Become a Patron!

Why Mech Mods?

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know some people like a dual parallel. I don't understand why. A regulated will put out more voltage and is safer AFAIK. Is there some special reason some people like them? I used a Mech a long time ago before regulated got really good. What is better about the dual ones over regulated? I am seriously asking as I do not know. This is not a Trolling post. Thank you

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wait til a board goes out in your regulated mod, then ask again... with mechs... singles, parallels, series... there's the battery, the atomizer, the switch, and no board to fail... no solder points to break...

... and no fuse when something goes wrong. A mech's idea of safety is a vent hole. Geez...

I get mechs. I have a few of them here that I use regularly, and I like them. They're beautiful objects. But reliability? I have many regulated mods and all the modern, properly built mods I have never crapped out on me. And even if they're a chance that they do (mathematically it's more likely, since they're more complicated), I prefer that to the no-safety-net approach with mechs. Not to mention they offer a lot more flexibility in terms of coil geometry, TC, and more efficient battery usage.

But... to each his own :)

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No safety net? A properly maintained mech with a properly checked build and a properly spec'ed cell is plenty safe. The vast majority of failures with mechs are caused by operator error... not by the mech.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know some people like a dual parallel. I don't understand why. A regulated will put out more voltage and is safer AFAIK. Is there some special reason some people like them? I used a Mech a long time ago before regulated got really good. What is better about the dual ones over regulated? I am seriously asking as I do not know. This is not a Trolling post. Thank you

Why gas vs charcoal? For that matter why BBQ when you have A Kitchen? WEBER and KINGSFORD represents the reversal of 50000 years of evolution.........

That's why a MECH.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ive been vaping since the beginning of 2013; and, used regulated mods almost exclusively up until a few months ago. That sounds a little misleading, I've had a few mech tubes along the way, but mostly as authentic collector pieces, garnering very little use.
I started with a provari, and had the one mod for about a year. When the dna30 came out I got swept up in the technology race. So much so,that when the dna4o was released I went nuts going after TC mods and playing with all aspects of TC and different boards, metals, TCR profiles and so on...
A few months back I was bored and started playing around with some of my old mech mods. After spending the last few years chasing that smooth consistent strong vape, I found it sitting on my shelf. I built an old tugboatv2, put it on my stingrayxti and was shocked. I put that same atty on several of my dna250/167s and it just wasn't the same.
Then I took my goon22, put it on another previously shelved mech(overdose mod) and once again was shocked. That same atty had been sitting on my vaporflask 167 and the vape from a single battery tube, was much nicer.

Take the idea that for me, the vape from those tubes was more enjoyable than the vape from one of the best rates boards on the market; then, couple that with the fact that all electronics eventually break. I have my reason for preferring mechanical mods now.

Certainly there is no science behind that post; and, my preferences will different from others. There is no such thing as the best mod, best atomizer or best vape. It's all a personal preference thing. I preferred the vape from those previously shelved mechanical mods so much that I have since, been selling most of my regulated mods and replacing them with mech tubes and parallel boxes.

All of that said, and using a mechmod does require knowing your battery, maintaining your mod, keeping it clean, checking your build, and building withing spec of the cell.
Using a regulated requires buying a good battery, checking your wraps and pressing the fire button.
The difference is, an archaeological dig could find a mechmod in 1000years, clean it and it will fire.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No safety net? A properly maintained mech with a properly checked build and a properly spec'ed cell is plenty safe. The vast majority of failures with mechs are caused by operator error... not by the mech.

I'm always puzzled by that argument. Safety design isn't there to allow idiots to use a product safely. It's a last line of defenses against bad thing that can and do happen even when the user is very conscientious and does everything right.

