Become a Patron!

Why no refillable pods for the Juul?!

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So the Juul has been out for well over a year. Why is no one selling new, refillable pods? I got my wife some Mr. Salt-e to fill in the gaps and cut down on cost but we’re still stuck having to buy those ridiculously expensive pods.

Is someone worried about getting sued? Are they out there somewhere and I just haven’t found them? What’s the deal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Although, I don't know how, since I don't have one, but I know I've seen/read here, and maybe on YouTube, about people refilling those.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
the answer is simple.
Profit.
Big Profit.

Why else would BT be lobbying the FDA in favor of "closed system" vaping only? They simply can't stand being pushed out of their position as sole purveyor of "consumer nicotine." And as for "medicinal nicotine," BP wants to remain the sole purveyor of that. Neither of them understands that those ships have sailed off into history, thx to vaping.

Andria

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
you can with care and steady hand skill rewick and coil them.

Edit: fixed

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A valid point on the not refilling Juul pods.
The vast majority of the public should not be handling 50 some mg nic solution.
Or have bottles of it around for small people to get.
30 ml of 50mg nic juice could be bad for short people to ingest.

yeah yeah I know, more for the children cry.
but true for 50 mg nic.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
you can with care and steady hand skill rewick and coil them.

I was aware than you can refill them, but I’m not sure my sausage fingers could recoil and wick them! Thanks for the link.

My issue that you still have to buy the pre-filled pods themselves. I figured a third party would be making empty pods by now to essentially turn it into an open system.

EDIT: That’s a Myjet, not a Juul. ;)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I had won a bunch of the MyJet Pod systems and gave them to my GF. She liked them at first until the Pods became hard to get and then the price increased dramatically. POD systems suck you in then you get hammered on the prices in my experience. It happened with the e-Cigs Brand and then the Logic. Glad I went to a tank system before that happened.

lordmage

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I had won a bunch of the MyJet Pod systems and gave them to my GF. She liked them at first until the Pods became hard to get and then the price increased dramatically. POD systems suck you in then you get hammered on the prices in my experience. It happened with the e-Cigs Brand and then the Logic. Glad I went to a tank system before that happened.
this also explains why empty.opens are not sold. its about price if empty ones are sold it would bring prefilled down in price and they dont want that

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
MyJet did sell refillable POD's and still does as far as I know but the price increase was ridiculous.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
this also explains why empty.opens are not sold. its about price if empty ones are sold it would bring prefilled down in price and they dont want that

Right so I wouldn’t expect Pax to sell empty pods, it what’s stopping a third party from making them?

lordmage

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Right so I wouldn’t expect Pax to sell empty pods, it what’s stopping a third party from making them?

some thing along the line of a patient i would think. or the rd and cost prohibitive

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
A patent... which I understand are good for 17 yrs... hence why name-brand Ventolin inhalers cost $70, and generics cost about half that -- Ventolin's (GSK's) HFA formula has no grain alcohol taste... but it's patented.

Andria

VU Sponsors