Become a Patron!

Will 120W be enough to cover any build?

Xxfarrellmonchxx

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am getting a 120w mod. Would 120 watts be enough to produce on any possible build out there in my Mutation X V3?

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
It depends on whether or not the mod is regulated or unregulated.
A regulated 120 watt mod should go down to 0.10 ohms which is as low as you should go.

suprtrkr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Generally, yes. 120 watts is more than most people can stand.

Vesuvius

OG
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yea, even with parallel Claptons and such, I am usually around 80 give or take.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
It'll cover most builds except builds that require much more wattage like Cat Tracks/ Framed Staples, Staggered Variants, Alien Fraples and so on....It will cover all other builds such as Normal Coils/Parallels, Claptons, Fused Claptons*, Staples*, Framed Staples*, Staggered Fused Claptons*, Stove Tops, Zipper Coils, Twisted Coils ect.

* means this can very and may need more wattage depending on materials and build composition.

If your thinking of getting the Kbox 120w I would seriously consider looking for something else...

Xxfarrellmonchxx

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you. I was considering the kbox120 because money is tight but I think im going to get the sigelei 150w tc instead. I found it online for just under $60. I was considering the Releux rx200 but i just really dont like the idea bave having to mess with three batteries. What do you think of the 2 devices i mentioned?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thank you. I was considering the kbox120 because money is tight but I think im going to get the sigelei 150w tc instead. I found it online for just under $60. I was considering the Releux rx200 but i just really dont like the idea bave having to mess with three batteries. What do you think of the 2 devices i mentioned?
I would look into the X Cube II, R200, the Laisimo L1, the Cuboid, the RX200, Tarot 200w, IPV5, Decimus, Istick 100TC (120w with update), Telsa devices...all in the same affordable range or cheaper but much better build quality, better functioning and have the same features or better overall...

The Kbox 120/200w..Not something that you want if you dont want to waste your hard earned money

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Cuboid, Xcube, or RX200. Are solid devices. The Sigelei is decent for $60, but I got the Releaux for $39 on a Joe pimp deal and the damn thing is rock solid and does hit a true 200 watts.

Vesuvius

OG
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Cuboid, Xcube, or RX200. Are solid devices. The Sigelei is decent for $60, but I got the Releaux for $39 on a Joe pimp deal and the damn thing is rock solid and does hit a true 200 watts.
Yep, got mine for 45 and thats still damn good for what it can do. Probably one of the better deals right now for a solid box.

Xxfarrellmonchxx

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How often are you changing the batteries in the rx200? Thats what scares me. I really dont want to have tospend the cash in two 6 bay chargers because i have to constantly swap out the three batteries.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
How often are you changing the batteries in the rx200? Thats what scares me. I really dont want to have tospend the cash in two 6 bay chargers because i have to constantly swap out the three batteries.
That would all depend on how high your wattage is set and the resistance your atomizer is...If you get a Efest Luc6 you can charge 4 batteries at once @ 1A, the batteries would be done waaay before the ones in use would die.

Xxfarrellmonchxx

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks. I think im going to go with the Rx200. I found a few sites thst have it for $40. Would my LG HG2 18560s be safe for thay device? If not, what would you recommend?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks. I think im going to go with the Rx200. I found a few sites thst have it for $40. Would my LG HG2 18560s be safe for thay device? If not, what would you recommend?
Any cell will do nicely in any regulated mod. If it has a chip (Regulated) then the chip will regulate the input voltage/current and then convert what it needs for the output wattage/current. I actually would suggest you grab a couple Samsung 30Q's or LG HB2's for the extra Battery life. I myself use Samsung 25R's in everything from Mech Mods to Regulated as they are a Jack of all trades with high amp output and great battery life...plus they are cheap and authentic's are easy to find.

Vesuvius

OG
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I am still on the same 3 batts I put in my RX yesterday and it is still above half a charge and thats with VTC4's. Granted I only vape between 40 and 60 watts sometimes 80. The LG's are fine for it. I would keep those batts for use in the RX only and rotate the batts every time you charge them and put them in.

