Become a Patron!

Why hasn't cloud chasing just....died by now.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can remember when cloud chasing started...a bunch of guys in the phillipinies were starting to build double,even triple coils in their drippers with silica and bombing out this huge clouds....It was amussing,but just kind of silly.Most of the modders were trying to build attys that were geared toward flavor.I remeber getting a dressing down on a vaping forum for vaping below 1 ohm...
Fast forward every other thread on this forum is about...how to get bigger cloud...best build for bigger cloud...best atty/tank for bigger clouds.
In as much as vaping started off as a more healthy alternative to smoking and deliver nicotine, and that vaping was trying to mimic the experince of smoking...where'd we go so horribely wrong......I mean the point is to get a nic fix, and in order to do that you don't need a tremendous amount of juice or voltage.and I get wanting a mouthfull of vapor, but inhaling a pint of VG/PG in order to get a nic fix in one drag seems like you're exposing yourself to alot more forgien materials into your lungs than is neccessary......and then the whole 0 nic totally baffels me.
So what gives.....why vape a pint of juice to get the same amount of nic than is in one cigarette.

Let the gnashing of teeth begin.

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think it appeals to the new vapers. I've noticed as I have gotten further into my vaping career lol that I am far more concerned about chasing the flavor of that $22 bottle of juice that I payed for more than a huge cloud.
I personally am not bothered by cloud chasers or anything. I think that each vaper has their own vape journey that they take. Whether it is cloud chasing, flavor chasing, build junkies whatever, we are all one big happy dysfunctional family.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Personally I love to blow clouds because its fun
And the money I save not buying 4 cartons of Marlboro a month anymore buys a hell of alot of juice
4941c15aacf425b5d7b7d8ecf4683f93.jpg
You are wrong stating vaping a pint of juice for a nicotine hit, lololo
Two good deep cloud blowin lung hits on a .25 ohm build at 75-80w with 2.5 mgs of nic and I'm good.. Very satisfying and enjoyable.. Clouds are a by product of that hit..

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

VapingN252

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Honestly I don't think enough juice taste well enough to try and become a connoisseur. Honestly might as well have fun with it, socialize with others at lounges and get a little dizzy from the big drags.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Personally I love to blow clouds because its fun
And the money I save not buying 4 cartons of Marlboro a month anymore buys a hell of alot of juice
4941c15aacf425b5d7b7d8ecf4683f93.jpg
You are wrong stating vaping a pint of juice for a nicotine hit, lololo
Two good deep cloud blowin lung hits on a .25 ohm build at 75-80w with 2.5 mgs of nic and I'm good.. Very satisfying and enjoyable.. Clouds are a by product of that hit..

pint of juice....see that's called sarcasam..

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Honestly I don't think enough juice taste well enough to try and become a connoisseur. Honestly might as well have fun with it, socialize with others at lounges and get a little dizzy from the big drags.
Jeez we smoked cigarettes....not exactlly haute cuisnine........but I disagree juices can be trully great to vape....a NET juice from a great cigar is even better than smoking a great cigar.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also these new high powered mods and the vast array of quality cloud blowin RDA's and subtanks adds greatly to blowin thick, flavorful clouds ..like these two 200w mods and the Smok TFV4's
Clouds rival my best RDA's, in a tank! Lololo
78bc92fcf59ac7426ae72ee7f42499c4.jpg

Last edited:

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also these new high powered mods and the vast array of quality cloud blowin RDA's and subtanks adds greatly to blowin thick, flavorful clouds ..like these two 200w mods at the Smok TFV4's
Clouds rival my best RDA's, in a tank! Lololo
78bc92fcf59ac7426ae72ee7f42499c4.jpg

Yeah, cool...I'm not really interested in what blows big clouds I already know how to blow big clouds.... been there done that...I'm interested in why people are still doing it.

