wicking kgd

slayer420-x

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wondering how you drippers use your koh den do. Do you remove the outer layers? Do you roll it slightly in your fingers? What i have been doing is removing outer layers trying to just get outer layer without it ripping to much of insides as well. Then since its much thinner without layers. I need to cut it like 11/2- 2 cm. Then i hold each and and twist it tight back and fourth. So afterwords its more round and it makes it much fluffier. Leaving layers would save cotton and not require twisting so much to make it round

Swerved

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guess that would just depend. I don't use much Japanese cotton. The only Japanese cotton I have is Labo, which is similar but not quite as thick as the KGD as far as I can tell. I leave one side on it. I guess it's a matter of preference, but I haven't noticed much difference one way or the other. It might be a little easier to work with when one of the outside layers (or both) are left on, but not a big deal either way.

Maybe it really comes down to how you wick. If you use that Scottish Roll method that's been going around, you're gonna wanna leave one side on because that seemingly makes it easier to roll up. But really no matter the method, if you get the right amount of cotton in the coil so that it's not too loose or packed too tight, then it should perform well. Ya just gotta try what other people suggest, and determine what works best for you.

VU Sponsors