Shit happens to the best of us, and I'd rather know the device is designed to protect as much as possible against material failure and mistakes I might make even if I know what I'm doing.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I take from this it is a preference. Like Chevy Vs. Ford. Both sides can make arguments why one is better. I personally prefer DNA200/250 with a Lipo. Customs only of course. I have like 30 authentic Mechs including the Otto Carter. I have a Cherry Bomb. I just much prefer the regulated Mods. True, it is more likely eventually they will break.....and I will repair them or replace the board. I personally feel they do so much more, providing often a better vape. Of course many folks could make a very good argument to the contrary. I really did not know why people are still using them. I guess the best argument is it is 5,000 year old technology and it will still be here in 5,000 years. If my DNA's still work(doubtful) they will be on the DNA 10,000 by then. I do think Lipo's are superior technology. Not many people run them anymore short of customs. Which incidentally are almost all Lipo. A lot of DNA failures are due to batteries. I seriously did not know the answer to why there is a resurgence of Mech's but a lot of valid points were made. As I mentioned, owing many I still prefer regulated. Also as I said I feel that is a preference. No right or wrong. Whatever you like. Agreed?(Even if you prefer one or the other).

Canadian Vaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
For me I think it comes down to voltage drop, you instantly get your nice big hit but then in milliseconds you feel that voltage drop and it slightly cools the vape off so you can take long big hits..

With VV/VW your coil usually just keeps heating up..

It's the feeling of the vape, it well is just different.

brandon david

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I got into mechs for 3 reasons:

1: Power- When I started dripping, the DNA 30 was the big thing and needed more power.
2: longevity- Not knowing what kind of tax the FDA will eventually play part in implementing, I wanted something reliable so I won't have to spend $500 on a $50 mod.
3: Sleek and Portable.

Reason number 2 is why I have quite a few and why I learned to build boxes which are much more simple than I originally thought.

That being said, I prefer regulated also.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
[...]
2: longevity- Not knowing what kind of tax the FDA will eventually play part in implementing, I wanted something reliable so I won't have to spend $500 on a $50 mod.
3: Sleek and Portable.

You forgot one:

4. When mods are outlawed by our corrupt powers that be, I want something that's essentially unbreakable and won't have to be replaced.

Aside from their aesthetic value, that's the biggest appeal of mech mods to me: they're an insurance on the prohibition era to come.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Although they need know how, parallel give better battery life than series & mechs have very good flavour, (specially with an rda normally used.) They last longer than regulated mods & you can custom it more to your liking too. I recently got a mech & the clouds were unreal, although I'm not a cloud chaser I can tell you now that it made the cloud beast look pathetic with actually less watts than someone vaping 160 watts on a cloud beast.
As well as blowing massive clouds though, it had awesome flavour which to me is the most important thing. If you researched mechs you'd know how good they are.
They are not as popular as regulated mods but I prefer them, everyone is different.
The only regulated mod I use is a Tesla nano 120 Steampunk edition. If I was to recommend one it would be that.
You wouldn't see me recommend the popular smok alien, it's garbage & don't the baby beast is know better. Why would you wanna refill a tank every 20 minutes?!

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mechs are not for everybody..... they are difficult vs a regulated mod to build for. .....with enough regulation Amy build can be made vapable.. there's a lot more to consider than how complex a build you can create........ or how many watts ypu can pump out....

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mechs are not for everybody..... they are difficult vs a regulated mod to build for. .....with enough regulation Amy build can be made vapable.. there's a lot more to consider than how complex a build you can create........ or how many watts ypu can pump out....

There certainly is but for me they have more benefits than regulated & can't be beat for flavour

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You know it is strange. .1 is the lowest you can go safely and even that is a bit sketchy. so that will give you 88 watts on fresh batteries in a parallel. I too have seen it blow bigger clouds than a regulated at 160-180 Watts. Although I would probably blame that on a tank Vs. RDA not the Mod. I wish some people would come make an argument for regulated too. It seems just the Mech folks came in here because it is less popular and they with to tout it's abilities.

