Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
These guys are stealing Vapers money selling expensive tube mods that should be a thing of the past already.
They never smoked and never vaped. They just saw dollar signs!
Here are some excerpts from the article:

"It’s actually kind of hard for me to advocate for it because I’ve never smoked cigarettes and I don’t vape"

If you can not and will not advocate for our right the vape then I surely would never BUY your product.

If we were in the same bathroom and I was in the stall next to this guy I would probably not even slip a piece of toilet paper under the stall for him to wipe his ass after hearing the above quote. Would you? - 5150

"“The owner of a local vape shop contracted us to design a mod for them, and then his financing fell through,” Cuddeford said. “We realized, you know if we were able to do it for someone else, we’re able to do it for ourselves. It’s just blown up from there.”

Our goal is to use this industry to earn enough money to acquire a larger manufacturing facility where we can manufacture other things that weren’t vape-related,” he said. “We plan to put most of the money into the company to acquire larger, better machines.”

"“Everybody in the vape industry is like do this, do this, do this, like it’s going to pan out forever,” he said. “I don’t vape so I don’t have tunnel vision on just vaping. I want a facility that I can make everything for everybody.”

http://koin.com/2015/01/20/local-e-cig-business-owners-say-now-not-forever/

Look if you guys want to sub ohm below .2 then an unregulated mosfet protected box is the way to go.
Twice the battery strength, longer vape time, and a better vape are just a few reasons that the tube mod is dated.

Some are collectible and look really nice I understand that.

But we at least need to buy from people who will go to bat for us when times get rough.
Buying mods from vapers that are mod makers at least increases the chance that they will use some of that money toward fighting for our right to vape.

River City Vapes makes it obvious that they will not help us fight regulation.
For that reason alone I would suggest not buying from them.
How do you all feel about this? - 5150

Last edited:

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Double Fuck them!

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I DO NOT begrudge their business model. If they want to make other products, GOOD FOR THEM. If they don't want to create vape products exclusively, then good for them.

If they won't monetarily support the rights to vape and disassociate with tobacco, well.... Neither are most other shops and manufactures.

I can't say I disagree with what you are saying 5150, but I can't totally agree with it either. They are ALL in it for the money.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Absolutely fuck those guys up the ass with a corncob. This is the second time I've heard of a company making uber expensive tube mods and not being part of the industry. There was a local machine shop where I live that made good quality aluminum and brass 26650 mods, sold them to the local B&M's and then stopped and opened up a new facility spinning axles for Polaris 4w ATV's. I understand business and the need to make money, but being in it just for the money reeks of Big Tobacco, just in it for da money.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
LOL....

That's like telling a guy who's baked bread for 5 years, all he can ever do for the rest of his life, is bake bread.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
That would be my reason for not supporting them.

There are many mod makers out there (doesn't matter if they vape or not) that will donate to Vaping Militia, CASAA, etc...

Maybe come to vape meets, make their presence known in the community, make it known they plan to fight through the regulatory process.

Then at least there is a chance that a portion of my money spent on their mods will go to help keep vaping not only available to us, but much, much more importantly the smokers who have not made the switch yet.

We already know people and we will have access to gear if it's legal or not!

Psst, Come here, I have a secret....

... That is what this forum has been designed for! Access to vaping gear, legal or not;)

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
If you check their facebook they make a decent looking mod

They are also posing for pics holding the mod with their fingers on the button like they are about to vape.

If I were them I would have just kept my future plans to myself because you really don't have to tell people all of the stuff they told in the article.

I am positive that tons of other mod makers have the same plan:
get in, make money, get out

But they don't proudly announce it to the world!

https://www.facebook.com/rcityvapes

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
LOL....

That's like telling a guy who's baked bread for 5 years, all he can ever do for the rest of his life, is bake bread.
Hey guess what asshole?? I do what I do because I like to keep my house and look to the future. So Kindly FUCKOFF and get off your sanctimonious horse. Go fuck yourself with what you have around you, I suggest a carrot, perhaps a zucchini, maybe even a cucumber.

Yea, I'm a baker and fucking proud of it! I make the daily bread that you consume. If you don't like it, quit eating bread and kindly fuck off.

/Angry rant off/

Last edited:

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hey guess what asshole?? I do what I do because I like to keep my house and look to the future. So Kindly FUCKOFF and get off your sanctimonious horse. Go fuck yourself with what you have around you, I suggest a carrot, perhaps a zucchini, maybe even a cucumber.

