Become a Patron!

Why hasn't cloud chasing just....died by now.

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
How effing fast would the general public believe something like that existed. New VU thread, photoshopped mods in bungee jumpers hands, some half-ass logo, a couple quote-worthy posts. It would be on national news websites in a week.
If it's on the internet it must be true.

I'm the illegitimate love-child of strategy and creativity. Now neither parent admits to having me.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good. Because now I'm thinking about starting a Bungee Vaping Club. Maybe call it Ropes and Coils. "Vapers Blowing Mad Clouds... Upside Down." (TM)
Extreme vaping I like it .. I think its time to jump out of a airplane again and vape this time

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Extreme vaping I like it .. I think its time to jump out of a airplane again and vape this time
hqdefault.jpg

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'd like to know what part of the world this is happening in because around me vaping indoors has been banned by the businesses for at least 3 years. The local businesses beat the local and state legislation by years in banning vaping (the state only bans vaping in health care facilities, public buildings, and leaves private buildings at the discretion of the owner) which didn't happen until last year.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

We can still smoke at the local family restaurant here. We also have restaurants that don't allow smoking. But then again I still live in America, where we are allowed to make our own choices.

James

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I'd like to know what part of the world this is happening in because around me vaping indoors has been banned by the businesses for at least 3 years. The local businesses beat the local and state legislation by years in banning vaping (the state only bans vaping in health care facilities, public buildings, and leaves private buildings at the discretion of the owner) which didn't happen until last year.

Is there some way that you know of that , in hindsight , could have been prevented from happening ?

guyakaguy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is there some way that you know of that , in hindsight , could have been prevented from happening ?
Like is there a way that the local businesses could've decided not to ban vaping? Not that I know of, but I'm not a business owner.

I also haven't been to a proper bar in a while so I don't know if people are vaping in bars (but I would venture to say they aren't). I think, for the most part, people around here have been accustomed to not being able to smoke indoors for over 8 years so even vapers have been going outside to vape with the smokers.

Last edited:

hotrod351

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
to me i think it looks funny, big huge vape cloud. im 65 and started little over month ago. cant wait till i can walk into the nearby supply house and blow a big huge could, just to get a reaction. then thats it, over and done.

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You never know, you might... gasp... like it. There'a a different texture, fullness and effect with thicker clouds. I did it to see if I could simply do it - the thickest, biggest clouds were not perfect for me, but toned down a bit and it's far more satisfying to me than my old ways of the 50/50 mixes. PG is harsh, I don't need harsh anymore. I need smooth. Plus, I'm having the kind of day (sick) where, someone don't like my cloud? My cloud don't like you either. I'm vaping for me. Done with trying to please people.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, cool...I'm not really interested in what blows big clouds I already know how to blow big clouds.... been there done that...I'm interested in why people are still doing it.
Why?? Because for me the thicker, bigger clouds produce a harder nicotine hit on a .25 coil at 80w than tootle puffing on a 1.8 ohm coil at 12w....the flavor is awesome as well...might also say its the best vape possible for my my money spent...simple really

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why?? Because for me the thicker, bigger clouds produce a harder nicotine hit on a .25 coil at 80w than tootle puffing on a 1.8 ohm coil at 12w....the flavor is awesome as well...might also say its the best vape possible for my my money spent...simple really

just up the nic level in your juice and you get the same effect without having to double the amount of pg vg flavorings that you do at .25....simple really
as for flavor cloud chasing has never been renouned as a style of flavor chasing...the simple fact is you burn up more juice which means you are burning up more flavorings so yeah you are consuming more flavorings....,but the quality and nuances of the flavor are muted and more toned down than in other styles of vaping.cotton doesn't really make flavors pop.

Last edited:

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Hell yeah

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Cubed2mod

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hookah is why I am cloud chasing still (just figured that out now lol) I started vaping and quit chewing (thank god). Anywho, I always loved taking massive rips off of a hookah. Heck I would go as far to say my buddies and I used to have cloud comps with the hookah. Also, just the love of building keeps me chasing. So thankful for an alternative.

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FLAVOR CHASING/CLOUD CHASING.....
(REGULATED DEVICES) Know your juice
Know your coils
Know your RDA/RDTA
Know your batteries
Know your MOD
adjust wattage/temp to your liking
Don't VAPE where you can't smoke
Be mindful of others

VAPE ON

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
just up the nic level in your juice and you get the same effect without having to double the amount of pg vg flavorings that you do at .25....simple really
as for flavor cloud chasing has never been renouned as a style of flavor chasing...the simple fact is you burn up more juice which means you are burning up more flavorings so yeah you are consuming more flavorings....,but the quality and nuances of the flavor are muted and more toned down than in other styles of vaping.cotton doesn't really make flavors pop.
Well first of all I vape only 10O% VG, with 2.5 mg of nicotine for a smooth hit and thick milky white clouds ... 3 hits like the one below and I'm good.
f14416fd97a1b02702624bb522b73f54.jpg
having a little fun fogging up my room under the blacklight..its a .22 ohm dual 24g Nichrome build at 75w
on the IPV3/Dark Horse..
Just got the RX200/TfV4 for clouds that rivals my best RDA's, from a tank!!
Yeah man, I do love to rip those thick tasty clouds, the best part is I'm completely tobacco free and enjoy it immensely..
9a554879ee56847cbfc2b0f0806ba94c.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well first of all I vape only 10O% VG, with 2.5 mg of nicotine for a smooth hit and thick milky white clouds ... 3 hits like the one below and I'm good.
f14416fd97a1b02702624bb522b73f54.jpg
having a little fun fogging up my room under the blacklight..its a .22 ohm dual 24g Nichrome build at 75w
on the IPV3/Dark Horse..
Just got the RX200/TfV4 for clouds that rivals my best RDA's, from a tank!!
Yeah man, I do love to rip those thick tasty clouds, the best part is I'm completely tobacco free and enjoy it immensely..
9a554879ee56847cbfc2b0f0806ba94c.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Man oh man, it's been literally decades since I had or hung out with a bunch of black lights - I bet clouds look awesome under those. Yeesh, blast from the past, bringing up memories of video games and florescent posters of crazy mushrooms and hookah-smoking caterpillars hahah

