Become a Patron!

why dont all threads show up as new posts?

shynsly

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I posted in this thread to get it up to the top of new thread posts as it needs attention.

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/call-to-action-fda-comments-survey.9443/

It doesnt show up as a new post and why isnt a thread that is this important to all of us fighting the FDA not showing up at the top of every page????

Isnt this thread more important than the newest coil jig on the market or free giveaways????

Isnt the "New Posts" supposed to be the latest threads posted too???
Or is it just the post that the moderators deem worthy???

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
it is possible due to complaints about the vubot that the post from the advocacy section are filtered out. @VaporJoes might be able to clearly answer that.

shynsly

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
But why isnt VU putting this item regarding CASSA in the forefront???

lordmage

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
But why isnt VU putting this item regarding CASSA in the forefront???
it takes time for an alert sticky to come out and it should be noted that this item is a survey about the finished Call to action on the FDA comments. what mattered was people responded to that. with the survey people will find out and respond the level of urgency is not quite the same at least to me.

in short it takes time.

oncebitten

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was also curious about why all new threads don't show-up when clicking on 'New Posts'. I really like just being able to click that and see what's new but they don't all show-up when doing so. It's not life or death, but I would love to see all the new posts by just clicking one button :)

shynsly

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Lord, I appreciate your answering me but I believe that you are mistaken regarding the call to action (see below) as they also keeping this survey to submit to the FDA.
So I think someone at VU should be making a "Alert Sticky" as some people missed the FDA deadline and this is an opportunity for more of our voices heard.

"Because the FDA comment site may not post all of your comments and they are particularly difficult to track, we are also doing a survey of the vaping community to collect and officially record the comments made to the FDA. Depending upon participation, this should give CASAA a way to report the true involvement of the community to the media and Congress, along with a way to share your comments directly with them, without the comments submitted by the opposition and the cigar supporters. It will also give CASAA statistics on ways to better reach the vaping community for future actions. This will be compelling information that will help us continue our fight."

shynsly

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
looks like VU is just a shopping storefront, and tries to disguise itself as a concerned advocate.... a shame.....

shynsly

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
it takes time for an alert sticky to come out and it should be noted that this item is a survey about the finished Call to action on the FDA comments. what mattered was people responded to that. with the survey people will find out and respond the level of urgency is not quite the same at least to me.

in short it takes time.

doesnt seem that it take much time to post his profitable items does it....truly a joke especially if VU if filtering posts that are just trying to help the community....sounds more like a dark side to me every day....

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This is not vBulletin, it's Xenforo.

Recent Posts = All recent posts, even if read. If you posted, it's counted as read until someone else posts there.

The "Recent Posts" link is to the right on the top of the New Posts page.

IDK what you mean by VUbot taking over..I never see any of it.
It's just a RSS feed bot for deals. (from ebay, amazon, etc.)

It's not in the regular threads.

Perhaps wonder why ECF has the same thing now? Including a "Jobs" section.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
When you post a thread it will not show up as a new post to you until someone else replies to it. To everyone else it does show up as a new post.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
looks like VU is just a shopping storefront, and tries to disguise itself as a concerned advocate.... a shame.....
doesnt seem that it take much time to post his profitable items does it....truly a joke especially if VU if filtering posts that are just trying to help the community....sounds more like a dark side to me every day....
Shame on you - you undo everything CASAA does
I've seen these kind of posts on various forums, not just vaping ones. People on a quest to teach members on what they deem should be relevant. There are plenty of political only forums. If your idea is to also mingle politics into a social networking site, then that's what Vaping Underground does.

Perhaps you aught to take a look at your own course of action first. If you think your quest is so important that you have to make these statements about us then why don't you invest your own time and money in buying servers, building a platform, legal advisers, software developers, technicians, moderators and getting the word out there instead of coming on here insulting the founders, funders, staff and members. Again, shame on you.

