Wick too tight?

Amir_Wazir

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hello all

I just started building my own coils on a Fogger v4.1 . Right now I'm using organic cotton for wicking but have been having trouble getting a good amount of flavor, most of the time it just tastes kind of bland. Could this be explained by my wick being too tight or having the tip in the juice channels?

Also, are some flavors of juice just harder to get to work on an RBA?

Thanks for any help

State O' Flux

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hello all

I just started building my own coils on a Fogger v4.1 . Right now I'm using organic cotton for wicking but have been having trouble getting a good amount of flavor, most of the time it just tastes kind of bland. And your net resistance is?

Could this be explained by my wick being too tight or having the tip in the juice channels? If it were too tight, you'd probably be experiencing burnt hits. The Fogger isn't quite so much a "boundary layer" feed RTA atomizer (like the Kayfun/Russian) with "juice channels" and closer to a Taifun GT or Aqua... so the wicks need to fill the "wick channels", albeit not too densely. The wicks, in this instance, function as a ever-so-slightly leaky seal.

Also, are some flavors of juice just harder to get to work on an RBA? Yes. Darker, sweeter and/or thicker, higher VG content juices don't "draw" as well as thinner juices.

Thanks for any help
Although highly unlikely, you may have an issue with too much draw vacuum being distributed to outside air (via a too open AFC)... and not enough distributed to the draw vacuum required to overcome tank vacuum (negative pressure). Thicker juice or denser wick would only exacerbate this issue.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
apparently there is a balancing act between how much cotton you use vs. wicking capability. Try a bit less in the channels, just enough to swell a tiny bit when wet with e-juice. You want the capillary action of the cotton to be open, not impeded by too much stuffed in the channels.

VU Sponsors