Become a Patron!

Why would anyone buy rewraps

Ringmasterdan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My personal standpoint is this...I cannot in good conscience support a company that takes a battery and places a wrap on it with exaggerated specs printed on it. I would have no problem with efest or imren etc. if they would simply list the battery they rewrapped or printed the true specs on the lable...

Model_A_Ford

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My personal standpoint is this...I cannot in good conscience support a company that takes a battery and places a wrap on it with exaggerated specs printed on it. I would have no problem with efest or imren etc. if they would simply list the battery they rewrapped or printed the true specs on the lable...

Makes sense, I don't see any reason to buy an efest battery. I do have an efest charger though.

A lot of folks are going to go into their local vape shop and get whatever their shop recommends and not research what's what.

Ringmasterdan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Makes sense, I don't see any reason to buy an efest battery. I do have an efest charger though.

A lot of folks are going to go into their local vape shop and get whatever their shop recommends and not research what's what.
true which means it falls on the shop owners to either carry oem batteries, or inform their customers about the exaggerated specs on rewraps...

Sean.King

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'd like to chime in on this. Fuck all rewrappers that intentionally mislabel their shit. Fuck them in the ass with a 2 foot pineapple. They knowingly put people at harm because they want to make a buck. Uninformed people have no clue and are exploited by these companies. Counterfeit batteries are just as bad, but a bit different of a ball game.

Now, rewrappers such as Pegasus and Craving Vapor are perfectly fine IMO. Pegasus took the time to source A bin batteries and put their true specs and limitations on them, making it easier for new vapers to get the right batteries for their application. If your already a battery aficionado they are kind of pointless however. And Craving Vapor clearly states their batteries are Samsung 25r's and doesn't lie about it.

Efest, Basen, MXJO, Asoibo, Vamped, Subohm Cell, and all those other companies can eat a giant bag of veiny dicks followed by a side of whale shit.

Kemosabe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd like to chime in on this. Fuck all rewrappers that intentionally mislabel their shit. Fuck them in the ass with a 2 foot pineapple. They knowingly put people at harm because they want to make a buck. Uninformed people have no clue and are exploited by these companies. Counterfeit batteries are just as bad, but a bit different of a ball game.

Now, rewrappers such as Pegasus and Craving Vapor are perfectly fine IMO. Pegasus took the time to source A bin batteries and put their true specs and limitations on them, making it easier for new vapers to get the right batteries for their application. If your already a battery aficionado they are kind of pointless however. And Craving Vapor clearly states their batteries are Samsung 25r's and doesn't lie about it.

Efest, Basen, MXJO, Asoibo, Vamped, Subohm Cell, and all those other companies can eat a giant bag of veiny dicks followed by a side of whale shit.

well said Sean. i would have to add AW and Orbtronic to the respectable re-wrappers. and IMREN to the irrespectable list. there are so many re-wrappers its overwhelming. i mean, theres really only a handful of actual battery manufacturers. to my knowledge, its just Sony, LG, Samsung, Sanyo, and Panasonic. and i also think MNKE manufactures for themselves.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Forgive me if I come off like an asshole but I don't understand the appeal of rewraped batteries. When a company rewraps a battery they buy substandard name brand batteries and simply slap on a new label with exaggerated specs and charge what the name brands charge for A bin batteries... So yeah rant over...

Simple answer, because they don't know they are rewraps.
Businesses make most of their money by preying on the ignorant.

Kemosabe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

i guess i got lucky that i naturally nerded out on batteries. wasting time poking around on the internets actually proved useful. who'da thunk? LOL
also, i dont think new vapers are being urged to learn about electricity like they were a few years ago. in 2011 if you were vaping, you practically got ohms law shoved down your throat on a daily basis. maybe because i dont frequent the boards as much as i did then, but they way it seems to me now is, noobs are going straight for the advanced stuff whether they can handle it or not. people are just cramming a ton of wire in their rdas and just firing them away with some mystery re-wraps. yay clouds! \o/

Last edited:

Kemosabe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

ct_ptb.jpg

Well.. It's not like batteries have a note inscribed on it saying " THIS IS REWRAP. DO NOT BUY ME. "

People buy counterfeit or poor batteries and then put Samsung wrapping on it and gullible people buy them.

Ignorance is bliss as they say.

Knight_of_Ni

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not all rewraps are inferior lower binned batteries. Efest generally is high bin batteries. They also have a higher level of counterfeit control via the counterfeit codes. And they're in retail packaging, which many people and shops appreciate.

So I can understand why some people, especially newer people, prefer them, but we do always recommend going with the original manufacturers.

even though they might be top bin batteries.....
how can you possibly trust them, when they lie about all the battery ratings?
they claim to have things like 3000mah 35amp batteries....that doesn't even exist.
oh, and that new 3500mah 20amp they have....I bet it's really only a 10-15amp.
false ratings are VERY dangerous to vapers.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why do OEMs even tolerate this? Only thing I can think of is... they make their batts for both retail and wholesale, and don't care whether the exteriors look different. (Example: Efest wraps them and calls them their own.)
years ago while in college i worked many temp jobs,, i was amazed at what i saw........1 shop i would have this huge bin rolled over to me full of bearings for your car,, my job was to pick them up and drop them into this boxing machine (and keep up!!!==you should be thinking about Lucy and that chocolate factory about now)... anyway,,,, somebody would walk by every hour or so and refill my box feeder,, and suddenly i was boxing up a no name brand after i had just filled up a premium brand box.........i found this practice over and over across many different sectors................just food for thought

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
years ago while in college i worked many temp jobs,, i was amazed at what i saw........1 shop i would have this huge bin rolled over to me full of bearings for your car,, my job was to pick them up and drop them into this boxing machine (and keep up!!!==you should be thinking about Lucy and that chocolate factory about now)... anyway,,,, somebody would walk by every hour or so and refill my box feeder,, and suddenly i was boxing up a no name brand after i had just filled up a premium brand box.........i found this practice over and over across many different sectors................just food for thought
Very true, many name brands have to limit their supply so they aren't flooding the market. Same reason you get quality booze for so cheap at costco. For batteries as I understand it the big 3 companies are making them for certain other manufacturers and are just selling off the rest. What's more troubling is the way some of these brands label their batteries. When you have Efests labeled 35a and they're only 15a+ continuous you're going to have problems from people trying to use it as a 35a battery. Treat it like a 15a+ battery though and you'll be fine.

Kemosabe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

wow that's shady. how in the world is that legal?

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I know Nike used to do the same thing. I work in the clothing business (mainly embellishment) and we'd buy these shirts for $1.25 (i think it was at the end), and Nike would buy the same shirts without tags but instead print their own nike label inside and mark it up to something like $5 wholesale. Same exact shirts. Not sure what they use now though as that original company has been bought up by one of their competitors.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i saw it in,, auto parts,, not just that factory, i saw it in ice cream, i saw it in mayo/mustard. others too but i cant remember.........its everywhere,, always has been always will be.

when i think of people buying something expensive i always wonder what the generic/offbrand equivalent is ....

VU Sponsors