Now, look please,please no political debate. I am just going to say one and only one thing about the current administration in the US. He is on the record for being Pro Vape. Please do not say anything else about him. So, for right now I would not worry about the FDA. Granted, what the future holds we do not know. Again, please No other comments about Him.

Anyways, I may revisit this. It is not like I don't have several dozen of them sitting here. I personally felt regulated was a better Vape. You cannot compare Alien Etc. to a DNA though.

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's not about which is better. That's all subjective. The OP was asking why mechs at all. I like a quality vape regardless of the source...

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use both mechs and regulated.
With a mech I'm more limited in my builds because I have to keep both mass and resistance in check in order to get the vape I'm looking for, the vape is inconsistent, I'm much more limited with max wattage (with a single battery mech) and I'm replacing batteries a lot more often.
So why do I do it? Because it's fun.
Would I be willing to replace all my regulated mods with mechs? Hell no.

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I must say I have a variety of mech tube mods. I also have 2 DNA200 mods and 2 DNA75 mods along with 4 or 5 other regulated mods. If I am out and about a regulated mod is nice because of consistency over the life of the batteries but I still use my mech mods as well. For me it feels like I accomplished a goal when I get a build to vape nice on a mech vs regulated. Like others have said it really does come down to personal preference but again my mech mods will long outlast my regulated mods.

Safety is a MAJOR concern when using mech mods. Proper battery with no damage to wrap and a well tested RDA or rta with no shorts is important!

By the way, I have been vaping almost 10 years now, so I have used a ton of different devices. Whatever keeps you from smoking is the best.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use a regulated mod as ADV because I can twist any wire I have to a coil of approx the surface area and mass I like.... and make it vape without having to even consider ohm or voltage or almost anything electrical........I have modes and buttons to make it vape......

With my mechs... I have consider everything about producing vapor with electricity.. just to choose the wire.

Both enjoyable.. just very different.

Last edited:

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A genuine Mech Mod can be up to $500+. So "cheaper" is not an argument for them. Clones are cheap if you are okay with them ripping off others work. That is for anyone to decide though. I do not judge. Anyways, they may provide a grat vape but not my cup of tea. Even though I have quite a few of them. I don't use them. I personally prefer regulated simply because it makes things much easier. That is why I was wondering why people like them. Whatever works for you. I guess I could not say one is better than the other. Just what anyone prefers. Of course some may disagree and they are welcome too as well.

brandon david

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
A genuine Mech Mod can be up to $500+. So "cheaper" is not an argument for them. Clones are cheap if you are okay with them ripping off others work. That is for anyone to decide though. I do not judge. Anyways, they may provide a grat vape but not my cup of tea. Even though I have quite a few of them. I don't use them. I personally prefer regulated simply because it makes things much easier. That is why I was wondering why people like them. Whatever works for you. I guess I could not say one is better than the other. Just what anyone prefers. Of course some may disagree and they are welcome too as well.
I fail to see your point. This isn't a clone vs authentic topic and even if it were, there are nice authentic mechs now for sub $100.

Edit: My response could have been taken as an attack but was not meant to be. Apologies it if was. Just continuing the convo...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Clones are cheap if you are okay with them ripping off others work.

I have two mech mod clones here that put me in a bit of a conundrum: they're both an order of magnitude cheaper than their originals, but one is better made, and the other is made of a material that I like, that the original maker doesn't offer. In other words, not only are they cheaper , they're also more desirable than the real McCoy in their own right. Try to find your moral bearings there...

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I only meant to say the argument they are cheaper than regulated is only valid depending on how you look at it. i said i could care less about the morality of it. it matters zero to me and i do have clones. $500 for a box of wires in my opinion is kind of silly. the tube mods, if intricately engraved could be a different story but i don't even personally care. you got me wrong on that. not what i meant at all. i just meant they are not cheaper in every instance. fuck a custom dna 200/250 is usually less than a custom mech which imo is stupid.

