Become a Patron!

Why start a new thread when one already existed???

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So I started a Black Friday/Cyber Monday thread a week ago for everyone to post deals that they come across. @Countrypami made it a sticky. Went to post a few deals I found today but the thread was not there. For some reason mine was unstuck and another one was started last Friday. Not that it is a big deal but I don't really see the point. Wasn't my thread good enough?? It was serving it's purpose.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pm CountryPami about it, sometimes these threads can be merged into one, that would be something you both can work out along with the OP of the other thread. Hope that works out for you:)

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Because reasons.
images
Torgue_approves_big_zpsea337249.jpg

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
it only adds to the total threads/posts for VU lol..

I was wondering the same thing when they made us all individually post 'thanks' on vendor threads.. then someone noted the above.. not to say thats whats happening here but thought it was kinda funny

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Garemlin, your Black Friday/Cyber Monday thread WAS the original, & SHOULD have been left the fuck alone. I'm sorry you got screwed over. Someone just couldn't leave Well enough alone.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Garemlin, your Black Friday/Cyber Monday thread WAS the original, & SHOULD have been left the fuck alone. I'm sorry you got screwed over. Someone just couldn't leave Well enough alone.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Ehh whatever. Guess someone else wanted credit for the idea. Not gonna bother contributing to a forum that doesn't appreciate the contributions.

Tap'd from my LG G3

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I guess it wasn't "official" enough...
It's all part of the SEO...the blog, forums, FB and all are linked.

Sorry though...there are other ways to contribute still. :)

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You got Debo'd bro. "That's my bike, PUNK!" :)

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Pm CountryPami about it, sometimes these threads can be merged into one, that would be something you both can work out along with the OP of the other thread. Hope that works out for you:)

Why can't we just be straightforward and to the point lol, everyone knows Vapor Joe is the other OP and i was the one who called him out about it .

I thought it was rude and unnecessary and still think it's was a low blow , i'm not afraid to offend when something isn't right and this wasn't a good move.

Of course other mods won't call him out , that could make a fellow mod look bad after all , (and i'm not referring to you in particular Whiskey so please don't take it that way). I would of thought out of all the mods here somebody would of said "leave it alone".

To Joe's credit he did say it was clearly theft and that he is the "deals and steals" King so he should be the one posting it and thats his right , nobody has to agree with it but i'm glad he had the balls to call it as he saw it .

Owners of websites are able to do that , happens on every one , nothing you can do about it. I hope Garemlin sticks around because everybody's involvement is important and i wouldn't check out over it .

This is nothing compared to how unfairly some higher ups treat the people who have made their websites what they are today and imo , i think Joe's a class act and had no ill will toward Garemlin in any way , although i took it the wrong way as some others did as well , but it's not worth sweating over.

Lets move on and i think a group hug is in order ( not positive a group hug is in order though , postponing group hug until further notice.)

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry VH, I have no idea what happened with this particular issue, and was just suggesting what is done with other threads in instances that are similar to this.At the end of the day, it is what it is and I just try to do the best I can to keep peace here.

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Why can't we just be straightforward and to the point lol, everyone knows Vapor Joe is the other OP and i was the one who called him out about it .

I thought it was rude and unnecessary and still think it's was a low blow , i'm not afraid to offend when something isn't right and this wasn't a good move.

Of course other mods won't call him out , that could make a fellow mod look bad after all , (and i'm not referring to you in particular Whiskey so please don't take it that way). I would of thought out of all the mods here somebody would of said "leave it alone".

To Joe's credit he did say it was clearly theft and that he is the "deals and steals" King so he should be the one posting it and thats his right , nobody has to agree with it but i'm glad he had the balls to call it as he saw it .

Owners of websites are able to do that , happens on every one , nothing you can do about it. I hope Garemlin sticks around because everybody's involvement is important and i wouldn't check out over it .

This is nothing compared to how unfairly some higher ups treat the people who have made their websites what they are today and imo , i think Joe's a class act and had no ill will toward Garemlin in any way , although i took it the wrong way as some others did as well , but it's not worth sweating over.

