares reversing the gravitational pull. The point being getting sick burnt taste is not always going to be down to a vaper's control, nor is it always something anyone can diagnose.

I can get coils to last a while, as in a few months or so. Do I know how? No, at least not fully so. Yes, I build some of my own coils. Yes, I buy some already made up coils. I randomly alternate as to what coil I'm using on what deck. What that lets me come to know from experience? There's no real science, rhyme or reason to why or how a coil can turn otherwise yummy vaping jaunts into something tasting like flung monkey dung.

We can speculate and offer some advice, what's worked for us and maybe a thought why. Ultimately though we have to realize that sometimes shit happens, all you can do is toss out a juice mix, toss out a coil build, start it over and hope for better. Sorry if that seems unfair or harsh. I don't recall vaping promising being the panacea, no magic bullets exist no matter what they try saying about JFK.

I need to mix more Jesus-this-is-good/terrible-Junk juice although I'm kind of running my vg real thin. :(:facepalm::cry: *sniff, sniff*

VU Sponsors