MajorRager

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I guess I just love the no fuss of unregulated series power. Less components to fail as well. You can definitely tell a difference on how regulated, unregulated, and pwm all fire. It's all in what tickles your pickle lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Everyone has different priorities which affect their idea of 'better', otherwise there would only be one car on the market, one house design, one shirt design ... you get the idea :)

I also used mechs when regulated mods didn't do enough power and quite enjoyed them. Still have a bunch in my vape stash box just in case, but I vape regulated only now, sometimes TC and sometimes VW. I appreciate the added safety factor and the ability to dial in the power which gives me so much more flexibility in coil design. But that's just me and I know not everyone is the same. Ultimately whatever works for people is the best for them and that's OK with me.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
At first I was very skeptical about mechs, but now I own 6. Mechs are safer and more convenient to use, and, the lower the resistance of your coil build that you use on them, the safer they are.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I do hope you're being facetious... if not, I hope no one takes you serious...

Here's why mechs are safer than a regulated. First and foremost, a mech forces you to teach yourself ohms law and do your homework on battery safety. The prime reason why accidents happen with Lithium rechargeable batteries is a blatant lack of knowledge in this regard. Secondly, when the battery in a tube mech heats up, typically so will the metal body of the mod... whereas most regulated devices have overheat protection built in, but this is to protect the board from overheating, NOT the batteries so these devices typically don't show the battery temperature on their main screen, and you typically can't feel the batteries starting to overheat until they are dangerously close to starting to vent. By the time the battery will have reached those kinds of very high temperatures, the outside of my brass tube mech will be so burning hot it will be simply impossible for me to still vape on it. What's the risk of me causing a direct hard short on the battery in my solidly built mech mod vs. the risk of a cheap made in China built-in electronic protection circuit failing to do what it's been designed to do? Have you seen what the inside of the battery compartment in most regulated devices looks like? What are the chances of a direct hard short happening inside of one of those things compared to it happening inside of my Purge Mods? Do you even know what the design/construction of a Purge Mods looks like? Most people using a regulated don't even understand the difference between a battery venting and a battery going into thermal runaway, let alone understand what's needed to cause a battery to go into thermal runaway. So... now you know why I don't take most people serious when it comes to preachings about safety.

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's why mechs are safer than a regulated. First and foremost, a mech forces you to teach yourself ohms law and do your homework on battery safety. The prime reason why accidents happen with Lithium rechargeable batteries is a blatant lack of knowledge in this regard. Secondly, when the battery in a tube mech heats up, typically so will the metal body of the mod... whereas most regulated devices have overheat protection built in, but this is to protect the board from overheating, NOT the batteries so these devices typically don't show the battery temperature on their main screen, and you typically can't feel the batteries starting to overheat until they are dangerously close to starting to vent. By the time the battery will have reached those kinds of very high temperatures, the outside of my brass tube mech will be so burning hot it will be simply impossible for me to still vape on it. What's the risk of me causing a direct hard short on the battery in my solidly built mech mod vs. the risk of a cheap made in China built-in electronic protection circuit failing to do what it's been designed to do? Have you seen what the inside of the battery compartment in most regulated devices looks like? What are the chances of a direct hard short happening inside of one of those things compared to it happening inside of my Purge Mods? Do you even know what the design/construction of a Purge Mods looks like? Most people using a regulated don't even understand the difference between a battery venting and a battery going into thermal runaway, let alone understand what's needed to cause a battery to go into thermal runaway. So... now you know why I don't take most people serious when it comes to preachings about safety.

Before I tear into this statement (not you... this isn't personal), I want to go on record as saying that I DO think mechs can be safe when used as intended by someone educated and experienced...

The problem with your statement begins very early on...

Owning a mech forces no one to do anything. John or Jane D'oh can walk into a vape shop, drop $50 on a clone mech with hybrid cap, a cheap cell, and subtank and blow themselves up. Heck... they can spend even less and get a seriously inferior cell for less online... my first was a K101 that came with Kamry branded cells. I was quite lucky as I did try those cells for a while and never has an accident, but luck was all it was...

