Become a Patron!

Wicking with mesh and ss rope.

UDAWG

Member For 4 Years
I have only been rebuilding for a couple of months now. Organic cotton has been the big thing. I just purchased an older genesis style tank (kraken) just to compare with the modern rta's and was wandering if cotton is preferred or is stainless steel mesh and rope the way to go on genesis tanks?

VapeTechnologies

VapeTechnologies LLC Advanced Custom Boxes
VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I'd go with SS rope like this stuff here. I'm just using the picture as a reference, we don't sell this stuff. It comes with certain tanks we have. You can find some on ebay or vape shops that sell their stuff online. Just make sure it's the clean (surgical) steel and not the stuff you hang large picture frames with. You want 303 or 304 grade SS

SSwick.png

VapeTechnologies

VapeTechnologies LLC Advanced Custom Boxes
VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Also, wicking with SS rope take some skill and prior knowledge, there's some good tutorials on youtube about different methods people use, torching, etc.. but once you get it down it makes for a very good wick with excellent capillary action. In fact, I own a kracken myself (one of my first tanks from years ago) and they are one of the best tanks to use SS rope with, in my opinion. Just be careful with the glass tube as it breaks easily. Try to avoid taking it off as a matter of fact because they crack very easy. Good luck and let us know how it goes, pics would be great too!

VU Sponsors