Become a Patron!

Why isn't coil heating up

Tg522587

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I put 2 Claptons .5 mm , 24+28 at 92 watts ,they're not even getting red. It smokes a little, that's about it... new coils.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I put 2 Claptons .5 mm , 24+28 at 92 watts ,they're not even getting red. It smokes a little, that's about it... new coils.
Them is big coils.. might need more wattage....... plug build into steam-engine.org. What wattage does it suggest for a Heat Flux of say 200?

What is ohm? What is mod? What is atty?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Tg522587

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
.5 ohm , Herakles v2 rta, alien 220. Not sure what tab to click on with the website you gave me.

The coils aren't registering . 5 on the ohm reader they are saying .202

Tg522587

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I got them red but can't figure out how to get them red from outside to inside. The ramp up time on this this wire is crazy long compared to the wotofo tiger wire. Half the taste too..

How do you tinker it so the coil gets red from outside to inside?

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah that build has a Heat flux of like .5 per watt... it's a clapton so use wirewizzard... do as parallel build in fitst box if setting up dual coils...

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh and 2 .5ohm coil in parallel Ie dual coil equals total resistance of approx .25ohms.

Tg522587

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah that build has a Heat flux of like .5 per watt... it's a clapton so use wirewizzard... do as parallel build in fitst box if setting up dual coils...

Alright, thank you. I just bend them vertically while they're in the posts?

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
28g wrapping wire?
Waaaaaaaaay too fat of a wire for wrapping.

Use either 36g or 38g wrapping wire.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Tg522587

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
28g wrapping wire?
Waaaaaaaaay too fat of a wire for wrapping.

Use either 36g or 38g wrapping wire.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

No wonder why they were sold out of all 0f the other gauges of Clapton comp wire. At 115 watts, the only way I can get it to fire with out a 1.5 second ramp up , it sounds like a firecracker. Makes my wife jump, it's funny.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Id at least remove one of the coils... Might work as a single coil.... Still gonna need a bunch of watts and be slow... But not as slow or as many watts as a dual build.... My guess is you got a 200+ watt build there as a dual maybe more.... IDK I vape 25 watt builds.

Tg522587

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Id at least remove one of the coils... Might work as a single coil.... Still gonna need a bunch of watts and be slow... But not as slow or as many watts as a dual build.... My guess is you got a 200+ watt build there as a dual maybe more.... IDK I vape 25 watt builds.
That's exactly what I'll do after work. Thank you for your help.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It works a lot better, but I guess this rta needs 2 wicks not to leak. I dont know, I'm just figuring this out as I go.
Yeah you need to plug the holes..... I would just stuff a bit of cotton in them...

VU Sponsors