Vapers on this forum come from all walks of life. And they come in many conditions. VU offers a place for people to make friends and enjoy themselves. Your political statement loses it's legs once you jump on your high horse and begin belittling members for sharing their coils as you put it. Really? That's what's keeping them off cigarettes and keeping them alive which is all of our intentions. And we do it in a fun, informal and non judgmental way.

Do you honestly think your idea of muting down general vape discussion is going to hold together a vaping community? Have you not considered members would simply leave and chat somewhere else under your proposed conditions? As for shopping - where did you find out about what vaping gear is on the market?

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

GargoyleK1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Seems this place gets targeted a lot by trolls… They show up… Cause shit… Then disappear after a bit.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I sincerely doubt that the moderators have time to go through each and every thread started to "Deem What Is Worthy" to be included as a new post.

I myself have started a thread or two and they have eventually showed up and gained traction on VU.

Granted that the rules of this place are rather lax by design, I tend to keep in mind that we are still all guest here.

So probably not a great idea to take a dump on your host desert platter:eek:

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Seems this place gets targeted a lot by trolls… They show up… Cause shit… Then disappear after a bit.
I truly don't think he/she was meaning to troll. They sincerely thought they had a point. But yet again as always they ruined it by showing their true colours.

They talk about advocacy for vapers - but then go on to slag off the community. Attempting to talk big. Let them be. Maybe they'll go get an education.

GargoyleK1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
May not have been the initial intent…. But sure turned out that way…

Never ceases to amaze me how hard people try to mold others to their will.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
May not have been the initial intent…. But sure turned out that way…

Never ceases to amaze me how hard people try to mold others to their will.

h394313DD.jpg

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
May I just say this...........................?

BOOGER! :D

lordmage

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
[QUOTE="shynsly, post: 68139, member: 1864"
"Because the FDA comment site may not post all of your comments and they are particularly difficult to track, we are also doing a survey of the vaping community to collect and officially record the comments made to the FDA. Depending upon participation, this should give CASAA a way to report the true involvement of the community to the media and Congress, along with a way to share your comments directly with them, without the comments submitted by the opposition and the cigar supporters. It will also give CASAA statistics on ways to better reach the vaping community for future actions. This will be compelling information that will help us continue our fight."[/QUOTE]
you are mistaken a bit i will point out the purpose for you in your quote as bold. with that being said it will be held by casaa for their own purposes and possibly to give to congress and the media not the FDA. i can also say with a matter of certainty that those who did respond to the FDA have already responded to this. in fact before you even said anything i already received it in my email from cassa like all true members would have. in addition i did forward the link to those i know who are not cassa members. you forget that VU is full of members who know what to do. those that come here as truely new will see the http://www.vapingunderground.com/#advocacy.144 section and join

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
It's a SURVEY!!!
CASAA already has a forum that swings from it's nuts.
It's called ECF.
The survey isn't even on the top of all of their pages!!!

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Lord is correct. I got a message by Facebook, Email, and the CASAA skype chat group I am in about the survey and already filled it out like 5 days ago.
In fact since I heard about it in skype BEFORE it was even posted anywhere else I am willing to bet I was somewhere in the first 50 people who filled it out.

It would be nice to see a new thread list instead of just a new post list just because it would be easier for us to moderate the forum.
I doubt it is possible or it would have already been done.

shynsly

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Shame on you - you undo everything CASAA does
I am undoing what CASSA does by trying to spread the word about this survey like CASSA has asked for?
I've seen these kind of posts on various forums said:
I am not trying to teach anyone anything but trying to see why VU isnt bringing this to the forefront.
There are plenty of political only forums. If your idea is to also mingle politics into a social networking site said:
So from what you are saying this is only a social site and CASSA doesnt belong here? What politics are you talking about?