Lets move on and i think a group hug is in order ( not positive a group hug is in order though , postponing group hug until further notice.)
Ok, you're right. VaporJoe made a dick move and stole the credit from Garemlin. I'm not afraid to offend either when it's need. What's the worst they can do? Kick me out of the forums? Been there, done that. And whether he does the steals & deals thing or not is IRREVELANT. A VU member STARTED the post & it was the FIRST one, so how could you be so low as to steal Garemlin's ORIGINAL post & then shame him about it???

I have dealt with Garemlin many times before & I find him a decent guy, very respectful & honest, so I can see his point in saying why contribute to a forum when it's gonna get stripped from you & someone else take the credit. This thing that Joe did, in my opinion, is going to be a black smudge on the VU, & I thought we were above that....That we supported each other & worked together. Now I know that every forum group has it's bad apples, but goddamn, the CREATOR of the VU doing the low blow move like that?? Come on....

Garemlin has been shamed & disrespected in the worst way, & I, for one, am embarrassed & ashamed of it. Joe might be a class act on other things, but on this, class is nowhere near the description.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I will just say this has nothing to do with getting credit, or wanting a pat on the back for anything. If that was the case I would be raising a stink about not getting a reviewer badge after posting several reviews to the forum. Asked and it was ignored. No BFD. Guess those contributions weren't good enough either.

The point is I started a deals thread for BF/CM. Just like I have done for several other holidays in the past. Something to help my fellow members find some good deals. The one I started was more than good enough. I just didn't feel the need to come in and unsticky the one I had started and start a new one. It is almost like "Oooooo look at what I did everyone". I am on staff as an SMOD and admin on several large tech forums. We would NEVER do anything like that to a contributing member. We show appreciation for what they post. Not take what they do and claim it as our own. They took time out of their day to do something for the forum and it's members. And get nothing in return for it. They deserve full credit for their contributions.

As far as leaving I'm not going anywhere. I like the folks here. But I sure as hell won't waste my time contributing anything productive or constructive to the forum.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sorry VH, I have no idea what happened with this particular issue, and was just suggesting what is done with other threads in instances that are similar to this.At the end of the day, it is what it is and I just try to do the best I can to keep peace here.

My apologies for using your post as a rant , should of posted a new one . Despite are head butting at times i thing you do a fantastic job on here and i understand exactly what your saying , i hope you and your family have a safe and happy holiday season and best wishes in the coming year Whiskey .

images

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wasn't sure of the dates, I just happened upon that as I was shopping deals, Thanks Daniel:)

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

bigbamboob

Silver Contributor
For the most part I keep to myself working in the background, I like to think I contribute to the VaporJoes & VaporJoes Canada network just as much as the next person, maybe not to the extent as some..... Pam Pam you know who you are. But far be it from me to be upset if I had an idea (which was already being done in the past many times) that was just being changed for the better. I'm a HUGE fan of what the VaporJoes & VaporJoes Canada do, that for me, just being that little cog in the wheel I believe is making the difference.

“It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.”
― Harry S. Truman

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok, you're right. VaporJoe made a dick move and stole the credit from Garemlin. I'm not afraid to offend either when it's need. What's the worst they can do? Kick me out of the forums? Been there, done that. And whether he does the steals & deals thing or not is IRREVELANT. A VU member STARTED the post & it was the FIRST one, so how could you be so low as to steal Garemlin's ORIGINAL post & then shame him about it???

I have dealt with Garemlin many times before & I find him a decent guy, very respectful & honest, so I can see his point in saying why contribute to a forum when it's gonna get stripped from you & someone else take the credit. This thing that Joe did, in my opinion, is going to be a black smudge on the VU, & I thought we were above that....That we supported each other & worked together. Now I know that every forum group has it's bad apples, but goddamn, the CREATOR of the VU doing the low blow move like that?? Come on....

Garemlin has been shamed & disrespected in the worst way, & I, for one, am embarrassed & ashamed of it. Joe might be a class act on other things, but on this, class is nowhere near the description.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I will just say this has nothing to do with getting credit, or wanting a pat on the back for anything. If that was the case I would be raising a stink about not getting a reviewer badge after posting several reviews to the forum. Asked and it was ignored. No BFD. Guess those contributions weren't good enough either.

The point is I started a deals thread for BF/CM. Just like I have done for several other holidays in the past. Something to help my fellow members find some good deals. The one I started was more than good enough. I just didn't feel the need to come in and unsticky the one I had started and start a new one. It is almost like "Oooooo look at what I did everyone". I am on staff as an SMOD and admin on several large tech forums. We would NEVER do anything like that to a contributing member. We show appreciation for what they post. Not take what they do and claim it as our own. They took time out of their day to do something for the forum and it's members. And get nothing in return for it. They deserve full credit for their contributions.

