Become a Patron!

Why is there no industry standard for 510 drip tip fittings?

GrayVaper

Drips in Public
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
so, the wife gets a new iStick Mini mod with a GS16-s tank. She wants a different drip tip and I figured " no problem baby!" Well, two vape shops later, we could not find a drip tip that fit. Every one she liked was too loose. Then I get a freebie little Viva Nova clearomiser tank in a shipment of atomiser bases from a vendor and the drip tip was kind of what she wanted,.....and the damn thing fit!
Apparently, it's not uncommon in the industry to find that not all 510 drip tips are the same connection diameter. I don't understand why?

Any thoughts?

Myk

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Slightly too small? Pop the gasket off and wrap some dental floss in the groove, put the gasket back on. You may also find a bigger gasket.
You'd think it would be standard but I guess they all think close is good enough and the gasket will take care of it.

GrayVaper

Drips in Public
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like your idea but why don't they just make the dang opening X mm in diameter? If they can standardize threads why not a common opening?

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
so, the wife gets a new iStick Mini mod with a GS16-s tank. She wants a different drip tip and I figured " no problem baby!" Well, two vape shops later, we could not find a drip tip that fit. Every one she liked was too loose. Then I get a freebie little Viva Nova clearomiser tank in a shipment of atomiser bases from a vendor and the drip tip was kind of what she wanted,.....and the damn thing fit!
Apparently, it's not uncommon in the industry to find that not all 510 drip tips are the same connection diameter. I don't understand why?

Any thoughts?
Cheap o-rings that aren't uniform in size...if it's really important to get a specific tip to fit a specific device I'd venture to guess you could go pick up a variety of o-rings from a hardware store for a buck or two and swap them out for bigger/smaller to customize fit.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good Gripe, I hate that they all are different sizes, One size fits all, I say Damned it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zanaspus

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I wasn't aware there was an "industry standard" for anything in this new and crazy market.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My recent problem was the drip tip was too big for the tank. Ft drip tip and ft clone tank, go figure. I have a decent amt of drip tips and aside from the ones that come with the tanks all the "aftermarket" drip tips either fit way too tight or too loose. Not all cheap ft ones, got a few from vapor beast too.

GrayVaper

Drips in Public
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've got half a dozen or more in a little parts compartment of a storage box that have no place or purpose and I only started vaping in March!

Kent B Marshall

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
lol, conspiracy to make you dependent of one tip over the other.

Everpresentnewb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I cannot find a tip to fit my Mad Hatter clone at all... everythig is just a touch to big to fit into it. nothing will even fit down to the gasket. My solution is going to be going after the inside of the atty with some 600g sandpaper and a wooden dowel. I dont need to clear out much. and the atty was only around 10 bucks so why not try it. If I mess it up I can just keep using it with out a tip like I have been.

VU Sponsors