Become a Patron!

Will this be safe enough?

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi people, on the weekend I am ordering a subtank mini V2 and a dripper.

My sigelei has an inbuilt ohms reader, but I am also going to use an external tester made specifically for this, you screw the whole tank/dripper onto it, and it reads you the ohms.

I remember the basics of ohms law from school. I don't plan to ever go below 0.5, my sigelei goes down to 0.3 but I think 0.5 will be enough and safer.

So, do you think I will be ok using this method to test my coils? My organic cotton arrived in the post today, it was only £2.89 for 10 sheets of the stuff, there is loads, enough for at least 50, I would say 100, coils. I am awaiting the 26 gauge Kanther to arrive, that will probably come next week. I wont be building untill I get my ohm reader and subtank/dripper.

Also, is it worth buying a cheap or dear dripper, as I guess they all function the same? The shop I use has ones ranging from £7 to £30, if it doesn't matter I will get the cheapest next saturday.

State O' Flux

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi people, on the weekend I am ordering a subtank mini V2 and a dripper.

My sigelei has an inbuilt ohms reader, but I am also going to use an external tester made specifically for this, you screw the whole tank/dripper onto it, and it reads you the ohms.
I remember the basics of ohms law from school. I don't plan to ever go below 0.5, my sigelei goes down to 0.3 but I think 0.5 will be enough and safer.
So, do you think I will be ok using this method to test my coils?

Based on your comments, yes.

My organic cotton arrived in the post today, it was only £2.89 for 10 sheets of the stuff, there is loads, enough for at least 50, I would say 100, coils. I am awaiting the 26 gauge Kanther to arrive, that will probably come next week. I wont be building untill I get my ohm reader and subtank/dripper.

Also, is it worth buying a cheap or dear dripper, as I guess they all function the same?

No they are not. Quality of manufacture, materials and base conductivity can be night and day. Better to buy one good atty than two mediocre attys. "Machined in" negative posts, "rebuildable"... meaning replacement post, insulation parts, grub screws and o-rings are available.
Good fit of caps and sleeves ("snug"... rather than too lose or tight) are all signs of better quality.

The shop I use has ones ranging from £7 to £30, if it doesn't matter I will get the cheapest next saturday.
Although you'll not be going below 0.5Ω, and appear to be using a regulated mod (both of which reduce the likelihood of a battery failure substantially)... with an ohm meter/build box, accuracy is far more important than resolution.
Accuracy to +/- 0.020Ω (2 one-hundredths place) or less is desirable ... and is critical for builds less than 0.20Ω, where an above true error value can cause a discharge in excess of battery MCCD.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Not all RDAs are equal. They differ in quality, airflow, more flavor, or vapor, etc. Therefore, an answer depends on what you're looking for in a RDA.

VU Sponsors