Become a Patron!

Wick problem

RenThe10th

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I JUST rewicked and juiced this with fresh cotton, I hit it once, and it tasted kind of bad. I popped the cap off and the cotton had this ugly looking grey splotch. Any ideas?2016-12-17_23.32.03.jpg

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Did you dry fire and rinse the coils with water before re-wicking? You could have had a bit of gunk off the coil or old juice still in the bottom of the RDA. Also, did you make sure that your hands and tools were clean? If you have any kind of dirt or old juice on your hands or tweezers. etc it will find it's way into the cotton.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Did you dry fire and rinse the coils with water before re-wicking? You could have had a bit of gunk off the coil or old juice still in the bottom of the RDA. Also, did you make sure that your hands and tools were clean? If you have any kind of dirt or old juice on your hands or tweezers. etc it will find it's way into the cotton.
also check for hot spots

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
could be a hot leg too. I get that once in awhile, usually just have to retighten the screws. It kind of looks like you used the top hole on the right, and bottom hole on the left? Nothing wrong with that, but it would put the leg right about where that brown spot is...

VU Sponsors