VapingN252

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I personally couldn't name you 5 juices I've ever had that tasted exactly like the description. One is on oculus by northern lights. I'm a connoisseur of cereal and that taste exactly like a bowl of fruity pebbles. Ohm hit wonder muffin man tasted exactly like a cinnamon apple muffin until it steeped for a while. Too sweet then. After that it's a toss up for me.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I personally couldn't name you 5 juices I've ever had that tasted exactly like the description. One is on oculus by northern lights. I'm a connoisseur of cereal and that taste exactly like a bowl of fruity pebbles. Ohm hit wonder muffin man tasted exactly like a cinnamon apple muffin until it steeped for a while. Too sweet then. After that it's a toss up for me.
Well I like NET juices and alot of them are superb...but I agree with you 90% of e-juice is total shit...it forced me to start DIY juice.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, cool...I'm not really interested in what blows big clouds I already know how to blow big clouds.... been there done that...I'm interested in why people are still doing it.
it's fun and very enjoyable, as most folks will tell you..alot more pleasurable than tootle puffing on a Provari/Protank, like I started off with 4 yrs ago as a newbie..but to each his own I reckon

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
it's fun and very enjoyable, as most folks will tell you..alot more pleasurable than tootle puffing on a Provari/Protank, like I started off with 4 yrs ago as a newbie..but to each his own I reckon

as someone who has tried both no, it is not more enjoyable to me....arching your back throwing your head back,panting like a racehorse..nope looks like doing yoga or calesthentics.But I guess the thing I don't understand is why go through all those contortions when it's easier to sip on a higher proof spirit to get the same high.

chaz101

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Dumb question from a newbie: What is meant by NET juices.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dumb question from a newbie: What is meant by NET juices.
Naturally Extracted Tobacco ....e juices made from making extracts from actual tobacco rathter than trying to make a tobacco flavoring from flavor molecules.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
as someone who has tried both no, it is not more enjoyable to me....arching your back throwing your head back,panting like a racehorse..nope looks like doing yoga or calesthentics.But I guess the thing I don't understand is why go through all those contortions when it's easier to sip on a higher proof spirit to get the same high.
That's the way you Vape? If so that's hilarious! It certainly doesn't describe the way I vape for sure... I mean my back doesn't arch nor do I do calesthetics or contortions and panting like a racehorse?? C'mon man, that indeed is funnier than hell but it certainly don't describe me when I blow clouds. In fact its just the opposite, body is completely relaxed and I feel great. This is why I chose to vape in the first place, lol

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's the way you Vape? If so that's hilarious! It certainly doesn't describe the way I vape for sure... I mean my back doesn't arch nor do I do calesthetics or contortions and panting like a racehorse?? Come on man, that indeed is funnier than hell but it certainly don't describe me when I blow clouds. In fact its just the opposite, body is completely relaxed and I feel great. This is why I chose to vape in the first place, lol

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk
I mean personally...we don't know shit about what effects vaping vg/pg is going to have on the long term,not to mention flavorings.for lung health so, I don't know why we don't minimize exposure by vaping smaller more potent clouds....

chaz101

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Naturally Extracted Tobacco ....e juices made from making extracts from actual tobacco rathter than trying to make a tobacco flavoring from flavor molecules.
Thank you pulsevape for your prompt response.

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I can remember when cloud chasing started...a bunch of guys in the phillipinies were starting to build double,even triple coils in their drippers with silica and bombing out this huge clouds....It was amussing,but just kind of silly.Most of the modders were trying to build attys that were geared toward flavor.I remeber getting a dressing down on a vaping forum for vaping below 1 ohm...
Fast forward every other thread on this forum is about...how to get bigger cloud...best build for bigger cloud...best atty/tank for bigger clouds.
In as much as vaping started off as a more healthy alternative to smoking and deliver nicotine, and that vaping was trying to mimic the experince of smoking...where'd we go so horribely wrong......I mean the point is to get a nic fix, and in order to do that you don't need a tremendous amount of juice or voltage.and I get wanting a mouthfull of vapor, but inhaling a pint of VG/PG in order to get a nic fix in one drag seems like you're exposing yourself to alot more forgien materials into your lungs than is neccessary......and then the whole 0 nic totally baffels me.
So what gives.....why vape a pint of juice to get the same amount of nic than is in one cigarette.