Yea, I'm a baker and fucking proud of it! I make the daily bread that you consume. If you don't like it, quit eating bread and kindly fuck off.

/Angry rant off/

Well Zam, kindly back the fuck up. I wasn't making FUN OF being a baker. I see nothing wrong with anyone being gainfully employed. But I think it's stupid to suggest anyone should have to do the same thing forever. Which, ironically, is what YOU were suggesting.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wow these guys are idiots.. don't deserve to be part of our community anyways - Fuck em.

MD_Boater

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I personally do not support the fact that they are "using" vapers to build a generic manufacturing business, but let's face the facts - they didn't deny it, and are not trying to hide it. If you don't care about the future of vaping - buy something from them. Otherwise - screw em.

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Lol "I don't smoke or advocate vaping , I just sell it"

I don't like how he tries to divide a line between himself and the product. If you can't stand behind your work why should I risk blowing my face off with your mod?

Last edited:

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
direct quote!

"Everybody in the vape industry is like do this, do this, do this, like it’s going to pan out forever,” he said. “I don’t vape so I don’t have tunnel vision on just vaping. I want a facility that I can make everything for everybody.”
This might include firearms, which he said parts are easy to manufacture.

Ah yes, guns. Far less pesky regulations.

Last edited:

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
And a fellow business owner should be able to understand and relate to him. If you are just a consumer or an employee, then it's nearly impossible to understand his statement.

Hey it would be really cool if you could clarify that this is not River City Vape Co. in mason city, we do advocate, every employee and owner here has used vaping to quit smoking. We hold vape meets/ cloud comps that all the procedes go to advocacy. This shows up as the first link under our shop on google. I have had a few customers bring up this article to me thinking it is someone trying to bash us.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey it would be really cool if you could clarify that this is not River City Vape Co. in mason city, we do advocate, every employee and owner here has used vaping to quit smoking. We hold vape meets/ cloud comps that all the procedes go to advocacy. This shows up as the first link under our shop on google. I have had a few customers bring up this article to me thinking it is someone trying to bash us.

@5150sick

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

Sorry about the mix up.
It should be more clear now since I added the location to the title.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Now we get to see just how long it will take google to update it on their end.:wait:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
These guys are stealing Vapers money selling expensive tube mods that should be a thing of the past already.
They never smoked and never vaped. They just saw dollar signs!
Here are some excerpts from the article:

"It’s actually kind of hard for me to advocate for it because I’ve never smoked cigarettes and I don’t vape"

If you can not and will not advocate for our right the vape then I surely would never BUY your product.

If we were in the same bathroom and I was in the stall next to this guy I would probably not even slip a piece of toilet paper under the stall for him to wipe his ass after hearing the above quote. Would you? - 5150

"“The owner of a local vape shop contracted us to design a mod for them, and then his financing fell through,” Cuddeford said. “We realized, you know if we were able to do it for someone else, we’re able to do it for ourselves. It’s just blown up from there.”

Our goal is to use this industry to earn enough money to acquire a larger manufacturing facility where we can manufacture other things that weren’t vape-related,” he said. “We plan to put most of the money into the company to acquire larger, better machines.”

"“Everybody in the vape industry is like do this, do this, do this, like it’s going to pan out forever,” he said. “I don’t vape so I don’t have tunnel vision on just vaping. I want a facility that I can make everything for everybody.”

http://koin.com/2015/01/20/local-e-cig-business-owners-say-now-not-forever/

Look if you guys want to sub ohm below .2 then an unregulated mosfet protected box is the way to go.
Twice the battery strength, longer vape time, and a better vape are just a few reasons that the tube mod is dated.

Some are collectible and look really nice I understand that.

But we at least need to buy from people who will go to bat for us when times get rough.
Buying mods from vapers that are mod makers at least increases the chance that they will use some of that money toward fighting for our right to vape.

River City Vapes makes it obvious that they will not help us fight regulation.
For that reason alone I would suggest not buying from them.
How do you all feel about this? - 5150

They would be at the bottom of my list - there are too many other U.S. makers of very high quality gear who do care about vaping to patronize carpetbaggers

MD_Boater

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If y'all own guns, I'll be your customer for life. Lock and load!

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
If y'all own guns, I'll be your customer for life. Lock and load!

They aren't the same people as the ones in the article but they have a very similar name.

VU Sponsors