Learning the ins and outs of mech mods, maintenance, ohms law isn't a given... it requires work.

Knowing ohms law and proper mech care still does not make the DEVICE safer. It only makes the operator safer.

Perhaps you're not going to experience a hard short in your $250 purge mod due to its sleeved construction (similar sleeves also available in the Broadside and Black Ring 1 & 2), but the average new vaper isn't going to grab that... they're gonna buy that kit they see in the local B&M, or the kit they see on eBay or FastTech.

This is the first link in a quick Google search for mech mod: https://www.ebay.com/i/122539408611

The plastic tray inside a cheap regulated will offer a lot more protection agains accidental short than any unlined metal tube.

A tube heats up as the battery stresses, sure. And, an educated, experienced vaper should know that if a tube is getting too warm, something is amiss, and it's time to check the battery or the build, or maybe take a break and let things cool off. However, an inexperienced vaper might not kniw at what level that point comes and take just one too many pulls. A board... which is awful close to the batteries... will shut down and prevent that behavior.

Again, I know and agree that in the hands of an educated, experienced vaper a quality mech mod can be quite safe. But, making blanket claims that mechs are safer without any qualifications is incorrect.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Before I tear into this statement (not you... this isn't personal), I want to go on record as saying that I DO think mechs can be safe when used as intended by someone educated and experienced...

The problem with your statement begins very early on...

Owning a mech forces no one to do anything. John or Jane D'oh can walk into a vape shop, drop $50 on a clone mech with hybrid cap, a cheap cell, and subtank and blow themselves up. Heck... they can spend even less and get a seriously inferior cell for less online... my first was a K101 that came with Kamry branded cells. I was quite lucky as I did try those cells for a while and never has an accident, but luck was all it was...
Luck is always a factor regardless of vaping. For example, people have to be lucky enough not to rent a car and drive off a cliff.
Learning the ins and outs of mech mods, maintenance, ohms law isn't a given... it requires work.
The fact it requires work is precisely why it's safer. Regulated mods have a natural tendency to attract lazy people who choose to remain ignorant about the importance of safety factors, whereas with a mech you can't usually get a satisfying vape unless you have the willingness to learn.
Knowing ohms law and proper mech care still does not make the DEVICE safer. It only makes the operator safer.
If the device attracts people who care more about safety, that means the device attracts more safety.
Perhaps you're not going to experience a hard short in your $250 purge mod
It's actually closer to $400... my most expensive one is $415 (excl. international shipping and customs duty fee).
due to its sleeved construction (similar sleeves also available in the Broadside and Black Ring 1 & 2), but the average new vaper isn't going to grab that... they're gonna buy that kit they see in the local B&M, or the kit they see on eBay or FastTech.
I grabbed all four of my Purge Mods in the local B&M, and, selling vape gear to consumers online is forbidden by law here in Belgium. Mech mods are not to blame for the fact some people are either stupid or careless, or both... just like guns are not to blame for the fact people kill people.
This is the first link in a quick Google search for mech mod: https://www.ebay.com/i/122539408611