Xxfarrellmonchxx

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I wouldnt buy anything from anywhere except Liionwholesale.com and IMRBatteries.com, they test a handful of batteries from each batch to ensure they are authentics.
Thanks a ton man. You definitely steared me in the right direction. Im going with the rx200 with 6 25Rs. Im also going to get a 4 bay charger since i already have a 2 bay. This way i can charge 6 batteries at once.

Xxfarrellmonchxx

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What I don't understand is why anybody would buy the LG HE4 instead of the HE2 considering they are both 20A yet the HG2 has 500 more MAH. Am i missing something? Sorry about all of the noob questions. I am stikl fairly new to all of this. I just realized that the 25R is also 2500MAH and 20A. So does that mean that the HG2 would be the best choice since it is also 20A but has 500 more mah then the HE4 and the 25R. Man am i confused.......

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
What I don't understand is why anybody would buy the LG HE4 instead of the HE2 considering they are both 20A yet the HG2 has 500 more MAH. Am i missing something? Sorry about all of the noob questions. I am stikl fairly new to all of this. I just realized that the 25R is also 2500MAH and 20A. So does that mean that the HG2 would be the best choice since it is also 20A but has 500 more mah then the HE4 and the 25R. Man am i confused.......
Its just a newer version of the cell with more life cycles...much like the Samsung 25R2 and 25R5. There really isnt a difference besides one handles heat better. I would also suggest you to get the Efest 6 Bay LUC6 as you can pick them up for around $25 online and you can charge 6 batteries at once or 4 batteries @ 1 amp, or 2 batteries @ 2 amps...this shortens charge time immensely and if charging at one amp it doesnt affect battery capacity over time.

Xxfarrellmonchxx

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Its just a newer version of the cell with more life cycles...much like the Samsung 25R2 and 25R5. There really isnt a difference besides one handles heat better. I would also suggest you to get the Efest 6 Bay LUC6 as you can pick them up for around $25 online and you can charge
6 batteries at once or 4 batteries @ 1 amp, or 2 batteries @ 2 amps...this shortens charge time immensely and if charging at one amp it doesnt affect battery capacity over time.
Where did you find that efest charger for $25? I cant find it for any less than $50

Vesuvius

OG
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I wouldnt buy anything from anywhere except Liionwholesale.com and IMRBatteries.com, they test a handful of batteries from each batch to ensure they are authentics.
Just out of curiosity, what about RTD?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Just out of curiosity, what about RTD?
Im not sure about RTD or what it means...Those 2 sites I listed are also members of the forum and provide explicit details on their orders and supply, even posting tests of their batches in the past. For me that says alot, especially with all these shady business's selling rewraps and "B" Cells.

Vesuvius

OG
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thanks a ton man. You definitely steared me in the right direction. Im going with the rx200 with 6 25Rs. Im also going to get a 4 bay charger since i already have a 2 bay. This way i can charge 6 batteries at once.
The RX is pretty sweet. I think you will like it. I will probably never go much above 100 watts on it, nor do I use the Ti, Ni or TC much but, its nice having all of that incase you do ever decide to use those functions. I have not put mine down since I got it.

Vesuvius

OG
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Im not sure about RTD or what it means...Those 2 sites I listed are also members of the forum and provide explicit details on their orders and supply, even posting tests of their batches in the past. For me that says alot, especially with all these shady business's selling rewraps and "B" Cells.
Sorry, RTDVapor. Heard they sold legit but, I do not know if they test anything.

Xxfarrellmonchxx

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Man is it nice to have a community of people willing to provide good information for someone like myself. Thanks to all who replied.

Xxfarrellmonchxx

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm going to buy the charger first and get that out of the way until I have a few more bucks to buy the RX200 and the six 25Rs I'll need for it.

I've only been in the game for less than two months, and started with the tc100w... Upgraded it to the 120.
I started saying I would never do anything but TC mode... That lasted about a week.... Then I said I'd never do anything but tanks...
Another week..
Then I said I'd only rebuild the tfv4 coil...
Now I've got about 5 tanks, a holy grail RDA, a haze RDA clone, and a moonshot in the mail....
Still running them on the tc100...
I'm very close to buying the rx200, for no good reason at all.... But damn it I want it.
I'm well aware most of the guys on here would laugh at the piddly amount of gear I've got, but things really escalated quickly for me.. Lol

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
^^^ This is like how I started....and we all know where thats gone too ;)

VU Sponsors