shynsly

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Perhaps you aught to take a look at your own course of action first. If you think your quest is so important that you have to make these statements about us then why don't you invest your own time and money in buying servers said:
Us? I am sorry but are you an owner of VU? I was referring to the operations of this site not the members. Isnt this site supposed to enable the members to say how they feel without a reprimand? Maybe i was mistaken as that is what i was trying to do, and I am sorry if the VU managment cant take criticism. If VU chooses to not to have the CASSA calls to actions in the forefront like I am looking for then so be it. But when I asked originally I was told by a moderator that certain posts of a member might be filtered out which to me is a form of censorship so that all the members cannot see these updated posts. And that sounded fishy to me!

shynsly

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Vapers on this forum come from all walks of life. And they come in many conditions. VU offers a place for people to make friends and enjoy themselves. Your political statement loses it's legs once you jump on your high horse and begin belittling members for sharing their coils as you put it. Really? That's what's keeping them off cigarettes and keeping them alive which is all of our intentions. And we do it in a fun said:
Well if you read more clearly I was referring too someone looking for a coil jig, not the sharing of their coils (were you trolling me as this wasnt mentioned here?). Sorry if I feel that the matters with the FDA are a little more important than a jig to make coils at this time. From what I have heard there were only about 80,000 responses to the original FDA comments. Does that sounds like a good response to you compared to all of the members of this forum and others? To me it doesnt and that is why I think the CASSA information should be in the forefront and not where you have to look for it.
Do you honestly think your idea of muting down general vape discussion is going to hold together a vaping community? Have you not considered members would simply leave and chat somewhere else under your proposed conditions?[/QUOTE said:
Well from the responses I had received till the point i made those statements it appeared that the moderator wasnt responding to me, and I took that as
It wasnt important. And while many of us are involved and belong to CASSA and get all the notices, there are many who are not, that peruse this forum. Isnt it in all our best interests to let them know about this survey so that they can give their input to CASSA.

shynsly

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
As for shopping - where did you find out about what vaping gear is on the market?[/QUOTE said:
Actually it wasnt from here or VJ, but I am glad that they have helped you off the stinkies!!! Bravo!!!

shynsly

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

shynsly

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
[QUOTE="shynsly, post: 68139, member: 1864"
"Because the FDA comment site may not post all of your comments and they are particularly difficult to track, we are also doing a survey of the vaping community to collect and officially record the comments made to the FDA. Depending upon participation, this should give CASAA a way to report the true involvement of the community to the media and Congress, along with a way to share your comments directly with them, without the comments submitted by the opposition and the cigar supporters. It will also give CASAA statistics on ways to better reach the vaping community for future actions. This will be compelling information that will help us continue our fight."
you are mistaken a bit i will point out the purpose for you in your quote as bold. with that being said it will be held by casaa for their own purposes and possibly to give to congress and the media not the FDA. i can also say with a matter of certainty that those who did respond to the FDA have already responded to this. in fact before you even said anything i already received it in my email from cassa like all true members would have. in addition i did forward the link to those i know who are not cassa members. you forget that VU is full of members who know what to do. those that come here as truely new will see the http://www.vapingunderground.com/#advocacy.144 section and join[/QUOTE]

Well when I saw that they said "Report" to me that means that they are going to submit it to the FDA. So I guess its how you read it!

shynsly

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This is not vBulletin, it's Xenforo.

Recent Posts = All recent posts, even if read. If you posted, it's counted as read until someone else posts there.

The "Recent Posts" link is to the right on the top of the New Posts page.

Thanks for the clarification!

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
TBH, I understand his fervor about advocacy. I'm a member of CASAA and am on their lists.

Not everyone votes in elections, and not every vaper is going to want to be political about vaping. They just want to do their own thing.

Is that good or right that they wish to ignore the FDA and what is going on? ? IDK. But, it's a matter of personal choice when it comes to forums.
The political side of vaping shouldn't be shoved down peoples throats. It's about education, not propaganda, IMHO.

VU and Joe have always been a part of advocacy and vaper awareness. Search his blog for "FDA"...see what you see.
Perhaps it is a in a different way than some may like, but the message is still there. Just look at the symbol of VU...it's a Black Panther-esque fist.

When push comes to shove, we'll shove. And, we'll have the numbers to make it count.

VU Sponsors