Cubed2mod

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
FLAVOR CHASING/CLOUD CHASING.....
(REGULATED DEVICES) Know your juice
Know your coils
Know your RDA/RDTA
Know your batteries
Know your MOD
adjust wattage/temp to your liking
Don't VAPE where you can't smoke
Be mindful of others

VAPE ON
TRUTH

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk

skiibo4200

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
who do people have 30 mods why do ppl have 100s of juices why do ppl make 100s of unnecessary coils why do people diy, I am guilty off all the above and I do it cause its a hobby not just an addiction I enjoy everything about vaping including big clouds.

vapestachio

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I agree I started out to stop smoking like most people with a estick30 and a Nautilus, now I have half a dozen mods and tanks and about 10 rdas. What started as smoking cessation is now a hobby, and as I have led 3 of my close friends to stop the stinkies by giving them old gear, and even bought gear we now are in a sort of unspoken competition with ourselves with gear and clouds and builds and such. Not only have we stopped smoking, but as we are all also father's and have busy lives, the vape thing gives us an outlet to not only see each other more, but also release the stress of life and act young for a few, so we blow big fat stupid clouds while the wives sound much like the OP!

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree I started out to stop smoking like most people with a estick30 and a Nautilus, now I have half a dozen mods and tanks and about 10 rdas. What started as smoking cessation is now a hobby, and as I have led 3 of my close friends to stop the stinkies by giving them old gear, and even bought gear we now are in a sort of unspoken competition with ourselves with gear and clouds and builds and such. Not only have we stopped smoking, but as we are all also father's and have busy lives, the vape thing gives us an outlet to not only see each other more, but also release the stress of life and act young for a few, so we blow big fat stupid clouds while the wives sound much like the OP!

well that's honest..... I blow big clouds becuase I equate it with my manhood and lost youth...

vapestachio

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
well that's honest..... I blow big clouds becuase I equate it with my manhood and lost youth...
Yeah kinda missed the point, friendship, not smoking, it has nothing to do with manliness, its a hobby, and that's how we choose to do it because that's what makes the hobby fun for us. I've never spotted someone vaping in a manner that I don't and said "man that's really stupid, I can't believe people still do that." If its how you choose to spend your money and time then its not up to me, nor would I assert myself into persuading you to do any different.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah kinda missed the point, friendship, not smoking, it has nothing to do with manliness, its a hobby, and that's how we choose to do it because that's what makes the hobby fun for us. I've never spotted someone vaping in a manner that I don't and said "man that's really stupid, I can't believe people still do that." If its how you choose to spend your money and time then its not up to me, nor would I assert myself into persuading you to do any different.

I don't presume I have some sort of superpower that allows my opinion to have anymore validity or power over people's minds than they do...just curious...

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I just went to his fucking page out of curiosity.......That's more than 9 minutes I wont get back, thanks, thanks a fucking lot.
Bahahahahah!!!!!!! Vape Hard, brother.

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bahahahahah!!!!!!! Vape Hard, brother.

The vaping dark world one or whatever the fuck it was sucked me in and after that I had to quit.....I don't know if this dude is kinda serious or what. But I got up from my computer and proceeded to punch an inanimate object.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The vaping dark world one or whatever the fuck it was sucked me in and after that I had to quit.....I don't know if this dude is kinda serious or what. But I got up from my computer and proceeded to punch an inanimate object.
I bet that inatimate object had it coming to it.as f1r3b1rd will tell you I'm half serious and half baked.

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Bahahas!!!! For the record, that Is a total joke and satire. RavenVapes is a character played by Liam Lynch (creator of syphil and Ollie) another vapor and friend of grimmgrean.

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bahahas!!!! For the record, that Is a total joke and satire. RavenVapes is a character played by Liam Lynch (creator of syphil and Ollie) another vapor and friend of grimmgrean.

Ok that makes me feel a little better but I just don't get it I guess...but thanks again jerk:)

Fuckin you tube is evil, I was on that stupid site for hours last night, you start watching one thing and then start clicking another and next thing you know .....

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ok that makes me feel a little better but I just don't get it I guess...but thanks again jerk:)

Fuckin you tube is evil, I was on that stupid site for hours last night, you start watching one thing and then start clicking another and next thing you know .....
Haha, yeah I started watching reviews on a cell phone I want, 3 hours ago, now I'm watching star wars sith theories

decisively_unsure

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Don't vape where you don't smoke is a cultural construct, nothing to do with health. Blowing massive clouds is also a social construct as it pisses people off. The solution? Have a discrete mini tank for when you are out and about so you don't piss people off and also enjoy your freedom to vape. Am more than happy to have a cheeky vape in a crowded dark bar with my Nautilus Mini, but wouldn't take the piss honking my VLS Vulcan at 45W in the same bar...

VU Sponsors