The plastic tray inside a cheap regulated will offer a lot more protection agains accidental short than any unlined metal tube.
The metal tube is negative (unless you turn the battery upside down), as are the bottom and sides of the battery. Most cheap regulated mods have a battery compartment that doesn't offer much protection against foreign objects getting inserted / the battery's shrink wrap and insulating ring getting torn with normal use.
A tube heats up as the battery stresses, sure. And, an educated, experienced vaper should know that if a tube is getting too warm, something is amiss, and it's time to check the battery or the build, or maybe take a break and let things cool off. However, an inexperienced vaper might not kniw at what level that point comes and take just one too many pulls. A board... which is awful close to the batteries... will shut down and prevent that behavior.
The inexperienced vaper will burn his/her fingers just by touching the exterior of the tube mech, long before the battery reaches temperatures at which it might start venting. So the gradual sensation of getting close to burning of fingers will prevent that behavior, whereas in most regulated mods the insulation between the battery compartment and the board can still prevent the board from picking up, in a timely fashion, the excess heat coming from the inside of the battery compartment─and now we're assuming the temperature sensor of the board can never get stuck. The way the fire button in my Purge is designed, I can apply simple common sense to prevent the button from getting accidentally pressed. Granted, I can use Arctic Fox firmware to adjust the time limit on my RX2/3 and my RX300. But with the stock firmware / default setting, it's at 10 seconds so if the button gets pressed repeatedly, a lot of bad stuff can still happen─and now we're assuming the mod can never enter a continuous autofiring behavior.
Again, I know and agree that in the hands of an educated, experienced vaper a quality mech mod can be quite safe. But, making blanket claims that mechs are safer without any qualifications is incorrect.
Sure, but most of the danger is associated with people who wrongfully assume a regulated mod is safe enough / protected well enough for them to not really have to care much about battery safety. All the built-in safety features are a convenience factor that can easily be turned into a false sense of security so I have to disagree with your conclusion about those qualifications.

MagicJosh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Im not trolling either, I honestly do not feel safe with Mechs. I stay with affordable regulated mods. and have never had a board fail on me. Not once. And I been vaping since February 2015. I just sold my iSticik 30 and 50 and they were still working like new. I can understand If you make your own mods. I totally love moding things too. One day I want to make my first mech but I wouldn't buy one. I make mistakes and I do not want to blow up or be on the daily news.

Lotus Insane

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
When the EMP's blow all our circuits to shit, my mech is my friend. Also makes a decent self defense device cause it's heavy as shit.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Also makes a decent self defense device cause it's heavy as shit.
Yuppers. :D

694bdg.jpg

Puneet

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Dear all contributors Peace
I was reading a lot about about the safety, ohm’s law, Mooch’s battery videos etc as I just bought a vGod pro. As I had this question in mind - does mech mods give better flavor and vape production? Because mech mods are always (or most of the time) advertised with punch lines like: “vape clouds for competitions” or “made for cloud chasers” or “the best flavor you can get”.
But using it for nearly 2 months I realized that my tfv12 on my vfeng gives way thicker clouds and better flavor than this mech mod.
I still use my mech mod as a when I want to go into no fuss vaping mode when I don’t want to care about temperature control and and other jazzy stuff. Let me make clear by don’t care I don’t mean to be care less but when I want simple vaping with simple mod. Or maybe I want a change would be more appropriate.
I am a flavor chaser and this I keep going back to my tfv12 or tfv8.
Now question for you all the wise ones out there- Is there any way I could get better flavor on my vgod ? I’m using.24 ohm prebuilt kanthal coils, 70-30 juice and a sony v5 battery.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Now question for you all the wise ones out there- Is there any way I could get better flavor on my vgod ? I’m using.24 ohm prebuilt kanthal coils, 70-30 juice and a sony v5 battery.
All the wise ones... sure. Take your VTC5 and throw it as far away from you as you can throw it, get the VTC5A and get it yesterday, and, stop being such a pussy and start building your own 27g Ni80 / 36g Ni80 aliens dual coil at .11 ohms. :drunk:

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dear all contributors Peace
I was reading a lot about about the safety, ohm’s law, Mooch’s battery videos etc as I just bought a vGod pro. As I had this question in mind - does mech mods give better flavor and vape production? Because mech mods are always (or most of the time) advertised with punch lines like: “vape clouds for competitions” or “made for cloud chasers” or “the best flavor you can get”.
But using it for nearly 2 months I realized that my tfv12 on my vfeng gives way thicker clouds and better flavor than this mech mod.
I still use my mech mod as a when I want to go into no fuss vaping mode when I don’t want to care about temperature control and and other jazzy stuff. Let me make clear by don’t care I don’t mean to be care less but when I want simple vaping with simple mod. Or maybe I want a change would be more appropriate.
I am a flavor chaser and this I keep going back to my tfv12 or tfv8.
You'd get better flavour using fused claptons or aliens. Kanthal isn't as good

