Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I had to say bye-bye to my wine for a while. On the Keto Diet while I'm going through physical therapy. Why waste a perfect opportunity to get my back stronger, tighten up and look svelte again!? I'd post a picture of a pole dancer, but I'm too lazy.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Tonight's libation is a 2013 Tutunjian Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon. I got the Vinturi 1010 red wine aerator so I no longer have to decant the wine to allow it to breath.

kG11W2e.jpg

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I do love my wine, but by no means am I a connoisseur such as yourself, Chef. I do enjoy Clos Du Bois Pino during summer.
Pinot.jpg

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Tonight's wine is a 2014 Telling Bird Zinfandel. The is the last of the 3 bottles I got from the Firstleaf wine club trial membership. The nose (if I'm using the term correctly) is heavy on an isopropyl aroma. Surprised the fuck outta me! It a little heavy at 15.5% alcohol, but the nose doesn't carry to the palate. The flavor has almost none of the isopropylness (is that a word?) to it. It's a bit fruitier than the cabs I've been trying up until now.

NmlCC2k.jpg

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Neither do I, but it's a fun learning experience. I've never had an appreciation for wine. But I've read on numerous occasions that 2 glasses of red wine each evening has all kinds of health benefits, so I figured I'd give it a shot.

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Neither do I, but it's a fun learning experience. I've never had an appreciation for wine. But I've read on numerous occasions that 2 glasses of red wine each evening has all kinds of health benefits, so I figured I'd give it a shot.
How about 2 glasses of single malt scotch?...That's more up my alley, LOL.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
For hard liquor I pretty much limit myself to Jack Daniels, although I've been wanting to try the Gentleman Jack for a while now.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Tonight I wanted to try something a little different, so I asked Sang over at the Wine Vine (www.winevine.org) for a Cabernet Franc suggestion. He showed me this 2015 Saget la Perriere Marie de Beauregard Chinon and I like it! If this flavor is indicative a most Cab Francs, I think I'll try a few more.

b2Bb4ci.jpg

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Tonight's wine is a Spanish red - Viña Cumbrero 2010 Crianza (Rioja). The white thingy on the left is a wine saver suction device that removes the excess air from a bottle of wine if you're not going to finish it (I only drink 2 glasses each night). I found it necessary, because the Cabernet Franc I had the other night went flat from being in the fridge for 2 days. "Flat" is the only way I can really describe the change in the flavor - it had no zing left to it, from being overly oxidized for those 2 days I guess.

eOd9wPP.jpg

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Tonight's wine is a 2013 Allegrini Palazzo Della Torre. I'm finally starting to notices the difference between the reds I've been trying. Although I'm still not able to distinguish the specifics, such as blackberry, oak, vanillas, etc.

1NGY1dv.jpg

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Tonight's delicious grape juice is a 2016 Fautor 310 Merlot & Rara Neagră

Kkni47C.jpg

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not wine but will be my pairing for tonight. Was gifted this at work today. Hard work pays off. Thinking of a caramel vape to try to round it out a bit. A nice sipping wiskey.
0c78347ed81d386a6030dba2511474c6.jpg
b85dbde80ed1464200957a0f0d4e05ad.jpg

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Not wine but will be my pairing for tonight. Was gifted this at work today. Hard work pays off. Thinking of a caramel vape to try to round it out a bit. A nice sipping wiskey.
0c78347ed81d386a6030dba2511474c6.jpg
b85dbde80ed1464200957a0f0d4e05ad.jpg

Nice! My boss doesn't give me squat.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Tonight’s happiness comes from a bottle of Argentinian 2017 Prima Zona Malbec. This one came as 1 of 3 bottles from my Firstleaf wine club shipment. It’s my first time trying Malbec- I’ve mostly been trying Cabernets and a couple of Merlots. I have to say, so far I’m less than impressed. Being that I’m still quite new to this, I don’t know if it’s because I haven’t been introduced to Malbec, or if I just don’t care for this this particular bottle. Very weak in flavor, and no bite to it. Don’t get me wrong – it’s not bad, just not nearly as complex as what I’m becoming accustomed to drinking. There is another Malbec varietal in the shipment, so we’ll see if it’s any better.

p18Dp8s.jpg

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Tonight's vino is a 2016 Vinicola Mediterranea Primoduca Primitivo di Manduria from Italy. This is another one selected for my by Sang over at the Wine Vine. MUCH better than last nights mediocre Malbec sent to me by Firstleaf. It's a tad bit on the fruity side, which is something I haven't yet experienced with the cabs. Quite delicious, actually.

Ws4FKKv.jpg

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Tonight’s wine is a 2015 MooBuzz Grenache Syrah Mourvedre from California. Gonna try something a little different tonight – I’m pairing it with a Valrhona Noire Orange chocolate, counterbalanced with a vanilla vape.

d1bhQ8b.jpg

Here's a better pic of the chocolate:

0ydGHW5.jpg

VU Sponsors