As far as leaving I'm not going anywhere. I like the folks here. But I sure as hell won't waste my time contributing anything productive or constructive to the forum.

A little harsh wouldn't you say , lets have another look.

When i saw Joe's post on his "blog" , i immediately thought , so thats what he means by him having done this year after year , only Joe can do Joe's blog, (because he's Joe , if it was anyone else it wouldn't be called Joe's blog) ( never mind ) , i fully expect him to do that and have zero issues with him doing that .

I do not know why a duplicate of Garemlin's (Black Friday / Cyber Monday) post was put up again in the forum area but Joe is the man who runs the website . With how busy he is , is it too far fetched to think that he just overlooked it ?

I do stuff without thinking about it all the time and have offended people that i had no intention of offending , it happens , it's unfortunate but it's life .

As i said , after thinking about it more and listening to Joe's explanation, i do not think for a minute that he meant any disrespect at all and imo , i think he is quite shocked by the backlash that this has caused .

I admit, when i first saw it i thought it was a clear dis on Garemlin , my intuition about this however, (and i have exceedingly accurate intuition by the way) is telling me Joe is telling the truth about this and it never crossed his mind that he would be stepping on the toes of another .

I just don't think he is like that , could be wrong but i don't think so . It's mind boggling to me how he is able to do what he does , his life has got to be hectic as hell .

He has a routine that he follows year after year and i feel he just does what he does without much thinking about it , lets cut him some slack here folks , i don't know him but from what i have seen from him in videos and his postings he seems like a very caring individual and to my knowledge has NO RECORD of being a dick . Quite the opposite actually , Maybe a step back and re evaluation is in order , or lets just move on .

Just my opinion of course

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You know what I think about all of this????
I was hoping you did.........I have no idea what I think about all of this.

Thats what i love about you man , i can always count on your opinions

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
A little harsh wouldn't you say , lets have another look.

When i saw Joe's post on his "blog" , i immediately thought , so thats what he means by him having done this year after year , only Joe can do Joe's blog, (because he's Joe , if it was anyone else it wouldn't be called Joe's blog) ( never mind ) , i fully expect him to do that and have zero issues with him doing that .

I do not know why a duplicate of Garemlin's (Black Friday / Cyber Monday) post was put up again in the forum area but Joe is the man who runs the website . With how busy he is , is it too far fetched to think that he just overlooked it ?

I do stuff without thinking about it all the time and have offended people that i had no intention of offending , it happens , it's unfortunate but it's life .

As i said , after thinking about it more and listening to Joe's explanation, i do not think for a minute that he meant any disrespect at all and imo , i think he is quite shocked by the backlash that this has caused .

I admit, when i first saw it i thought it was a clear dis on Garemlin , my intuition about this however, (and i have exceedingly accurate intuition by the way) is telling me Joe is telling the truth about this and it never crossed his mind that he would be stepping on the toes of another .

I just don't think he is like that , could be wrong but i don't think so . It's mind boggling to me how he is able to do what he does , his life has got to be hectic as hell .

He has a routine that he follows year after year and i feel he just does what he does without much thinking about it , lets cut him some slack here folks , i don't know him but from what i have seen from him in videos and his postings he seems like a very caring individual and to my knowledge has NO RECORD of being a dick . Quite the opposite actually , Maybe a step back and re evaluation is in order , or lets just move on .

Just my opinion of course
Think I'm gonna be sick.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Think I'm gonna be sick.

Thats my kind of answer but not sure it's appropriate here . Obviously you feel Joe knowingly dissed Garemlin , if he had a record of doing this kind of stuff i would go along but he doesn't .

I say we let him live for now but if it happens again we will capture him somehow , we can work out the details at a later time , possibly lure him in close by holding a fake ProVape convention or something similar , he always goes to those things .

I think one of us could pick him out if we could get close enough , pretty sure he wears an " under armour ballcap " , he's slick though and is generally nocturnal and rarely allows himself to be seen fully exposed , won't be as easy as finding someone like Franciscan though (see pics below).

