Become a Patron!

why dont i see people ACTUALLY MODDING THIER MODS?!!.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
now hold on folks
i dont feel he was criticizing anything.
i think he was asking a serious question.
I myslef have wondered if reprogramming the chips was possible
I mean if you can program them, it should be possible with the right equipment to reprogram them.
But could you actually could would you be able to reprogram it for anything useful is the? I mean sure you could probably reprogram the startup message and what the screen says, but the software is still limited to the hardware specs

I think the OP should check in on the whiteout with its custom chip and open source software when it becomes available.

I think between that and the dna200 with escribe, that some people with coding knowledge are going to be able to see what could be done
To mod the chips on the programming level, cloudmakertech is working on a mod with an open source chip. Its supposed to be along the lines of an Arduino type of thing.
The mod is also going to be modualr with a variety of battery configurations some sort of bottom feed doamahickey.
The first round of DNA and Sx units is supposed to be out mid november(reality is it probably wont be till end of November) but its a new company and safe advice is wait and see what happens but just saying the programmable board is out there.
I have also seen people Doing something similar with an arduino board.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I see. I didn't realize it was a joke.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You're absolutely right. Modders generally aren't modding istick's. They're getting more of a return on their investment of time by building their own mods.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I watched the video again and now that I know it's satire, its pretty damn funny.

Last edited:

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I watched the video again and now that I now it's satire, its pretty damn funny.
Dude, watch all of his stuff.
Or fast forward to 4 minutes of this video

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Melvang

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't have much electronics engineering knowledge so please pardon any lack of understanding/knowledge. But would it be possible to use a Teensy 2.0 with the Atmega32u4 chip or the Teensy 3.X with an ARM chip to drive TC in a mod? Obviously would require custom firmware.
In my hobby the Teensy is used for a controller very often for custom mechanical keyboards and there is some impressive firmware options out in that field. Hell there is an aftermarket controller for a wide range of old IBM Model F keyboards that uses the Atmega32u2 chip. And that is a capacitive sending board not just momentary switches.

The 3.X versions aren't used near as often, mostly because that amount of processing power isnt really needed for a keyboard controller.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There was a 10 minute gap between the time you signed up for the forum and the time you posted this. I'm wondering what that 10 minute window was like for you. In my mind you're storming around your apartment waving your fists at a pile of iStick 30W's that you took apart for no good reason. And in my head they're all pink.
LOL...I put flame decals on my mod does that count?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
GIF--laughing-funny-LOL-haha-hehe-hilarious-fun-happy-oh-you-laugh-John-Candy-GIF.gif

avyrus666

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm new here but have confidence that at least ONE mod box might possibly be able to be flashed with CFW... I will edit this post when I remember the name....

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I'm new here but have confidence that at least ONE mod box might possibly be able to be flashed with CFW... I will edit this post when I remember the name....

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk
They all could very well...but Im not going to write code for something that has no other purpose and has less then 200mb of flash...

avyrus666

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They all could very well...but Im not going to write code for something that has no other purpose and has less then 200mb of flash...
SMY Touch Box looks capable, JS...

Edit: Laisimo L1 200W TC box mod looks just as promising for a CFW.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The chips in these are very basic, similar to a modern day Atari 16 bit

Kind of even doubt 16 bit. They may be 8 or 4. From what I see as an end user they seem nothing more than a controller circuit for the protection fuse/s or mosfet. Granted I'm not a super duper electronics whiz but I often hear about this guy Occam having a razor.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Kind of even doubt 16 bit. They may be 8 or 4. From what I see as an end user they seem nothing more than a controller circuit for the protection fuse/s or mosfet. Granted I'm not a super duper electronics whiz but I often hear about this guy Occam having a razor.
I was being generous ;)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I kid you not my brother has said that to me more than once. Usually follwed by an "oh $*@% that wasnt suppossed to happen."