Let the gnashing of teeth begin.
A lot of it just comes from people liking vaping as a hobby. They enjoy tinkering to push the performance of their devices. Why do people modify cars?, jump out of airplanes?,climb mountains?, etc. Because they could.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There is nothing wrong with cloud chasing. What is wrong is rude idiots clouding up buses and indoor public places. The way I see it, do what the hell you want as long as you aren't bothering others.
There is nothing wrong with cloud chasing. What is wrong is rude idiots clouding up buses and indoor public places. The way I see it, do what the hell you want as long as you aren't bothering others.
no,no ...I don't think it's wrong...I'm trying to understand the appeal.I mean I've done it myself, but other than the novelty I just don't see it.

decisively_unsure

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
no,no ...I don't think it's wrong...I'm trying to understand the appeal.I mean I've done it myself, but other than the novelty I just don't see it.
Youthful misplaced ego aside I guess the main appeal is with the cloud tricks, maybe even a satisfaction watching huge clouds leave the mouth.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I am a cloud pusher.

I was a serious cigarette junkie for too many years.

I LIKE clouds, as well as nicotine. But I am not a douche when I vape. I have respect for others and don't call a cumulous storm front in non vape friendly places.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am a cloud pusher.

I was a serious cigarette junkie for too many years.

I LIKE clouds, as well as nicotine. But I am not a douche when I vape. I have respect for others and don't call a cumulous storm front in non vape friendly places.
when I cloud chase I always feel like have an oxygen mask on exhaling vaper.also I loved smoking and I guess cloud chasing isn't like smoking at all.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
when I cloud chase I always feel like have an oxygen mask on exhaling vaper.
Do you mean you have a hard time breathing?

I don't have that unless I get to vaping like a freight train. You may just be sensitive to high VG, in some way.

decisively_unsure

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
when I cloud chase I always feel like have an oxygen mask on exhaling vaper.also I loved smoking and I guess cloud chasing isn't like smoking at all.
The closest I have had to real smoking is an Aspire Nautilus on the mid airflow setting i.e. mouth to lung. Indeed cloud chasing and sub Ohm is all about direct to lung, something that would be mad to do on a real cigarette.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, I mean like I'm not vaping, but like I'm breathing vapor....there's no distinction between air and vapor...it's overkill.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The closest I have had to real smoking is an Aspire Nautilus on the mid airflow setting i.e. mouth to lung. Indeed cloud chasing and sub Ohm is all about direct to lung, something that would be mad to do on a real cigarette.
exactlly ...it's not like the slow sensual drag on a cigarette....it's like scuba diving.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
No, I mean like I'm not vaping, but like I'm breathing vapor....there's no distinction between air and vapor...it's overkill.

I don't get that with vaping. Once I exhale and bring that new breath back in, it feels like air.

When I smoked, after smoking that cigarette, I felt like I was suffocating for a bit afterwards.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't get that with vaping. Once I exhale and bring that new breath back in, it feels like air.

When I smoked, after smoking that cigarette, I felt like I was suffocating for a bit afterwards.
...yeah ..and so...what you don't like suffocating...who doesn't like suffocating.

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
For some of us vaping goes beyond just the simple need of a nicotine fix. It can also be a really fun hobby-one with many aspects to it of which cloud chasing would be just one. In order to understand many of the aspects you need to pull your head out of the "addict hunting for a quick fix" mindset and realize what some people enjoy, others may not. Not understanding "why" people enjoy cloud chasing and cloud comps says more about you than it does about them.

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
For some of us vaping goes beyond just the simple need of a nicotine fix. It can also be a really fun hobby-one with many aspects to it of which cloud chasing would be just one. In order to understand many of the aspects you need to pull your head out of the "addict hunting for a quick fix" mindset and realize what some people enjoy, others may not. Not understanding "why" people enjoy cloud chasing and cloud comps says more about you than it does about them.
The only place I disagree with you is pointing a finger back @pulsevape. I think what the whole damn country suffers from issues when debating an issue. The freedom to have an opinion is American. State your opinions, and evidence to support them. Don't try and somehow deflect it back on the individual for having a different opinion, and I am as bad about doing it as anyone, but I am trying to do better.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well, I consider myself a flavor chaser not a cloud chaser. But between blowing the massive cloud from a dual parallel build on a series Mech and blowing a dense thick flavorful vape at 50-60 on a DNA/SX
I'll take the thick dense vape that I can almost chew.
I have my moods, sometimes I choose to mouth to lung inhale off of a single coil at 15w but normally I prefer a lung hit.
Why? Its just what I enjoy doing.
What I can't stand is going to a coffee shop and seeing cloud chasers making the deck look like it has its own weather system. Not that I wouldn't enjoy vaping like that from time to time, but I can't stand seeing the reactions from the civilians who have to walk through to get to the door.
I think that makes all of us look like douchebags.

