Become a Patron!

Why we wait and shake.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
image.jpeg Pulled a bottle of Nic out of the freezer. But didn't allow it to come completely up to room temp. Even with a vigorous shaking. This is the end result. The one on the right, is correct. The one on the left, is a fail. Better to wait, then shake. Than rush and ruin.

Vapin_4_Real

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I need to set myself up with one of those lol. Damn

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I am not understanding this comparison.

The light colored one is 2mg Nic mix.

The dark colored one is supposed to be the same. However, I did not let my Nic come to room temp after I took it out of the freezer. It had separated, and still being cold. It didn't fully mix when I shook it.

The dark bottle contains a much higher and Unknown Nic level.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I would store the nic in smaller containers, so I wouldn't have to unfreeze the entire stock just to get a few mls

Entire stock? :D

There were 4 bottles (liter) still in the freezer. And a simple Nic test revealed what the level of Nic was, remaining in the opened bottle.

I buy my flavors in bulk, & mix in liters now. That batch cost me less than $30 to pour down the drain. No real loss.

lownote2

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Entire stock? :D

There were 4 bottles (liter) still in the freezer. And a simple Nic test revealed what the level of Nic was, remaining in the opened bottle.

I buy my flavors in bulk, & mix in liters now. That batch cost me less than $30 to pour down the drain. No real loss.

Yep, sucks to have to dump it, but way safer than the alternative. I know I'd be thinking, "well, if I test it and know the nic level I could dilute it..." Then I'd get frustrated and wish I'd just tossed it. Yes it sucks, but better to just toss it and move on. I usually mix on weekends when I have time, so I take my nic out of the freezer the day before if I'm going to need it. I keep the 100mg in the freezer and dilute it to 36 for mixing. I keep 120ml bottle of the 36 out and just keep in a dark case when not in use. I've been using vaperstek nic and even left out it never discolors. I've been really impressed with it. I'll let the 120ml bottle get all the way empty and then dilute and fill it up again. (actually usually only about 80ml in the 120 at a time when I fill it so it has plenty of space for vigorous shaking and mixing)

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You bet buddy I've been DIY for three years now who knows how much I've saved I go through a lot of juice.

I try to get friends to DIY, even offer to help. But they just keep spending & spending. They're like so many others, the start up cost, the lack of time/desire to mix/make a recipe is too intimidating. But as long as they keep spending, I'll have free juice. ;)

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yep, sucks to have to dump it, but way safer than the alternative. I know I'd be thinking, "well, if I test it and know the nic level I could dilute it..." Then I'd get frustrated and wish I'd just tossed it. Yes it sucks, but better to just toss it and move on. I usually mix on weekends when I have time, so I take my nic out of the freezer the day before if I'm going to need it. I keep the 100mg in the freezer and dilute it to 36 for mixing. I keep 120ml bottle of the 36 out and just keep in a dark case when not in use. I've been using vaperstek nic and even left out it never discolors. I've been really impressed with it. I'll let the 120ml bottle get all the way empty and then dilute and fill it up again. (actually usually only about 80ml in the 120 at a time when I fill it so it has plenty of space for vigorous shaking and mixing)

I've went through a liter in the last 3 weeks, it doesn't have time to discolor. I'm vaping at 2%, but I have others that want 3 or 6. So no worries here, as long as I allow it to come up to room temp.

lownote2

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Wow. 120ml of 100mg nic lasts me about 6 months and I vape about 15-20ml a day. But I don't mix very much for others. Mainly my wife and I and she goes through maybe 5ml a day. 1 liter seems like a whole lot to go through to me lol. Of course I don't know what strength your liter is. It's easier for me to get 100 and then dilute it down myself rather than buying it already diluted and therefore having less nic. Maybe the $$ comes out the same, but I don't want to buy diluted and go through it that much quicker if that makes sense.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Wow. 120ml of 100mg nic lasts me about 6 months and I vape about 15-20ml a day. But I don't mix very much for others. Mainly my wife and I and she goes through maybe 5ml a day. 1 liter seems like a whole lot to go through to me lol. Of course I don't know what strength your liter is. It's easier for me to get 100 and then dilute it down myself rather than buying it already diluted and therefore having less nic. Maybe the $$ comes out the same, but I don't want to buy diluted and go through it that much quicker if that makes sense.

I buy 100mg, then reduce it to 24mg in 5 one liter bottles. That's about 950ml per. It just makes sense to buy the 100mg. If I mixed for just myself, I too would buy smaller quantities. At 2mg, a liter of 100mg would last forever lol

My original intent was to have quit by this time. And I did for a short while, I was having bronchial issues, not related to vaping. But selling it, basically begs you to taste each batch or recipe. So I vape 2mg at about 10ml a day now. Sometimes less.

VU Sponsors