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Awe shoot, that's no count. It's always best to yell out, "Going zactly like I planned it", even it's all going to shit. :)

There was a 10 minute gap between the time you signed up for the forum and the time you posted this. I'm wondering what that 10 minute window was like for you. In my mind you're storming around your apartment waving your fists at a pile of iStick 30W's that you took apart for no good reason. And in my head they're all pink.
Bwhahahahaha this just made my Effie night lmfao

Bad Ass Trucker

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Ahhhahahahhahahahhah!!!!

WHALERCAT

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
VaporWhale is a TERRIBLE Vendor. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM. I am an honest person and hate being lied to. Their customer service is holding my money hostage on a product they said was in stock before I paid(EVEN GOT A CONFIRMATION EMAIL), and now all of a sudden is on backorder. They won't even cancel the order and refund my money. I suspect this will be deleted, but I am spreading the word on every vaping form I can find. THIS COMPANY IS DISHONEST. DO NOT TRUST THEM.

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It won't be deleted as a matter of course, but I can't be the only one wondering why the fuck you felt like sharing the news in this thread.

Especially after you already had posted the same text in the actual VaporWhale thread.

I decided to not quote you, so you're free to delete the copy here and I'll just look like a drooling idjit. Nothing new. :p

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It won't be deleted as a matter of course, but I can't be the only one wondering why the fuck you felt like sharing the news in this thread.

Especially after you already had posted the same text in the actual VaporWhale thread.

I decided to not quote you, so you're free to delete the copy here and I'll just look like a drooling idjit. Nothing new. :p

Hehehe * passes a spare drooling bib from his big pile of them * Fugees taking over, yo. Many of us are drooling idjits. S'all Goode is our favorite author. He tells us in his stories ... Go Fuck Yourself. He does so because he truly loves us and wants us to experience the divinity of love, even if it is self pleasured. Just beware of the accidental dolphin anal sex. Some things you can never unsee.

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I swam with dolphins, it was a mom and her two year old daughter.
(DRC in the Keys)

I was safe. :p

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
what I mean by this is. I see people have all kinds of set ups..that you can buy.. and sure people even build their own mods. I know a guy who builds lipo box mods that go up to 200 amps using a capacitor..shit that no one talks about.. it just seems like there aren't many people that actually fully know anything about electronics doing anything to their mods. no firmware hacks, no custom displays, adding a capacitor ect. no one seems to be smart enough to actually tinker with their shit it seems.. just like to toss stats and say how stupidly low their resistance gets.. but have no real idea of the electronics world.. IE bet you don't own a soldering gun with a 1 mill tip..

take this as a challenge to show me otherwise.. IE an Eleaf 100W hacked to do tc or run 150W's with custom wiring.. fuck linux on an SMY be cool.. COMMON REAL NERDS!!.
i am surprised we dont see tabletop cigs,, not like that bong thing,,something a lot better looking and maybe more discrete.

this just looks awful,, i was thinking about something we could use a tiny lamp and screw the atty where the lightbulb goes.....or whatever,,,with real electricity
https://www.vaporplants.com/media/w...-bickel-review-vaporizer-desktop-tabletop.JPG

volcano-digit-storz-bickel-review-vaporizer-desktop-tabletop.JPG

WHALERCAT

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Jim. I somehow doubt you need my help to look like a drooling idjit as you said. I may have posted this in the wrong forum, but I searched that terrible companies name and this thread came up. Hence the cut and paste. I stand by my statement and apologise for posting in the wrong thread. I do however believe we all have a duty to post bad companies to prevent fraud and further scams.
I personally do a lot of business buying out of Shenzen, China and or Hong Kong, and most of our handling is very good. There are too many bad companies that do not honor their commitments and it just bothers me.

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Odd... the only place I find "whale" in this thread is your nik.

And in case you didn't notice, that city we all deal with is in China, no need to mention both... though you might learn how to spell it.

If you stay and join in the discussions of this board, that would be great, but if you just needed to sign up somewhere solely to blast a company... try Yelp.

VU Sponsors