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, I consider myself a flavor chaser not a cloud chaser. But between blowing the massive cloud from a dual parallel build on a series Mech and blowing a dense thick flavorful vape at 50-60 on a DNA/SX
I'll take the thick dense vape that I can almost chew.
I have my moods, sometimes I choose to mouth to lung inhale off of a single coil at 15w but normally I prefer a lung hit.
Why? Its just what I enjoy doing.
What I can't stand is going to a coffee shop and seeing cloud chasers making the deck look like it has its own weather system. Not that I wouldn't enjoy vaping like that from time to time, but I can't stand seeing the reactions from the civilians who have to walk through to get to the door.
I think that makes all of us look like douchebags.
LOL, The only place we see that here is in the vape shop. Vaping is banned indoors most places. The vape shop has a vape bar and it's not uncommon not to be able to see the back wall. I try to respect others space with my, vaping, burping, farting, having sex, etc. The vape shop, and blowing huge clouds is sort of like farting in a car full of your buddies, very acceptable.

Don't know why this showed up as a reply to f1r3b1rd, was just throwing it out and it quoted him. Tried to edit and fix, no joy, no worries.

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
LOL, The only place we see that here is in the vape shop. Vaping is banned indoors most places. The vape shop has a vape bar and it's not uncommon not to be able to see the back wall. I try to respect others space with my, vaping, burping, farting, having sex, etc. The vape shop, and blowing huge clouds is sort of like farting in a car full of your buddies, very acceptable.
Oh when I go to the shop I blow clouds with the rest of them, that's what the place is for, lol
I'm referring to a normal every day coffee shop with an outdoor deck for "smokers" except now its foggers.lol
Its nice to see more mods than cigarettes mind you, but I only would like to see more awareness on how it looks to those that dont vape and are walking by with kids, babies.... It really makes those people are anyone with a mod in a bad light.

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The only place I disagree with you is pointing a finger back @pulsevape. I think what the whole damn country suffers from issues when debating an issue. The freedom to have an opinion is American. State your opinions, and evidence to support them. Don't try and somehow deflect it back on the individual for having a different opinion, and I am as bad about doing it as anyone, but I am trying to do better.
Having an opinion is one thing, shitting on someone else for theirs is something else completely.
I been through all the evolutions of vaping, started out with v2 cigalikes then on to cartos, then ego etc etc. Its def not about smoking cessation anymore, it hasnt been for years.... now ita about building as fancy a coil i can and ramping up the watts on it and ripping through clouds... the bigger the better... in fact i cant get flavor if its not on the tail of a massive cloud anymore. People say flavor chase, like its different, imo there is no flavor with no cloud.
So the reason why is self explanatory. Same reason why people have a drink of coke, become vegetarians, listen to certain genres of music, dress certain ways, its the reason behind everything humans do, its cause we feel like it.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I also really love the heirachy some see. I was at Sao coffee shop yesterday with my vaporshark dna200 and was using a crius.
Someone with am ipv3and smok tfv4 asked me what I was using.
So I told him, then he asked why I was 'still' on that and I should graduate to a smok. Hahahahahaha- I had to look for the hidden ecf camera.
I mean really? What happened to just being happy someone else is a vapor.

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The way I see it is there's two kinds of vapers. 1st are people that vape like there smokeing (mtl). The 2nd are people that vape like a vapor (slh). When I 1st started I was a mtl guy but I realized i'm not a smoker anymore. So I started doing straight lung hits. To keep the same amount of flavor I upped the clouds and never looked back.

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I also really love the heirachy some see. I was at Sao coffee shop yesterday with my vaporshark dna200 and was using a crius.
So I told him, then he asked why I was 'still' on that and I should graduate to a smok. Hahahahahaha- I had to look for the hidden ecf camera.
I roll out with my quasar sometimes or igow. Usually if it was good then itll still be good now. You shoulda told him your dna200 mod destroys his ipv3 on performance anyway so why he talkin shit hahaha.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is why I asked the question you twit.

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That's so funny bc the crius is the newest of the two so him saying that goes to show just how little he knows.

VU Sponsors