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All the wise ones... sure. Take your VTC5 and throw it as far away from you as you can throw it, get the VTC5A and get it yesterday, and, stop being such a pussy and start building your own 27g Ni80 / 36g Ni80 aliens dual coil at .11 ohms. :drunk:
Imo aliens can't be beat for flavour :)

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I love dual parallel unregulated the most out of any set up. Extremely reliable, and you can get the most from those low ohm coil builds I really love.

A mech will power the coils I love, so will a regulated. Think of it in terms of wattage as a biproduct. They lower the ohms the lower the voltage needed to get said Watts. A regulated allows for a regulated series connection in almost every case.

I hate touch screen, I don't mind a screen, it's just annoying. I don't like the fact that these companies look at all of us like a lick, like people who will guzzle all there gimmicks. Ohh ooooh aaaahhhh 185 for the same thing same chip, this one just had a cup holder installed. It's just not for me.

I do like the latest and greatest as much as the next guy. Me being a recovering addict I'm tired of being someone's lick. I'm tired of someone profiting off of me. I don't mind spending money if I have it which is quite rare, but so many companies release there own clones, the same exact shit, in a prettier package. It's retarded how they treat us.

Sorry but spend that 200 and see if that "warranty" isn't just a stamped card. Same with quality control.

These are just my opinions. I'm actually very passionate about this subject

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Puneet

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
So should I be looking for these

Nichrome 80 - 100 ft 28 Gauge AWG Resistance Wire 0.32mm 28g 100' https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014VAUMR0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_h-GLAbGHF04XP

And

Kbee's 100 ft - 40 Gauge AWG Nichrome 80 Resistance Wire 100’ Length https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074Q3R6WH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_AeHLAb1691H0D

Tia

Kbee is hit or miss. I'm very upset about my last order with them. A. It was a poor grade of Nichrome or not even Nichrome. I only use Nichrome anymore and I had to throw 20 dollar down the drain. Literally waste basket bank shot.

I recently was introduced to atomizer wick and t really like the quality. The reason I keep ordering from kbee was that it was better than lightningvapes. The 2nd to last ordered was amazing QUALITY and colored very nicely. This last stuff did not color one bit. I think it's the chrome content that allows metals like SS, and Nichrome to color up. Leading me to believe it was a very low grade.

There SS I never had problems with, but I don't use SS anymore.

I hope this helped.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

randallpiz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Regulated.
Period.
Because even the most responsible gun owners have been known to shoot themselves in the face with a shotgun their dumb, drunk ass forgot was loaded.
And I drink.

Puneet

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I missed I’m not using vtc5 they’re vtc6.
Built my first coil last night with 4 strands of 27g Ni80 just spiraled using a slow drill. It’s not as fancy as they all show here. Reading at 0.23, here it is
82c712c8e3f0f72ecf1322330ff89591.jpg

randallpiz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'd still rather drink, dab & vape & not have to worry about anything except how high do I get.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I missed I’m not using vtc5 they’re vtc6.
Built my first coil last night with 4 strands of 27g Ni80 just spiraled using a slow drill. It’s not as fancy as they all show here. Reading at 0.23, here it is
82c712c8e3f0f72ecf1322330ff89591.jpg

Not bad. But I was talking about alien coils at 0.11 on a single VTC5A.

Puneet

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not bad. But I was talking about alien coils at 0.11 on a single VTC5A.

That’d be my next step. Trying to walk before run
Is vtc6 ok as compared to vtc5a. When I searched amazon or Walmart for vtc5a it was not available there. Any reliable site to purchase them?

VU Sponsors