Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why is “PG” necessary in Vaping oils?
It isn't. But it is a flavor "carrier" and most flavorings are PG-based. VG-based flavors are available, but tend to be bland. 100% VG juices are not only possible, but are sold as "max VG" blends. Although they do produce bigger clouds, max VG juices are more slowly absorbed by most stock coils and do tend to be less flavorful.
** And we never vape "oil," I personally hate it when juices are referred to as such. ;)

VistaVaporsInc

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Why is “PG” necessary in Vaping oils?
Teresa P pretty much nailed it on the head! For further explanation, we do have some really great blogs and whatnot pertaining to this. Here's a quote from one of our blogs that I think explains it pretty well, " PG is a thinner liquid, and the make up of PG allows for "introduced" products (such as flavors and nicotine) to remain suspended throughout the liquid while it is in a resting state. This is the primary reason for many E-Juices to have PG in their recipes. With an additive such as PG, the juice stays more homogeneous and as one mixture, rather than separating into the different compounds as it sits over time. The oxidation process (steeping) can only occur if the mixture remains a mixture, AKA if there is nothing to keep your flavor and nicotine from separating completely (PG/VG!) it won't steep properly." That really explains the science behind choosing PG in vape juice over other additives!

Last edited by a moderator:

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If consumed 2ml of PG will kill a child .. .

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
If consumed 2ml of PG will kill a child .. .

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
It's not the PG that can kill... It's the Nicotine...
"propylene glycol is a “generally recognized as safe” (GRAS) additive for foods and medications.Propylene glycol rarely causes toxic effects, and then only under very unusual circumstances."
https://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/csem/csem.asp?csem=12&po=14

"Because of its water-retaining properties, propylene glycol is the compound of choice for delivering atomized medications. It has been used in asthma inhalers and nebulizers since the 1950s"

Last edited:

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Nicotine kills?????

If you down a bottle of high concentrate undiluted nic yeah youre gonna have a bad day but youre talking extremes here not normal Vaping conditions ...keep mixing ingredients out of the way of the littlens and don’t be stupid simples ....

Under Normal Vaping conditions nic is only replacing what you had in Cigs ...if you get headaches, cold sweats or racy heart lower the concentrate level ...when you first quit Cigs you’ll be reaching for the vape more to start with bear that in mind with the concentration level

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Nicotine kills?????
Just like most things... nicotine in low concentration and moderation is not harmful. However, if a child drinks undiluted nic at concentrations of 48mg/ml or higher it will definitely make them sick and can lead to death. But there is no reason to fear nicotine. People have been inhaling nicotine in tobacco for century's. It's only hazardous in high concentrations.

Think of it like this... Carbon Dioxide is in the air we breathe every day... at low volumes, it's harmless. But... if you lock yourself in a garage and fill the garage with it, well you know what happens. :confused:

VU Sponsors