I was lucky enough to snap off a few after he attempted to vape on that 180 watt God mod , the picture to the right is after he got to try the new 260 watt model.

images.jpg images (1).jpg

Joe is much much harder to find , at this point with all the man hours i have put in , i was able to dig up a great pic (see below). I would copy and print it and tape it to your windshield for easy identification, but please if the suspect is spotted , under no circumstances are you to try and apprehend alone , call for backup.

download.jpg

Last edited:

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
This is what I do for a living and what I do best. Every year Vaporjoes does single location Black Friday / Cyber Monday coupon area. Before the forum we used Facebook.

I decided to use my forum for what I do every year.

This isn't about credit - its about function. If you think this is something new - its done every year. Check out Vaporjoes 2013's post:

http://vaporjoe.blogspot.com/2013/11/turning-chaos-into-order-black-friday.html#.VHjOi8nrTq4

I'm pretty much done with this. I didn't post the thread for any credit. I posted it as a service to the forum. A simple message or post saying something like "thanks for starting this but I am going to start a new one" for xxx reason and maybe merging the content in the existing thread would have been the courteous thing to do. But to come off with this is my forum I will do what I want comes off than nothing more than arrogant and pompous. And shows you have no appreciation for what people take the time to contribute. But it is your forum. Do what you want. Act as you will. Your fans will back you.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm pretty much done with this. I didn't post the thread for any credit. I posted it as a service to the forum. A simple message or post saying something like "thanks for starting this but I am going to start a new one" for xxx reason and maybe merging the content in the existing thread would have been the courteous thing to do. But to come off with this is my forum I will do what I want comes off than nothing more than arrogant and pompous. And shows you have no appreciation for what people take the time to contribute. But it is your forum. Do what you want. Act as you will. Your fans will back you.

I have to say i agree Garemlin , when your right your right , i do think he appreciates every member who is here though . My father often fails to say sorry when i feel he was really out of line and disrespectful , i can't believe he never apologizes and i do get extremely disgusted about it at times.

I have no doubt , however , that he would do anything for me and respects me . He is just one of those types that is not the best communicator thats all . Now don't take this as Joe loves you , i don't think i can confirm that and Joe won't admit to that even if he did .

I have little doubt he appreciates your involvement on his website though .

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
This is a prime example of why VU is awesome. Any other forum - threads like this against the staff would be deleted, and the person banned. Everyone has a right to speak their mind!

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This is a prime example of why VU is awesome. Any other forum - threads like this against the staff would be deleted, and the person banned. Everyone has a right to speak their mind!
When I speak my mind...
giphy.gif

JColt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Almost all the deals posted were sent directly to my email before I seen them posted here so I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it. I'm sure its aggravating to be treated like that though.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Any site that would ban an individual over the comments said in this thread isn't worth anyones time or effort to begin with .

While most of the comments said are not favorable toward how something was handled they are far from being bad enough to be banned over imo , nothing vicious and out of line to warrant that .

This disappointment is common though on all websites , it's easy to overlook stuff and you'll never please everybody . I wonder how management will handle a member who really goes over the edge and says stuff like (you Mother f-r, low life piece of shit no good scumbag ) .

You see, that would be very tough for me to sit there and take that without saying something ( and also a very good reason why i'm not staff i might add,) but how would staff handle that ?

Of course you can always go with the relatively popular ( i'll pretend i didn't hear that ) line , but unless your deaf of course you heard it and my guess is you didn't particularly care for it that much.

I did collections at one point and the boss always said most customers are not going to be happy to hear from you ( insightful man for sure) .

He said just remain calm and talk in a soothing manner and try to get them to calm down , well i heard a coworker friend say to an irate customer and i quote " Sir , please calm down , i can assure you i'm not an asshole" end quote . What a nightmare job that was .

Anyways, i don't think anyone will go berserk on VU but you can never rule it out , there are some real nut jobs out there who can and will fly off the handle for no good reason .

My buddy Franciscan is proof of that , anybody who will kill another human being for asking the time has got to have a screw loose , don't ya think , i do.

Modified thread , was in a daze and not with it when i did it earlier , had to re do it.

Last edited:

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm going to start a thread about this matter:D:rolleyes:.. For realz...I do tend to do a search for a thread but I'm a veteran BB poster/Admin/mod... You can have only have so many threads about the same subject before you get sick of them

VU Sponsors